28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this, letting ppl have a chance of geting to use items that i feel are being horded by ppl that have gain money from boting/ merching/Rares (there is ofc those that have saved up for these items threw painful skilling/killing, just not as many as it should be, due to the price.) (witch i feel is a middle hand taking money from those doing the work.)

This game is becoming less and les money/lvl focused, I like it, ofc not removing the concept of lvling total, but simply making it easier/more fun, removing some of the awful need ppl feel for barging. :rolleyes: (this is my opinion, don't troll me about it. :P )

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

I like this, letting ppl have a chance of geting to use items that i feel are being horded by ppl that have gain money from boting/ merching/Rares (there is ofc those that have saved up for these items threw painful skilling/killing, just not as many as it should be, due to the price.) (witch i feel is a middle hand taking money from those doing the work.)

This game is becoming less and les money/lvl focused, I like it, ofc not removing the concept of lvling total, but simply making it easier/more fun, removing some of the awful need ppl feel for barging. :rolleyes: (this is my opinion, don't troll me about it. :P )

You think?

1 in how many get a good item.. and still they gotta hope it is not a tribal or something but really something usefull and then it has to be one of those people you described.

Chances are low, but the effect is charming. People having a chance to win are happier than people who don't.

And here every1 has a chance.

A lot of research went into this update I believe, because of marketing being more involved and game analasys and more.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

So many people crying for no reason. Its no different than any lottery system.

Minimal rewards with the hope of huge payouts, that in the end makes jagex more money with subscribers.

I see this as a great update.

Except in a lottery you have to put something into it, and the house always win. If Jagex charged, and gave out 90% of the winnings every other day or w/e, it would combat inflation and actually not just be free items.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Silly question, but will members items expire after some time?

For example, if I win a godsword while in F2P, can I claim it at a later date, or will the offer expire if I don't subscribe within a certain time?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

For example, if I win a godsword while in F2P, can I claim it at a later date, or will the offer expire if I don't subscribe within a certain time?

Unless they applied some special circumstances to these items (highly doubt it), you will always have the item and will be able to use it as soon as you get members. It won't ever disappear. For example, if you are a member and have loads of members items and then fall back to F2P, your members items will never disappear. They will always be available in your bank. You just can't use them until you get members.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Unless they applied some special circumstances to these items (highly doubt it), you will always have the item and will be able to use it as soon as you get members. It won't ever disappear. For example, if you are a member and have loads of members items and then fall back to F2P, your members items will never disappear. They will always be available in your bank. You just can't use them until you get members.

I think they might have meant items won in the lottery which are members only.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Yeah I know :P Although I did misunderstand the situation slightly. For some reason I thought you could claim members items you won, just not use them. But it looks like you can't even claim them until you get members? I didn't totally realize that and thought he meant he would claim a members item but wondered if it would disappear if he didn't get members.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Yeah I know :P Although I did misunderstand the situation slightly. For some reason I thought you could claim members items you won, just not use them. But it looks like you can't even claim them until you get members? I didn't totally realize that and thought he meant he would claim a members item but wondered if it would disappear if he didn't get members.

You have to subscribe to claim the item. (Huuuge dick move with obvious intentions of forcing subscriptions.) but if you do not claim it, it will be there the next day... BUT you can't take your next spins until you claim or discard it. So get stuck with one decent members item and you can't spin again unless you get members to claim it, or throw it away. (Would personally frustrate me with something like claws. Sure they're good, but i dunno if i wanna subscribe to get them, ely on the other hand is definitely gonna make me sub.

CNqWHdA.jpg

You have to subscribe to claim the item. (Huuuge dick move with obvious intentions of forcing subscriptions.) but if you do not claim it, it will be there the next day... BUT you can't take your next spins until you claim or discard it. So get stuck with one decent members item and you can't spin again unless you get members to claim it, or throw it away. (Would personally frustrate me with something like claws. Sure they're good, but i dunno if i wanna subscribe to get them, ely on the other hand is definitely gonna make me sub.

That is much better though, you can just leave the item lying there till you resubscribe. Considering how rare these items are, it isn't worth discarding for extra rolls.

This game is becoming less and les money/lvl focused, I like it, ofc not removing the concept of lvling total, but simply making it easier/more fun

Yet they removed effigies...

I think it's not even bad per sé to introduce untradeable variants of high-end gear. It's fun if you have to do something, but less, to gain that same benefit but not the bank value increase (like getting a fighter torso instead of a Bandos chestplate or farseer kite instead of arcane). It's just that right now, there is nothing there to promote skill, levels or commitment. This update is both extremely shallow and goes against the idea that good gear should be obtained further along in the game. The tiers of gear in the overworld are already pretty much nonexistent, but at least Torva requires a higher level to obtain (as drop) than Bandos. This update has no element like that.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

best of luck on todays roll's everyone!

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

There does seem to be a strategy behind where you hit stop and where it actually stops.

28-Feb-2012 17:19:21 Last edited on 28-Feb-2012 17:22:58 by Mod Jon H

Hi uno dos tres:

"Did anyone else observe that the button to stop the flashing light has a 10 second delay, therefore defeating its purpose... Or is that intentional, meaning you cannot have any effect on the reward you'll receive?"

The outcome is totally randomised - the player's action (timing) does not affect the reward that comes out. The animation is not actually connected to the outcome, it's just fun to watch Yelp get punched in the face.

-JH

Quick find code: 15-16-697-63596239

Oh. It must have just been luck that my two spins were somewhat relative to the outcome (same spot that I hit the button, one to the right). Thank you for clarifying.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

There does seem to be a strategy behind where you hit stop and where it actually stops.

28-Feb-2012 17:19:21 Last edited on 28-Feb-2012 17:22:58 by Mod Jon H

Hi uno dos tres:

"Did anyone else observe that the button to stop the flashing light has a 10 second delay, therefore defeating its purpose... Or is that intentional, meaning you cannot have any effect on the reward you'll receive?"

The outcome is totally randomised - the player's action (timing) does not affect the reward that comes out. The animation is not actually connected to the outcome, it's just fun to watch Yelp get punched in the face.

-JH

Quick find code: 15-16-697-63596239

Oh. It must have just been luck that my two spins were somewhat relative to the outcome (same spot that I hit the button, one to the right).

Was just thinking the same. 2 exact same spins. Clicked it on the same spot and it stopped on the same spot.

1,101.5 xp from small lamp at level 50 on F2P pure.

8,602.5 xp from small lamp at 99. :D

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Rune Platebody + Medium Lamp (any skill) -> 50gp + 1 Bronze Arrow

-> Rune Platebody + Small Lamp (any skill)

Still no new cosmetic items, on any of my spins. How are my hopes supposed to be summarily crushed if these things never show up??

2dgucz6.png

99 is 8,602.5 xp.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

2 Small laps each giving 8 325 exp @ 98. Not bad :)

I'm sorry but are you sure? I've heard at level 98 you get 8602xp.

Yeah i used it on Agility and my agility is 97, not 98 -.-

My bad.......