20-Mar-2012 - Bakriminel Bolts

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see these bolts perhaps having a niche use in PvM stuff for the likes of one off challenges eg fight caves or fight kiln

The bolts aren't returned by avas and you can't pick them up anyway. They will have no niche in pvm except for Zaros phase at Nex, and no one will use them for anything else unless they like wasting money.

perhaps as a default questing ammo since quest bosses often do weird things with various specials and its hard to predict what bolts to take.

Love your optimism, but nope.

The bolts are +125. But dragonstone is cheaper and you can pick them up. AND have an effect.

I could see these bolts perhaps having a niche use in PvM stuff for the likes of one off challenges eg fight caves or fight kiln or perhaps as a default questing ammo since quest bosses often do weird things with various specials and its hard to predict what bolts to take.

Is their ranged strength higher than all previous bolts? I'm too lazy to look it up but I feel like it might be.

They're 125 range strength, dragonstone is 117 and onyx is 120. Both of those can hit higher due to their special effect, though.

CNqWHdA.jpg

They're bad for PvM and bad for PvP. The only bolt special that is decent is the head shot one, but since most mages wear a melee helm, you're better off using dragon (e) bolts or something...

A big disappointment really. The body shot effect is laughable as well.

Just make the bolts work like the hexhunter bow does. How difficult can it be? >.>

That the bolts can't be picked up is not bad, provided they are cheap enough per shot. It'd make it easier to safespot with them and you could use TokHaar instead of alerter at Nex, which saves a switch and some defence/prayer. The lack of good dps is more worrying.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

That the bolts can't be picked up is not bad, provided they are cheap enough per shot. It'd make it easier to safespot with them and you could use TokHaar instead of alerter at Nex, which saves a switch and some defence/prayer. The lack of good dps is more worrying.

You could do the same thing with any bolts, and still end up spending less for most of them.

They won't be cheap enough per shot. Non-wildy trees barely give you any, and since you can't recycle them huge amounts will leave the market.

crossed_body.png

The fact that those trees have a respawn rate of six hours and most people seem to be getting 2 - 3 logs per tree on average, I can't see the bolts going for less than 3k gp per shot for a while.

I was hoping these new bolts work against NPC's similar to the Hexhunter bow! That would be wicked against magical monsters like the TokHaar-Ket-Zek's in Fight Kiln and Fight Caves, perhaps even Jad, Har-Aken, and let's not forget Nex...

But since their special effect is strictly PvP, it seriously limits my potential applications because I don't PK. I bet we'll see lots of complaining PK'ers though. Since it hurts unarmored enemies as well as magers, I forsee this wrecking potential rushers, 3-itemers, etc. who might now need to start wearing decent armor.

Bronze fully protects you from these special effects, as does Dhide... Just to name an example

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Haven't seen anyone else post this info yet so thought I'd put it up.

All of the trees are instanced to you i.e. they basically work like trees in farming patches, only you can see your tree.

Logs give 320exp per which is low considering how few you get per tree.

Sylpheed.png

The concept is good...but the way they implemented it...

Body shot is laughable. 1 hitpoint per second? Seriously? Even if you get the effect to stack up to 5, that would be....300 damage.(Even less because there will be some time passing between hits) Wooow. And that's spread over the time of a whole minute?

Leg shot is a bit better, but I think bolas should do the job in most cases(I'm no Pker though, so maybe wrong on this one)

The head shot is the only good one and yeah...it's easily negated without really big penalties.

New suspected Elite Morytania task:

Cut down a bloodwood tree in Darkmeyer and fletch some Bakriminel bolts.

Better start getting that fletching requirement now....

Oh, and I just had a great idea to make Bakriminel bolts less shitty! Their max hit should be increased by the target's magic attack bonus! Pretty simple, and not terribly overpowered.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

wawap.png

Seriously what, they couldn't have done this for the rest of the overworld? Lol.

This.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

wawap.png

Seriously what, they couldn't have done this for the rest of the overworld? Lol.

This.

Yeah, this would definitely make sense. However, I do like the idea of targeting body parts and doing effects based on the armor worn. Perhaps the chance of the effect activating would be based off of the targeted armor's range defence bonus? Hell, there should be more weapons like that. It would make for some interesting PvP metagaming.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Haven't seen anyone else post this info yet so thought I'd put it up.

