See the Future...

miner2006

Eh, Jagex should know by now that players over-hype everything. Granted, Jagex didn't exactly help very much by putting a timer on it a freaking week in advance.

Would have been a really nice surprise if it was unannounced. Agreed, 999.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll just be a mini-GE in both Catherby and Ardy, Jagex have said a few times they'd like more than one Grand Exchange access point.

Quoting this now because you always say what the update will be and, as usual, are wrong.

How 'bout those mini Grand Exchanges then...

I never said that's what it'd be lol, besides, I hardly play any more and have no idea what's going on in the realm of RuneScape any more.

It'll just be a mini-GE in both Catherby and Ardy, Jagex have said a few times they'd like more than one Grand Exchange access point.

Quoting this now because you always say what the update will be and, as usual, are wrong.

I never said that's what it'd be lol, besides, I hardly play any more and have no idea what's going on in the realm of RuneScape any more.

It'll just be a

It will just be a

It will just be a

That's exactly what you said, it's there in black and white for all to see.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It'll just be a

It will just be a

It will just be a

That's exactly what you said, it's there in black and white for all to see.

Fair enough, what I typed and what I meant are completely different things, that's my fault, I should have put something like this;

It'll probably be or I think it could be.

As I said, my fault.

Oh, but as for the mini-GE's, they're coming at some point.

It's a possibility, but not something Jagex has 'wanted for ages'; the most recent Content team QA they were mentioned and the answer was basically ' we are not opposed to the idea and if enough people ask we'll probably do it'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's a possibility, but not something Jagex has 'wanted for ages'; the most recent Content team QA they were mentioned and the answer was basically ' we are not opposed to the idea and if enough people ask we'll probably do it'

Ah, I guess the content team change their ideas very quickly. I was under the impression they wanted basically 1 GE clerk at every bank.

While the teaser wasn't what I expected, I think it was a good way to show off a little of runespan. I liked seeing what some of the creatures looked like, and how the wizards changed the rift got me to thinking about how the game will work. Though if they actually manage to release it this week I'll be amazed.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

I think it would have been fine/good if they had not put a timer on it and hyped it up so much.

They hyped it less than they did citadels (Which had giant rocks falling from the sky and the entire cryptic cluefest). Here we just had a timer, which we the community attributed to any number of enormous, game-changing updates. We were then disappointed when it wasn't one of those, and are blaming Jagex for the fact that we assumed we were getting RS3 or that Transformers MMO.

We really can't be surprised that they're hyping the first big update of the year.

The other teasers they've had in-game have been at random times, which led to several players complaining about missing out on them.

This time they gave everyone a chance to see it first hand, and scheduled it to a multi-timezone friendly timeslot. The countdown gave us an opportunity to decide if we wanted to play on that exact time of the weekend and be in the right location at the time. Somehow that backfired too.

I am thankful for not being on JaGex' development team. Damned if you do...

(Edited for grammar)

Edited by Laikrob

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

The other teasers they've had in-game have been at random times, which led to several players complaining about missing out on them.

This time they gave everyone a chance to see it first hand, and scheduled it to a multi-timezone friendly timeslot. The countdown gave us an opportunity to decide if we wanted to play on that exact time of the weekend and be in the right location at the time. Somehow that backfired too.

I am thankful for not being on JaGex' development team. Damned if you do...

(Edited for grammar)

I think the backfire here is what the teaser was for.

The falling rocks and strange power we had no idea what they were for, even after relevant BTS came out we were still in the dark largely until the update occurred.

Whilst everyone, mostly, got to see this if they wanted too it felt like a let down as its for an update due next week; that we already know a lot about due to BTS, dev blog & 9+ teaser pics already released.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

@several of the above replies: my thoughts form a few posts ago exactly :D

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Yea, I doubt it'll be anything big on a Saturday. It'll be an announcement, because if Jagex loves anything it is announcing a countdown leading to the announcement of an announcement.

I love how this was right

Well, that was disappointing. :|

Your fault for having any expectations. Not to sound like a complete pessimist but this is actually a GOOD update, since it didn't nerf anything and it didnt come with a price tag of "$9.99 at our new cash shop"

You do realize you essentially just defined a good update as one that doesn't actually change anything.

From where I stand, I could care less about the event. I actually think its kind of neat that Jagex might start showcasing their updates before they are released (though I also generally hate teasers so I am a bit torn).

On the other hand, I am pretty much cynic gone wild in regard to Jagex now, which means I have to assume they have some ulterior motive for this (I have lost my ability to believe that they can do things for fun anymore. The pee-hats will probably be the last update I will ever be able to see that way). I also think its a waste of time to do this sort of thing when it has no impact on the game (cool as it is).

It's finally happening isn't it? :ohnoes:

I've become one of those people who complains about Jagex for the sake of it :razz: Ah well, its kind of fun. I can see why so many people do this lol.

Someone slap me... :oops:

*slaps Randox*

I'm rather excited for Runespan. Hoping it doesn't bomb like FPF

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Your fault for having any expectations. Not to sound like a complete pessimist but this is actually a GOOD update, since it didn't nerf anything and it didnt come with a price tag of "$9.99 at our new cash shop"

Because the OBVIOUS conclusion to draw from your statement is that expectations are BAD.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Im surprised that no one has any thoughts of what the new staves and wicked robes might be like or do. I got curious about the staves and thought about the talisman staves from GoP and thought about how it might be nice to have imbued staves that when wielded they act as a limited supply of a certain talisman when you are combining runes or boost the rune production multiplier for so many essence.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Because the OBVIOUS conclusion to draw from your statement is that expectations are BAD.

Precisly. I was expecting some kind of demonstration of something we didn't already know so much about already...Even though I did understand that it most probably was Runespan when those "News: Wizards have found a rift" messages started to appear. I think it was wrong to hype it so much.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak