28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Saradomin_Mage

Rune Platebody + Medium Lamp (any skill)

-> 50gp + 1 Bronze Arrow

-> Rune Platebody + Small Lamp (any skill)

Still no new cosmetic items, on any of my spins. How are my hopes supposed to be summarily crushed if these things never show up??

-> 3 Iron Ores + 50gp

Same thing as above, think it was ZGS/Arcane SS + Tassets/Arma skirt. Idk if anyone is trying to keep track though. I will record all shown big prizes if someone is...?

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---Storing untradebale pots in BoB's was more important than giving already high levels even more free money each day

This was a good update. Patch for BoB's was better, but still good.

---Reward was a ring that made DKS PVM significantly less worthwhile (One of the few bosses mid-levels can do with ease)

True, but content gets outdated all the time.

---Cape didn't work on Ice Fiends initially, yet more lack of oversight on Jagex's end

Glitches/Bugs happen, but they fixed it fairly quickly.

---Boss serves no purpose, no reward from killing, no reason to kill more than once

The other updates with tower far surpassed the addition of the boss anyways (longer lasting gloves, and shortened cutscenes, plus fixes to journal pages)

---Bots came back in force this month despite Jagex's claim that botbreaking would be a continuous effort; meanwhile framerate issues increase every week

When you have a solution to bots, let me know. (I agree that their PR is pretty self-serving, but its not like they can magically wave their wand and stop bots)

---Something other MMO's have had for almost a decade, and this one serves no real use in Runescape (so far)

UI that can be moved around is useful, and they could easily expand the possibility here. Don't forget that other games are based on much more complex display setups, and require downloading a lot more data.

---Aside from yet again breaking Jagex's promise of not having advertisements for P2P on F2P worlds

They've gone back and forth on this stance forever. Advertising in F2P allows them to potentially attract new players. Paying players leads to more cash flow which allows them to keep the game alive

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I know that members-only rewards are not supposed to expire if an F2P user gets them. Right now, I have a medium lamp that I can't claim. However, it's been over 24 hours since my last spin, and I don't see an option to spin again. Do I have to discard the current item before I could do so?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

I know that members-only rewards are not supposed to expire if an F2P user gets them. Right now, I have a medium lamp that I can't claim. However, it's been over 24 hours since my last spin, and I don't see an option to spin again. Do I have to discard the current item before I could do so?

Yes, you have to discard before spinning again.

I totally agree with the... *sigh*... "jagex apologist".

You people cry about every single change.

This month has been GREAT for runescape.

Potion flasks!

---Storing untradebale pots in BoB's was more important than giving already high levels even more free money each day

The "free money" is insignificant to the "high levels" you're complaining about, i think it's great crafting is recently getting an actual use. The BoB issue does need to be fixed, but Jagex don't do everything that you want them to do at once. Waaaaah!

TzHaar quest!

---Reward was a ring that made DKS PVM significantly less worthwhile (One of the few bosses mid-levels can do with ease)

New reward that makes older rewards from older bosses less significant. That's how updates work.

Fight kilns!

---Cape didn't work on Ice Fiends initially, yet more lack of oversight on Jagex's end

Small oversight that has since been fixed. You have to deliberately look for something to complain about to bring this up.

Dominion tower boss!

---Boss serves no purpose, no reward from killing, no reason to kill more than once

Fun. Remember what that is?

Still keeping the bots at bay! (Mostly)

---Bots came back in force this month despite Jagex's claim that botbreaking would be a continuous effort; meanwhile framerate issues increase every week

Some bots are literally impossible to stop due to their methods. They are being dealt with more seriously when caught, though. Tiny number VS before the nuke.

Movable objects in the GUI!

---Something other MMO's have had for almost a decade, and this one serves no real use in Runescape (so far)

It's a good update. The fact that it is a late update doesn't mean anything.

Mediocre mostly harmless wheel of fortune!

---Aside from yet again breaking Jagex's promise of not having advertisements for P2P on F2P worlds

Yes, it's primary goal is to convert F2P members to P2P. Know what else fits this category? All of P2P.

If you're not happy with the way the updates are going now, you're gonna have a pretty disappointing future ahead of you.

-- this game has had its ups and downs over the decade I have played it, but lately it has been going downhill more and more every month, all in the name of the all mighty dollar; and yes I will be very disappointed when the game I grew up playing is ran into the ground by greed

Runescape has never been this glorious game that all you nostalgia glasses wearing people seem to make out. It's always had flaws and it's always had people complaining (way too much) about those flaws. It's an outdated company trying to make money in a overly populated industry, that happen to be pretty stupid financially.

Although in all seriousness, the new bolts next month look like a great addition to the now comparatively weak ranged skill. Can't wait to see your complaints about those. :)

I can't wait!

Edited by Kimberly
Edited for appropriate content

CNqWHdA.jpg

[spoiler=text]

Potion flasks!

TzHaar quest!

Fight kilns!

Dominion tower boss!

If you're not happy with the way the updates are going now, you're gonna have a pretty disappointing future ahead of you.

-- this game has had its ups and downs over the decade I have played it, but lately it has been going downhill more and more every month, all in the name of the all mighty dollar; and yes I will be very disappointed when the game I grew up playing is ran into the ground by greed

Although in all seriousness, the new bolts next month look like a great addition to the now comparatively weak ranged skill. Can't wait to see your complaints about those. :)

You really can't appreciate anything can you.

Well not like you can, considering you are constantly limiting yourself with your stats like that.

You might want to quit if you hate the game so much.

Edited by Kimberly
Edited for appropriate content.

The balloons were fun!! and, non membs can seriously get the memb items but cant do anything with them? >.<'

Could aswell make the items lasting for a certain amount of time saying 'yes this weapon is this strong. become member if you wanna use it more often' =P

All i got so far is two rune items and 50 coins anyway

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I know you're trolling but a "lucky party hat" that's not tradeable isn't completely implausable

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The balloons were fun!! and, non membs can seriously get the memb items but cant do anything with them? >.<'

Could aswell make the items lasting for a certain amount of time saying 'yes this weapon is this strong. become member if you wanna use it more often' =P

All i got so far is two rune items and 50 coins anyway

No, f2p can't get members' items. If the spin lands on a members' item an f2per must subscribe to claim it or discard it to get another spin the next day. Otherwise it just sits there unclaimed and you can't spin again.

Radicap.png

Radicap.png

Oh well would be fair if they could atleast store them then still have to become a member to actually use them.

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Potion flasks!

TzHaar quest!

Fight kilns!

Dominion tower boss!

Please post evidence of me crying over every single change. That's what I thought. This update is terrible, problem?

Edited by Kimberly
Edited for appropriate content

Oh well would be fair if they could atleast store them then still have to become a member to actually use them.

If you have no intention of being a member when what does it matter if you get a rare lucky item? Just discard it. If you might want to be a member in future then just keep it stored until you do. As being being unable to spin until you discard to get members... well. You couldn't spin before Tuesday so what difference does it make?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

15-16-360-63600817

Obviously not very realistic*, but I haven't really seen anyone else trying to figure it out yet. :mellow: He's going by the wheel, and I swear I heard someone say it's impossible (or unlikely) from a technical standpoint for the wheel to have any actual meaning.

It would be nice to have some expectation of rare/super rare items yearly though...

2dgucz6.png

I thought the wheel was just there to be a visual thing?

Haven't you noticed how sometimes it's slow until it hits a red section then it skips straight passed it to a white?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Actually seems legitimate, although he's not really telling us anything we didn't already know.

EDIT

Yeah Drazhar. That's most likely the case. I just checked the FAQ on RSOF but they don't confirm it there...

2dgucz6.png

I know you're trolling but a "lucky party hat" that's not tradeable isn't completely implausable

I think "lucky party hat" would make a lot more sense than boss drops...

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Is like the rdt,

Commons are empty spots.

Uncommons are gems.

Rares are things like 100 runite ore, couple hundred coal.

Extremely Rare are things like 1000 runite ore, Vecna.

With similar rarity.

I have already seen a post on the RSOF from a J-Mod confirming that Discontinued Items are NOT a possibility on The 'Squeal of Fortune'. I would assume this also applies to "Lucky" Discontinued Items.

Don't have QFC for thread as I saw it on day of release and didn't save it for later use.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Med Lamp ~

Put it on my 114 Dungeoning level and it gave me 17,204 exp.

Not bad at all! :thumbup:

The is the same for every level above 98 (for small and med lamp), which doesn't really make much sense :/

howlin1eeveesig.png

I have already seen a post on the RSOF from a J-Mod confirming that Discontinued Items are NOT a possibility on The 'Squeal of Fortune'. I would assume this also applies to "Lucky" Discontinued Items.

Don't have QFC for thread as I saw it on day of release and didn't save it for later use.

Ye we know that, just saying discontinued items would actually make sense to use rather than boss drops, as discontinued items are just cosmetics to begin with.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Ye we know that, just saying discontinued items would actually make sense to use rather than boss drops, as discontinued items are just cosmetics to begin with.

Even something like a recolored golden scythe would make sense (Bronze scythe?). Still rare, looks different, but more than 25 people will (Potentially) be able to get it.