03/05/12 - System Update - FPS Fix!

Dexek

I'm gonna sound like an idiot when I post this. But can you guys explain how you are able to tell what your FPS is?

"displayfps" into developers console

open the developer console with the ~ key and enter displayfps, like ambler said.

QFT. ;)

I'm normally 30fps, will be interesting too see how much of an improvement this gives :-k

My game is actually running smoother. I get anywhere between 27 - 37. Mostly in the the 35 range. And it keeps going up. :thumbsup:\:D/

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible, could this be... An update no one is whining about?!

Brilliant!

Bot nuke is a bit too soon. Price still havent settle and here we go another inflation.

3ab.jpg

Really loving this fix though. No more choppiness, everything's so smooth, yada yada. :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

No teleport lag as far as I can tell on my end, but bloom is a bit hard on my eyes. Otherwise, max details yay! :thumbsup:

[hide]

Is it possible, could this be... An update no one is whining about?!

Brilliant!

Bot nuke is a bit too soon. Price still havent settle and here we go another inflation.

3ab.jpg

[/hide]

Really loving this fix though. No more choppiness, everything's so smooth, yada yada. :)

ohyoudogt.jpg

This update has been a complete joy to my computer, it's basically back to how I remember it before the bot nuke. Kudos to the graphics engine team and whoever else optimised the code so well.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Edgeville was 1-7 fps before. It's not 30-40 fps.

Most other areas = 50 fps.

I knew my laptop was more powerful than rs was making it out to be. <3:

More updates like this and less of that SoF bs.

Seeing as how the FPS update was so popular we decided to make some changes. Starting now, you can add an extra dollar onto every month's membership you purchase. For each dollar added, one more FPS will be added onto your game experience.

In other news:

All players will now have a default max of 5 fps

-Jagex

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

Seeing as how the FPS update was so popular we decided to make some changes. Starting now, you can add an extra dollar onto every month's membership you purchase. For each dollar added, one more FPS will be added onto your game experience.

In other news:

-Jagex

Fuuuuuuuuuu.

In other news:

-Jagex

Higher fps will be rewardable as SOF rewards.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Meh. Was all excited hoping that I'd be back to ~40 fps but it's still not back to what it was. I'm hoping this isn't the end of the engine improvements.

I don't have as much FPS as I'd like, but at least the game is playable now. Oh hai SoF.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I was over the moon last night when I logged in and could actually play properly. I had 5-10 FPS anywhere in RuneScape, even on the lowest settings. Now I can have 30+, on full HD.. I can't even remember the last time I could do that.. :D

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Well few days or something and I can say I am running how I used to before the nuke with only a slight decrease in performance. Im still running everything maxed and such so im quite happy as it is.

Certain teleporting still lags me though. Random events and such. Im sure there probably other issues. I havnt gone to dung to see if the glitches there are fixed or not. (Animations used to be hugely delayed last time I went.)

Logging in seems to be slightly smoother too. I havnt noticed getting 'stuck' yet. Maybe havnt done it enough times for it to happen though. Before I used to occasionally get stuck during the loading and have to refresh it. Does seem to load quicker.

So before my frame rates were about 0-15 with all settings off. Now they 30-50 max settings with AA and everything. That said.. It lags more than modern games do at high settings.

I was over the moon last night when I logged in and could actually play properly. I had 5-10 FPS anywhere in RuneScape, even on the lowest settings. Now I can have 30+, on full HD.. I can't even remember the last time I could do that.. :D

Before Bot Nuke? :P

The game runs flawless to me (50 fps on max settings + fullscreen, anywhere), except for one tiny thing. Once in a while (2-3 times per session) the client gets stuck for a few seconds and the game freezes (showing "does not respond" on the client if you look at the task manager), this could happen maybe once a week before fps fix update, but after it has gotten way more common. Am I the only one with this issue? Don't really wanna boss till they fix this tbh lol... It's sorta like if the game was about to crash, but it doesn't and gets back.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Yay, before my Pentium 4 machine was doing around 5 fps, but now it is running at around 25 fps. This is great!

My new computer was running 50 fps even before this update, so I hooked up my old computer to just see effects. Looks pretty good.

Tsukaji.png

With this fix came this update, to enable bloom and AA on DirectX

Ooh nice, I should probably change to DirectX for better water effects, then!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Fwd70.png

Is the resizing of these new? Because that's getting to the point where it's hard for a real human to tell what it is.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Fwd70.png

Is the resizing of these new? Because that's getting to the point where it's hard for a real human to tell what it is.

I had a Gravedigger random a few weeks ago and it wasn't that small. :blink:

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

I had a Gravedigger random a few weeks ago and it wasn't that small. :blink:

Each one was a different size for me

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

My game just crashed, for the first time since prior to the FPS fix. My hopes have been dashed.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The Fps fix has added a few frames for me but, has came with a few graphical errors. Such as chatheads blurred or patchy and monsters being patchy as well.

Came online for this update, holy balls, the framerate, its smoother then ever before!, almost as smooth as it was back in 2006-2007!

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011