All of the trees are instanced to you i.e. they basically work like trees in farming patches, only you can see your tree.

Logs give 320exp per which is low considering how few you get per tree.

Thanks for that, don't have the levels so didn't really go hunting them, assumed they were shared between everyone and it would be pointless to even look on day one. At least this makes them a daily with guaranteed bolts, at the very least.

I'm guessing they're going to hover around the same price as rune bolts. They're powerful, but they don't actually have enough KO power to be used for pking (unless you specifically aim for people in mage gear, good luck with that.) so they shouldn't rise above dragonstone or onyx bolts. Also, you don't get them back, to justify the similar to rune price.

CNqWHdA.jpg

To improve these, have a separate special for PVM and PVP:

Headshot:

PvP: Keep the effects the same, but base the proc rate off 1/4 the opponent's magic attack bonus. Therefore, if s/he has 120, you'll have a 40% proc rate with each shot.

PvM: Each shot has a 1 in 5 chance to deal double the damage it would have normally dealt for that hit. Against enemies that are spellcasters, the procrate is doubled. However, due to the small size of your target, your attacks are 10% less accurate.

Bodyshot:

PvP: Lower the proc rates to 1/6 but increase the bleeding from 1 hp every second to 10 hp per second, and raise the cap to 500 hp over the course of a minute. In addition, each stack of DOTS reduces the rate at which your target's special attack bar recharges by 10%, so with a full stack it would recharge at half speed.

PvM: Your shots fly true-- your attacks deal whatever you would have hit + (ranged level*1.5). Therefore with an extreme ranged potion, every attack that is not a 0-miss hits for at least 180.

Legshot:

PvP: Each shot has a 1 in 4 chance to bind the opponent in place for 10 seconds.

PvM: Each shot has a 1 in 6 chance to slow your opponent's melee attack speed by two tics (1.2s) for ten seconds.

td2sig.jpg

woot Jagex adding dots. good idea IMO!

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Pros:

-Combo skill: Never a bad thing, need more of these.

-INSTANCED DEAD TREES!!!: That's got to be the best part of this update. This has been suggested for the runite rocks for the longest time (obviously with longer respawn rates).

-Must be fletched on site: Some see this as a negative, but I like this as they're legitimately risking stackable items which runite farmers don't seem to do.

-More trees with more quests

-Aimed shots is a nice idea.

Cons:

-Head shot easily countered. As others said, use the exception in Castle Wars all over.

-Little benefit for PvM. Some good ideas up above on how to change that.

It's definately a small update, but given that these are instanced resources, we should be see lots of bolts come into the game.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Pros:

-INSTANCED DEAD TREES!!!: That's got to be the best part of this update. This has been suggested for the runite rocks for the longest time (obviously with longer respawn rates).

-Must be fletched on site: Some see this as a negative, but I like this as they're legitimately risking stackable items which runite farmers don't seem to do.

Cons:

-Head shot easily countered. As others said, use the exception in Castle Wars all over.

It's definately a small update, but given that these are instanced resources, we should be see lots of bolts come into the game.

Really low output from the tree, which has a long respawn rate.. Kinda kills it. Making them near the tree is completely useless..I got an extra log and couldnt use cuz i didnt bring enough tips.... why do we need to fletch it near the tree?

I can't believe this was a whole update.... =\

35b9enp.jpg

Just tried to chop the trees again. Got one log from the Soul Wars tree, two from the Ritual site and two from the Darkmeyer tree. Didn't even bother doing the wilderness ones.

The bleeding effect from the body shot doesn't even damage you every second. It damages you at scimitar speed (or every 2.4 seconds), haha

Pros:

Cons:

Really low output from the tree, which has a long respawn rate.. Kinda kills it. Making them near the tree is completely useless..I got an extra log and couldnt use cuz i didnt bring enough tips.... why do we need to fletch it near the tree?

I can't believe this was a whole update.... =\

Seems like very little thought went into this one. The creation mechanic is ridiculous and the abilities of the bolts are way underpowered, even for the PKer crowd they were designed for.

td2sig.jpg