28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone yesterday said it seemed the items on the wheel were effected by combat level/total. But I can debunk that with a half dozen accounts ranging from lvl 3 to 136, and even the lvl 3 f2pers have the same options (such as divines) that the 136 p2p does. I think some people just get a bad luck of the draw on the initial selection. One of my super-rares today was the flying goblin hat... me wanted :(

Still the best item I've gotten so far was a rune platebody on my lvl 35 f2per. Hasn't even done dragon slayer yet lol. But if a lvl 3 newbie got that as a reward, they'd flip out. I still remember being ecstatic about a friend giving me a free steel longsword when I first started. Seems like a nice kick for noobs to get money flow started. Takes money to make money as they say.

Nazgul.jpeg

Guess I'm lucky because I keep getting selective lamps, instead of those that come with a skill you must it them with. Got a small and a med one yesterday, got another med one today and a med prayer one.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

If you watch the selection very carefully, the highlighted choice jumps over lucky items very fast compared to the normal items, so its probably a big "number wheel" so the selection goes up to, say, 10 and increments by .01 and it moves fast so 0-1 (.00-1.00) are the first item but on rare items its only, say 2-2.25 or something like that. so you only have like 1/4th of a chance of getting a lucky item if the wheel slows down within the lucky item range. I really don't believe the whole, your stop doesn't count on which item you get, unless a number is generated regardless for that spin and that is the number you will get.

My Programmer's mind is just trying to figure out exactly how this thing works lol

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

If you watch the selection very carefully, the highlighted choice jumps over lucky items very fast compared to the normal items, so its probably a big "number wheel" so the selection goes up to, say, 10 and increments by .01 and it moves fast so 0-1 (.00-1.00) are the first item but on rare items its only, say 2-2.25 or something like that. so you only have like 1/4th of a chance of getting a lucky item if the wheel slows down within the lucky item range. I really don't believe the whole, your stop doesn't count on which item you get, unless a number is generated regardless for that spin and that is the number you will get.

My Programmer's mind is just trying to figure out exactly how this thing works lol

Well... If you look at the wheel itself, the rare+ items have a smaller space to land on than the others so that explains why thing goes over the rare+ items faster.

Also, the wheel is probably just like the item drop wheels. The drop is basically predetermined the seconded you hit the button/the wheel itself starts spinning. If that's the case it probably leaves you a certain chance to land on said items just like the drop wheels.

Got 2 small lamps (Cooking and Attack) and a medium lamp and 3 silver ores on my noob account.

I swear I landed on the huge lamp in the middle for one of the spins, but then it randomly decided to bump once more. :( Really curious about the XP from Large and Huge lamps.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

They said the spinning wheel is completely unrelated to the actual coding of receiving whichever item. It's just a gui gimmick to make it a little more fun. Think the jmod quote was earlier in this thread.

Nazgul.jpeg

They could have spent time and money into making a better update.

See I hate comments like this. People think they spent so much damn money and time on a tiny update.

They didn't even announce this update, and they already fulfilled the rest of the stuff. The fact that you can move the little goblin menu thing is a triumph because it paves way for newer and better interfaces, and it works.

See I hate comments like this. People think they spent so much damn money and time on a tiny update.

They didn't even announce this update, and they already fulfilled the rest of the stuff. The fact that you can move the little goblin menu thing is a triumph because it paves way for newer and better interfaces, and it works.

You have no idea how long or how short it took them either, so don't be a jagex apologist

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

You have no idea how long or how short it took them either, so don't be a jagex apologist

I'm not apologizing for anyone. It just seems people will complain just for the sake of complaining.

Make large update: it sucks

make small update: it sucks

Seriously just stop playing the game at that point.

I totally agree with the... *sigh*... "jagex apologist".

You people cry about every single change.

This month has been GREAT for runescape.

Potion flasks!

TzHaar quest!

Fight kilns!

Dominion tower boss!

Still keeping the bots at bay! (Mostly)

Movable objects in the GUI!

Mediocre mostly harmless wheel of fortune!

If you're not happy with the way the updates are going now, you're gonna have a pretty disappointing future ahead of you.

Although in all seriousness, the new bolts next month look like a great addition to the now comparatively weak ranged skill. Can't wait to see your complaints about those. :)

Edited by Kimberly
Edited for appropriate content

CNqWHdA.jpg

unless a number is generated regardless for that spin and that is the number you will get.

there should be an rsof thread where a Jmod states this

Probably in a Schrodinger-like fashion, a random number is created by the act of spinning the wheel, and the random number determines which reward you get. Perhaps there are also constraints which game it by preventing the RuneScape population as a whole from getting too many free rare items.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Probably in a Schrodinger-like fashion, a random number is created by the act of spinning the wheel, and the random number determines which reward you get. Perhaps there are also constraints which game it by preventing the RuneScape population as a whole from getting too many free rare items.

In other words exactly like a normal slot machine? (which many people assume they can game in their favor...)

Though I'm not sure what Schrodinger has to do with this...

- Jake

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Potion flasks!

TzHaar quest!

Fight kilns!

Dominion tower boss!

And yet the tears still flow from your prepubescent faces. If you're not happy with the way the updates are going now, you're gonna have a pretty disappointing future ahead of you.

Although in all seriousness, the new bolts next month look like a great addition to the now comparatively weak ranged skill. Can't wait to see your complaints about those. :)

Yaaa Insults! What a way to make your point stronger and more true!

The point is, what is the point of this update? Any lore backing? Any story line? Any reason to give people rare items? Or is it a marketing ploy to get people to keep or get members? If its the later thats a short term fix for a large issue.

Edited by Kimberly

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

More coins and whatnot. :(

I want one of those huge lamps!! =P~

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Potion flasks!

---Storing untradebale pots in BoB's was more important than giving already high levels even more free money each day

TzHaar quest!

---Reward was a ring that made DKS PVM significantly less worthwhile (One of the few bosses mid-levels can do with ease)

Fight kilns!

---Cape didn't work on Ice Fiends initially, yet more lack of oversight on Jagex's end

Dominion tower boss!

---Boss serves no purpose, no reward from killing, no reason to kill more than once

---Bots came back in force this month despite Jagex's claim that botbreaking would be a continuous effort; meanwhile framerate issues increase every week

---Something other MMO's have had for almost a decade, and this one serves no real use in Runescape (so far)

---Aside from yet again breaking Jagex's promise of not having advertisements for P2P on F2P worlds

If you're not happy with the way the updates are going now, you're gonna have a pretty disappointing future ahead of you.

-- this game has had its ups and downs over the decade I have played it, but lately it has been going downhill more and more every month, all in the name of the all mighty dollar; and yes I will be very disappointed when the game I grew up playing is ran into the ground by greed

Edited by Kimberly
You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png