Funny Pictures!

Rainy_Day

Just a reminder that the forum censor applies to all pictures as well. If you have something really funny but it has censored words in it, then please run it through paint or photoshop and blank it out as needed. Posting a picture with censored words is considered censor evasion, and can result in edited posts, removed posts with warnings, etc.

Just a reminder that the forum censor applies to all pictures as well. If you have something really funny but it has censored words in it, then please run it through paint or photoshop and blank it out as needed. Posting a picture with censored words is considered censor evasion, and can result in edited posts, removed posts with warnings, etc.

Can we just use hide tags?

Got this off reddit yesterday

img0191bvp.jpg

yDnhp.jpg

dicyj.jpg

[spoiler=Big Pictures]wZcLu.jpg

zpUWG.jpg

auF5G.png

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Nope. What's happening is that the rule does not apply equally to all images, and its been pointed out that this can cause a lot of confusion.

The first category of pictures are RS screenshots, which provided they are put in hide tags with a warning, are allowed to contain language normally censored here, provided it is not excessive or offensive.

The second category is everything else, ie this thread as opposed to the RS screenshot thread, where language in pictures is considered to be subject to our language filter, which means that if it is posted here, profanity is censor evasion.

So right now we are asking you guys to be mindful of what your posting, and to edit the pictures as needed.

What constitutes funny? What separates a funny picture from a picture that is deemed unacceptable?

Common sense.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

WARLn.jpg

jiop5c.jpg

I mean to be fair, Zeppelin ripped off a lot of their lyrical ideas from Tolkien.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

What constitutes funny? What separates a funny picture from a picture that is deemed unacceptable?

Common sense.

If I appreciate dark humour, I would consider that funny. If a majority finds it funny, does it make it acceptable? If a minority find it offensive, does it make it unacceptable? If so, would it be based on how badly people felt about it, or would it be based on how reasonable taking offense to it actually is?

'Common sense' is an ill-contrived notion - it's not as common as suggested, and allows for ambiguity and confusion. It's better to know exact boundaries to be clear of them, so the posts won't be limited to a small range, but be completely within the rules. I ask because I consider this important, but it seems that I get snippy responses instead of anything meaningful. Is it really that difficult to make a brief explanation, as opposed to posting a sarcastic remark?

I personally enjoy c&h strips, and xkcd. I enjoy some fatpita, imageur, and failblog too. I don't want to limit everything to mediocre images that fail to evoke laughter due to the overly stringent rules. That's why I ask for clarification. Is it that hard to compose a meaningful answer?

I consider this funny, but is it?

image%20(11139).jpg?9802

Funny? Yes. Offensive? Slightly. If it makes you laugh and probably wouldn't offend others, then it should be okay to post.

If I appreciate dark humour, I would consider that funny. If a majority finds it funny, does it make it acceptable? If a minority find it offensive, does it make it unacceptable? If so, would it be based on how badly people felt about it, or would it be based on how reasonable taking offense to it actually is?

'Common sense' is an ill-contrived notion - it's not as common as suggested, and allows for ambiguity and confusion. It's better to know exact boundaries to be clear of them, so the posts won't be limited to a small range, but be completely within the rules. I ask because I consider this important, but it seems that I get snippy responses instead of anything meaningful. Is it really that difficult to make a brief explanation, as opposed to posting a sarcastic remark?

I personally enjoy c&h strips, and xkcd. I enjoy some fatpita, imageur, and failblog too. I don't want to limit everything to mediocre images that fail to evoke laughter due to the overly stringent rules. That's why I ask for clarification. Is it that hard to compose a meaningful answer?

I consider this funny, but is it?

How about when you find a picture, you use your mind and think 'well would this be acceptable to post on the Tip.It forums?' and if the answer is yes you go right ahead and post it and if it's no then don't post it. You've been here four years, surely you would have at least the vaguest notion of what is alright and what isn't? And if it isn't acceptable, somebody will see the post, report it and the picture will get removed and somebody will go 'hey not cool'. And you will be able to update your database.

Unless this post was supposed to be some meta thing where the text is actually the funny part, because if so congratulations it made me laugh.

f0FUj.jpg

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

My idea of appropriateness may not reflect that of Tip.it. I enjoy controversy, but that may be depicted as inappropriate. It's difficult to determine appropriateness in this specific thread because it deviates from standard 'acceptable' OT behaviour. To say 'Do you think that it's acceptable? If yes, then...' doesn't help me, because that doesn't answer the question: what does acceptability mean, and what are the boundaries? It seems pedantic, but reductionism is useful to define these vague notions into something more practical. It lacks practicality right now.

Your trial and error theory is a risky one. It could take a single post of an inappropriate image before I receive a ban/warning. I don't consider that a wise decision.

I'm glad the post made you laugh, but does it make our responses... appropriate?

Here's something relevant:

ZER4r.png

Just use common sense. It's not that hard. You don't need to analyze everything. I don't know how old you are but I would imagine that you should have a good grasp on what's appropriate and what isn't.

This thread is for funny pictures, not debating what is considered funny or not. If you can't accept the notation of common sense, use a dictionaries definition while keeping within forum rules and a good rule of thumb, if you have to question it, it's better you don't post it.

tFtfA.jpg

Nope. What's happening is that the rule does not apply equally to all images, and its been pointed out that this can cause a lot of confusion.

The first category of pictures are RS screenshots, which provided they are put in hide tags with a warning, are allowed to contain language normally censored here, provided it is not excessive or offensive.

The second category is everything else, ie this thread as opposed to the RS screenshot thread, where language in pictures is considered to be subject to our language filter, which means that if it is posted here, profanity is censor evasion.

So right now we are asking you guys to be mindful of what your posting, and to edit the pictures as needed.

That makes no sense. You're saying the RS community can handle profanity, but we can't?

[spoiler=Semi-big image]level-80-sexgod-to-level-1-noob.jpg

A funny picture that's just never made it off my laptop. I don't even remember where I first found it but its served as an inspirational over time.

I don't get it.

Anyway, something to tide this post over:

[hide]manre.png[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.