28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Saradomin_Mage

50GP and a feather.

Watch out RS economy.

Same thing here. RS economy will be so destroyed by our combined powers!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think people make too much hoo-ha (sp?) out of nothing. It's a silly little update that can give you free things. Yes, some free stuff is terrible, some are so rare you are more than likely to never get them but so what? This was never mentioned anywhere by Jagex (as far as I know), it's not meant to be a massive update like Tzhaar rework and new cape. Get over yourselves and enjoy some random stuff.

Hacked, gaining none buy-able skills.

The thing I don't get. If the animation really doesn't make a difference to the outcome why isn't it animated in the game engine properly? So clicking the squeal of fortune button teleports you to an instanced area where you can pill a lever and see the animation rendered in the proper game engine instead of the silly cartoon graphics.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Now that it's been a few days since the update, i'll ask a question we may have a better possibility in answering:

How rare are the rare items? I've not been keeping up with the related threads perfectly, but I still haven't seen any first-hand rare spins. I have also not seen many pictures of second-hand rare spins, which tells me they are in fact just as rare as I first expected.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

They tweeted yesterday and said that someone won the first head tattoo but haven't named anyone else as winning and top prizes. Make of that what you will...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There was pic of a head tattoo on this thread(around page 13 I think?). But yeah, rare means rare and tbh if someone had heard of more than a few cases in this short amount of time it would be waaay too much.

Is there a timeframe on this or is it here to stay? Been away for so long, to come back to this it just doesn't feel right. But hey, a lot of things don't feel right about RS anymore before anyone accuses me of being prejudiced against goblins

proud owner of bunny ears and scythe (rsc fo lyf)

muska007.png

Is there a timeframe on this or is it here to stay? Been away for so long, to come back to this it just doesn't feel right. But hey, a lot of things don't feel right about RS anymore before anyone accuses me of being prejudiced against goblins

It's here to stay.

crossed_body.png

There was pic of a head tattoo on this thread(around page 13 I think?). But yeah, rare means rare and tbh if someone had heard of more than a few cases in this short amount of time it would be waaay too much.

Those pictures were provided by Jagex on the official wiki. So they aren't instances where the items were actually won.

has anyone else lost there squeal of fortunes? i have it on my f2p accounts but on my members account i havnt seen it in 2 days...

Try searching for help on the RSOF or sending in a bug report here.

just got a large fletching lamp =.=, troll game is troll.

How much xp did it give you, and what was your fletching level?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Updates like these make me feel angry, it got nothing to deal with RS.

Last time I was just walking around with a noobaccount and just by walking around I slowly received money :S?

I meen honoustly, this is not the game I once liked any more, not even close actually...

I actually hope Jagex will lose a big bunch of players soon because of trash like this, throw all the bullshit overpowered weapons away and go back to 2004 or something.

just got a large fletching lamp =.=, troll game is troll.

:wall:

I got a medium defense lamp.... On my 1 defense pure.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Updates like these make me feel angry, it got nothing to deal with RS.

Last time I was just walking around with a noobaccount and just by walking around I slowly received money :S?

I meen honoustly, this is not the game I once liked any more, not even close actually...

I actually hope Jagex will lose a big bunch of players soon because of trash like this, throw all the bullshit overpowered weapons away and go back to 2004 or something.

Not liking the update is one thing, but hoping that they lose business because they're trying to appeal to newer players is petty and makes you look like a vindictive child. RuneScape has grown to the point of games like Final Fantasy XI, where the sheer amount of content thrown at a new user is overwhelming to the point where a slow start can cause someone to log off and not return. God forbid Jagex throw an insignificant amount of gold at a player and provide them some starting tools so they aren't completely lost as to what to do.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yeah, I've spun probably over 100 times on all my accounts and the best I've gotten is a couple medium lamps. No one has a drop sample size large enough yet, but from what I hear, most people are talking about 1/10000 for the 'grand prize'.

For each spin:

White = 46,15%

Yellow = 30,76%

Red = 15,38%

Super-awesome-amazing-red = 7,69%

Any red = 23,07%

;)

I really hope you're joking. That would be the case if you have an equal chance of landing on each reward (which you don't) and furthermore the animation at the bottom actually has no bearing on your final reward anyway, aside from it displaying your possible rewards.

Your final reward might aswell be determined before you even hit the button :P

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

For each spin:

White = 46,15%

Yellow = 30,76%

Red = 15,38%

Any red = 23,07%

;)

I really hope you're joking. That would be the case if you have an equal chance of landing on each reward (which you don't) and furthermore the animation at the bottom actually has no bearing on your final reward anyway, aside from it displaying your possible rewards.

It's obvious they can't be right. 23.07% for rare rewards would mean roughly 1 in 4 prizes received ought to be a rare. Meaning 1 in every 2 members each day.

Jagex has been tweeting and announcing the big wins and so far there's only been mention of a handful; like that 1 AGS and that swagger stick.

About 14 spins done per active member so far, assuming at least 100k play in the course of 24 hours that's 1,400,000 spins at least.

I think its safe to say we would of noticed a lot more info if 350,000 rolls had come out with rare wins.

Judging by rewards I've seen mentioned so far I'd say its more like 80% for the common white stuff 15% for the midway yellow stuff, 4% for rares and 1% for the jackpot slot.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

For each spin:

White = 46,15%

Yellow = 30,76%

Red = 15,38%

Any red = 23,07%

;)

It's obvious they can't be right. 23.07% for rare rewards would mean roughly 1 in 4 prizes received ought to be a rare. Meaning 1 in every 2 members each day.

Jagex has been tweeting and announcing the big wins and so far there's only been mention of a handful; like that 1 AGS and that swagger stick.

About 14 spins done per active member so far, assuming at least 100k play in the course of 24 hours that's 1,400,000 spins at least.

I think its safe to say we would of noticed a lot more info if 350,000 rolls had come out with rare wins.

Judging by rewards I've seen mentioned so far I'd say its more like 80% for the common white stuff 15% for the midway yellow stuff, 4% for rares and 1% for the jackpot slot.

I'd argue the yellow stuff has a much higher chance, the white is only slightly above yellow, and rare is far below 4% from what I've heard. (Note that lucky AGS can be a rare item, not super rare.) Super rare is far below 1%, too. Using your own 1,400,000 spins, you'd expect 56000 rares and 14000 super rares in the game by now.

If i had to make an educated guess I'd go with something like:

White = 60%

Yellow = 39.94%

Rare = 0.05%

Super rare = 0.01%

This leaves 70 rares and 14 super rares, which sounds about right from the number we've seen.

CNqWHdA.jpg