28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Saradomin_Mage

Bought purple 980, sold purple 1010, bought purple 978. #winning.

Prices are absolutely crazy at the moment.

I also can't believe Jagex put spirit shields in it, they were already manually adjusting sigil prices as they never updated, which caused the actual shields to drop relatively rapidly. Now this... Seems like they don't think these things through at all.

Asmodean <3

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reposting this for those curious.

(From rs screenies thread)

Not mine, but the server wide announcements, tribal tattoo, and Lucky Armadyl Godsword.

EDIT --- Marauder Tattoo

[hide]

News.png

Tribal_tattoo.png

fds.png

Marauder_tattoo.png

[/hide]

Same player, 2 different tats? Only thing I can think of is that it's somewhat customizable, or has a few styles to choose from... The odds of someone getting 2 super-rare rewards on the same day must be astronomical, so I'm ruling that out.

Nazgul.jpeg

This seems like a good way of coercing people into coming back every day in hopes of winning something they could never afford. Kind of like Neopets. I came back to that game every day for like a year after I stopped playing back in the day just in hopes of winning the 100m jackpot from test your strength.

Imagine a F2P get a Divine or AGS:

"Suscribe to claim".

Don't Suscribe, and you loose a big item...

Another "We want more money" idea by Jagex.

Few updates ago they said effigies are overpowered, not there is medium and huge xp lamps.

Imagine a F2P get a Divine or AGS:

"Suscribe to claim".

Don't Suscribe, and you loose a big item...

Another "We want more money" idea by Jagex.

Few updates ago they said effigies are overpowered, not there is medium and huge xp lamps.

First off: Yes. They want more money. They killed half a population of bots that were paying membership. I would be too. Why fault them for keeping funds being generated so the game survives longer?

And the huge xp lamp is just as rare as the items, and the medium lamps, as far as I can tell, don't give you a choice of the skill that they affect. Therefore, they are far, far less powerful then Effigies are/were.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Both medium lamps I received, and about the dozen or so friends have gotten, have given a choice of any skill. The small one I got didn't though. (And was for prayer -.-)

If the one huge lamp someone said they got was true, then that gave 350k xp at level 98. Saving 6-7hours runecrafting is pretty significant.

Asmodean <3

I stand corrected. Their power still is far lower then Effigy lamps and some are not a choice. (I have received a lamp that wasn't a choice for me.)

And, while 350k exp is significant, the amount of time it'd take to get one would negate the advantage and turn it into a lucky burst, seeing as it is in the 'super rare' category. It's likely that you will get one once a blue moon.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Just a question if you win a divine, but do not subscribe, does it count as a discard?

Edit: Or can you save it and subscribe at a later date and still pick it up?

You have to subscribe right then and there to receive it.

patr1ckotg1.png

Imagine..Gold farmers or Botters:

Makes account meet requirement for wheel:

Do wheel.

Get Divine/AGS

Sell account.

A hole opened for Account selling?

an account with a divine but no stats?

i don't think many people would want to buy that.

it's such a niche product so to speak.

i'd be surprised if you could sell the accounts for 10x less than the price on a normal divine.

there aren't that many new players entering the game.

and even fewer of them would be interested in the RWT part of the game.

Naaxi.png

Imagine..Gold farmers or Botters:

Makes account meet requirement for wheel:

Do wheel.

Get Divine/AGS

Sell account.

A hole opened for Account selling?

Yes... Someone wants to buy an account that likely will have low stats, a valueless bank, and only an untradable item that with either require a massive amount of skilling to do quests to wield the item, or at least a lot of combat training.

While the seller can do the above, it still relies on them actually getting the item. In that time, they could have just gotten the tradable version. Too much effort for little reward.

bc8ebae3b0.png

I got a bronze arrow and a 50 gp on my second roll <_< these were the possible prices in the second spin (I forgot to take a screenshot from the first one)

Spin2.png

I suck at cropping

Dusk%20Soul.png

Has anyone seen huge lamps yet? I saw someone say they got 350k xp when used on a level 98 skill, but verification would be nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was that much, it does take the same incredibly rare place than an Ely or 10m coins usually takes.

I saw a 'Player x has gotten lucky zamorakian spear from the spin!' message earlier. So if you stick on world 2 near the reset you'll probably get a good idea how common the rares are by the message spam.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I've heard a few times now that "Lucky" Items disappear after a certain amount of time using it, or something like that.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true?

Probably just rumors. There's no mention of them degrading in the FAQ. JMods only mentioned them having identical stats to their unlucky counterparts, and the FAQ only mentions them being destroyed on death unless they are selected to be specifically kept on death by the player. Seems like an important piece of information to leave out of the FAQ.

Nazgul.jpeg

Took me a bit longer to sit down and digest what the update really was today. I'd write a longer spiel on it, but I don't have the inclination to yet.

TL;DR: This update was a waste of development resources, and does nothing to encourage/entice players to become serious Members.

The amount of time to develop or place this code in could have been better spent working on updates that would truly get players interested in the game again. A new look on what content the game has, and what should be revamped would have been a more welcome update than this - what looks like it was thrown together in three hours. Even more problematic - if Jagex decides to "nerf" this update, and make it so the lucky items have a degradation period, then the update will become absolutely worthless; the rarity of the item coupled with the duration of the item won't be of any benefit to anyone. It doesn't really affect the market (except for panickers), since the item is still rare. But it doesn't include the risk of losing equipment fighting the NPC to collect it, which doesn't balance it properly enough in my opinion.

Aside from that, it is wildly removed from canon. A random goblin with a magical random wheel with these epic lucky items just appears out of nowhere and gives you a chance at winning stuff...the [bleep] is that? Why is this relevant to RuneScape? Why not just add them to the Loyalty Shop? I mean, as much as I dislike the Loyalty Program, you could add the tats, horns, katana, or whatever the heck you wanted to toss in there to it. That is actually something that has a chance of retaining Membership, and it would appropriately display the value of these cosmetic items.

The true salt in the wound is the chance to get Members' items, and then forcing the player to either keep the epic item with Members, or discard it. This part pisses me off the most - it's like saying you'll give away 12 batches of ice cream for free, but the extra awesome batches are only for long-time paying customers. If you're going to do it half-assed, it's not worth doing at all!

Overall, Jagex doesn't accomplish a damn thing with this update. They want to get more Members, but they're only listening to short-term gimmicks and ploys, instead of building on a rich mountain of existing lore and content. My hope is that they fire whomever is pitching this crap to them, as well as whomever is forcing them to develop this, and get back to making RuneScape a more engaging game to play.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Someone got trimmed comp cape. Pretty cool update.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101