28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Saradomin_Mage

I get the feeling that super rare items are like 1/10,000. So after 10 years of 2 spins per day, you only have like a 50% chance of getting an item.

And that is depressing.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that super rare items are like 1/10,000. So after 10 years of 2 spins per day, you only have like a 50% chance of getting an item.

And that is depressing.

I've seen many times where the wheel is about to stop on something you want, then at the last second it clicks one more to give you rage-inducing garbage. I've seen 2-3 times where it does the same, only that last second click spins over to a nice prize, then there is another last second click out of nowhere, after a pause that lasts just long enough for me to start getting excited, that brings the rage again.

I understand they don't want to give us the rare items, but do they have to tease us like that?

35b9enp.jpg

And that is depressing.

I've seen many times where the wheel is about to stop on something you want, then at the last second it clicks one more to give you rage-inducing garbage. I've seen 2-3 times where it does the same, only that last second click spins over to a nice prize, then there is another last second click out of nowhere, after a pause that lasts just long enough for me to start getting excited, that brings the rage again.

I understand they don't want to give us the rare items, but do they have to tease us like that?

Not for nothing but hasn't it been stated and stated again by J-mods time and time again that the animation is just there to look at and serves no other purpose then that? It's in no way shape or form tied into if you'll receive an item or not .

"And with the first round rapture draft pick, God selects...... Macho Man Randy Savage ohhhh yeaaah brother!"

It's funny reading the posts of people who think the animation is genuine. You can assume that the rare/super rare portions of the circle total around 15degrees, which is equal to 4% of the total board. You do not have a 1 in 25 chance of winning that stuff and it's so ridiculous to think anything of the sort.

proud owner of bunny ears and scythe (rsc fo lyf)

muska007.png

Not for nothing but hasn't it been stated and stated again by J-mods time and time again that the animation is just there to look at and serves no other purpose then that? It's in no way shape or form tied into if you'll receive an item or not .

It does still tease players though. How many times have you had it about to land on something you want, only to drop down to 50gp (Or less) at the last second?

Sure, it's purely cosmetic, wouldn't have it any other way, but that doesn't mean that the goblin couldn't be replaced with a troll for added appropriateness. It's coincidental, but no less aggravating than if it wasn't. :razz:

I've stopped looking at the wheel/rewards when it spins. But that hasn't stopped me from getting excited over nothing. I got an addy crossbow as a reward and because I didn't recognize it right away (not the usual 50gp, lamp, etc.) I thought I got a godsword <_< /

icecube7.jpeg

So you click spin, and the server decides your going to get 50 coins.

The animation runs along the line of prizes, just for show, and stops on the grand prize, making you think the server decided you get to win that.

Then it switches to the 50 coins you were actually getting the whole time.

F*@#

35b9enp.jpg

The animation runs along the line of prizes, just for show, and stops on the grand prize, making you think the server decided you get to win that.

F*@#

It decides what you are going to get the second you push the button. (I'm pretty sure that's how it works)

F*@#

It decides what you are going to get the second you push the button. (I'm pretty sure that's how it works)

Ye, that's how it usually works (that's how you beat the wheel of monotony).

This morning, on my second spin I noticed that as I pressed the button, the small crafting lamp's outline flashed for a split-second. And indeed, that's what I got! Has anyone else noticed something like this? It may be a coincidence/graphical glitch/something else, but if not, it seems like we have a minor discovery here.

I would actually be really annoyed with coins/huge lamp reward :P, would much rather get something that could show off.

Well we dont all own an insane wealth beyond 5b+ (let alone 150m+). :rolleyes:

So far best I've had is a few small lamps, 10k and and a medium magic lamp.

33wxwrt.jpg

Well frankly, I kind of agree with 999. One can always make more money and skill more, but cosmetics that are rare are "worth more", even if they are intrinsically (?) worthless.

Then again, I have a fairly decent bank and will max sometime this year, so I'm a bit biased. :P Still, even as a noob, the 10m will be a godsend.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

I would actually be really annoyed with coins/huge lamp reward :P, would much rather get something that could show off.

And just what would you "show off"? Your dumb luck?

It is no different than "showing off" your wealth by buying trimmed armor. To be honest though, I'd be more impressed by someone who got the "Lucky Divine Spiritshield" than a trimmed completionist cape.

Trimmed completionist is by far more impressive than any lucky item... doing your SoF is nothing the massive effort required to get the cape.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

but they are hardly that rare or, well, exciting tbh, I would actually think "wow he has a lucky divine", and just ignore a trimmed comp cape.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I want a divine or ely for personal use, or 10m to go towards buying a divine or other gear. A lucky DFH would be kinda lame, but a lucky neiz helm (or indeed torva helm) would be epic because i get to use it for practical use while still showing off. I feel the same way about skill capes, they look pretty but I'm going to stick to the rhino cape for stats. (Comp cape being overpowered as it is was a brilliant idea, and a good incentive to max for combat junkies)

"but they are hardly that rare or, well, exciting tbh, I would actually think "wow he has a lucky divine", and just ignore a trimmed comp cape."

I'd be the same, but i wouldn't be impressed with the players ability to roll onto the lucky divine reward, while i would be impressed with the player that got a comp cape. (Impressed is probably not the word I'm looking for, lol.)

CNqWHdA.jpg

And just what would you "show off"? Your dumb luck?

It is no different than "showing off" your wealth by buying trimmed armor. To be honest though, I'd be more impressed by someone who got the "Lucky Divine Spiritshield" than a trimmed completionist cape.

What ever happened to inidividuals desiring items for their own merit; not taking into consideration what might impress others?

Food for thought.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85