28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to make a quick 20m off panic sellers. :thumbup:

Rarity of these items really makes me wonder the reactions of people wh get them :blink:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I'm just really curious as to what the actual rates are. I feel like the new cosmetic items shouldn't be as rare as receiving some of the best equipment in the game. What's the point if no one ever sees them?

Just seems like a new line of Golden Scythes to me, rarity-wise, especially since we're at 11 pages and not one person here has a first-hand account of receiving any of them.

365 days in a year, so 730 spins yearly. It really is a rather precarious balance, as there's nothing required, but there's also no way to increase your spins or chances. I can definitely see them offering additional spins, like they did a few times with Loyalty Points, though.

How many actual hours are there from now until it resets?

2dgucz6.png

1 hour 30 mins from the time I posted this post. You will probably have to log out then back in to see the option to spin, just like to make the sandstone for flasks re-spawn.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

You're welcome. Gonna keep a comprehensive log for this wheel thing.

Currently 2 spins.

1. Med Lamp for RC (Uncommon).

2. Small lamp for any skill. (Common).

EDIT: Lolol my best clue ever was a few years ago. 3rd age vambs+Robin in same clue. 3rd age vambs was definitely bitter sweet.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Eh. I welcome this. Gives players that wouldn't ordinarily have access to 'elite' level items a small chance at it.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Imo the horns/tattoos shouldn't be this rare. I can understand making expensive items very rare, but not esthetic items that cannot be obtained by any other method.

2480+ total

I would like to submit todays update as evidence that 'stupid pills' not only exist, but a few people at Jagex are using them.

The prizes are either soul crushing in their pointlessness (the soul crushing comes from giving you hope of cool prizes, and then giving you a steaming pile of manure instead), or allow you to bypass the mechanics of the game such as earning money to buy things, or having the skills to get stuff as loot yourself. Also, it allows you to bypass training with lamps (to be clear, I don't have an issue with xp rewards, only large ones that you don't have to do anything to get), which is like the whole point of the game for many people.

It's like perfectly crafted to be a lose lose thing.

As another point, it has no lore, and doesn't actually exist since it has no game location. I greatly dislike the idea of adding content that doesn't actually fit into the game itself. The fact that it doesn't actually fit into the game at all is my major objection to this. I can live with the other stuff, but its like someone got high, thought this would be a good idea, and thumb tacked a flash game onto RuneScape. Maybe next they can give us a log in game where we play one of those games where you have a car that has to dodge back and forth on the road to get around obstacles, and give out xp lamps based on how long till you crash.

+1, especially about the lore part.

This is just a poor a fit as the game show random event.

I doubt it will encourage me to log in every day, let alone resubscribe.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

about 15 minuets until we all get another few roles. How much do you want to bet it's going to screw up and not work aha

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

Imo the horns/tattoos shouldn't be this rare. I can understand making expensive items very rare, but not esthetic items that cannot be obtained by any other method.

That's what I said.. :mellow:

If they're going to do it like this, they should add tokens for the cosmetic items, like they did with random events. Even if the tokens were "uncommon" and it took quite a few, it would still be better than having Third-Age rarity on these items.

But that might defeat the purpose. I dunno...

We'll have to wait a week or two to see if they're really as rare as we think they are.

2dgucz6.png

Divines are seriously over rated. I prefer my Elysian. <3:

5 mins till reset, good luck to all! :thumbup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]