03/05/12 - System Update - FPS Fix!

Dexek

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately one hour's time. This will be to fix some graphical issues, and to relabel and add another Dungeoneering world.

Mod Easty

This is the first big step to the FPS fix. Myself as well as many others are now sitting on maxed 50 FPS. If anyone would like to share how happy they are, or comment on how long the fix took, feel free to do so.

Also, please mention whether or not you've noticed a difference in your FPS rates. :thumbup:

The dungeoneering labels are now as follows:

W32 Dungeoneering: Levels 1-80

W77 Dungeoneering: Levels 100-120

W117 Dungeoneering: Levels 80-100

Performance Improvement Update

10 hours ago

Today sees the release of a significant performance improvement update to RuneScape which will improve frame rate and the general game play experience, which has been an issue for some players recently.

Performance

As many of you will be aware, some our previous anti-bot initiatives caused an adverse affect on the frame rate and performance of the game. The Game Engine Team has been working very hard on solutions to this and the update should bring significant increases in overall playability for the vast majority of those affected, noticeably more so on lower-spec computers.

Bots

As part of our ongoing effort to combat bots, this update also contains additional adjustments to the engine which will significantly disrupt bots.

Future Updates

These changes are only part of our ongoing efforts to continually improve the performance of the game, as well as to combat bots, and we have further updates in these areas planned for the next few months.

At times we may go a little quiet in these areas - this is because it’s often hard to share details of what we’re working on without giving bot makers information that they can use to their advantage. Rest assured, though, that we understand how these issues affect how you play and enjoy the game, so solving them is of paramount importance to us.

The RuneScape Team

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your dial up has nothing to do with your FPS. Only your CPU, GPU and memory affect it.

On topic, I had steady 50 FPS before, and I still do. No change for me, but I'm happy if other people's FPS is getting better.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

:thumbsup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Internet speed has nothing at all to do with FPS. As mentioned above it is your GPU (Graphics Card) CPU (Processor) And your RAM (Memory)

FPS Is frames per second, Calculating how many.. Frames per second are being processed..

Back on topic.. I went from 15 FPS To 45.

Bork_Is_Fat.png

Bork_Is_Fat.png

Performance Improvement Update

10 hours ago

Today sees the release of a significant performance improvement update to RuneScape which will improve frame rate and the general game play experience, which has been an issue for some players recently.

Performance

As many of you will be aware, some our previous anti-bot initiatives caused an adverse affect on the frame rate and performance of the game. The Game Engine Team has been working very hard on solutions to this and the update should bring significant increases in overall playability for the vast majority of those affected, noticeably more so on lower-spec computers.

Bots

As part of our ongoing effort to combat bots, this update also contains additional adjustments to the engine which will significantly disrupt bots.

Future Updates

These changes are only part of our ongoing efforts to continually improve the performance of the game, as well as to combat bots, and we have further updates in these areas planned for the next few months.

At times we may go a little quiet in these areas - this is because its often hard to share details of what were working on without giving bot makers information that they can use to their advantage. Rest assured, though, that we understand how these issues affect how you play and enjoy the game, so solving them is of paramount importance to us.

The RuneScape Team

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

This seems great. Let's hope at least some of those bots disappear now!

I haven't had much troubles with FPS before, but sometimes in places with a lot of people it have become quite laggy. I have tested going to the GE and the LRC on W84 already, and it works just as if there was pretty much none there except myself. So with this update Jagex succeeded anyway. Great work!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

So Jagex has taken a low key approach to bots this time, just as they tell their players with report abuse. Hmm.

Meanwhile my fps seems to be up to 30 in a completely empty world and around 15 in world 1. That's a slight improvement over about 20/10 before. But I do get 50 fps in the lobby.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Shouldn't affect me too much, my FPS was never THAT bad unless I went maxed settings with AA/Bloom.

Happy for the many players it will benefit though.

I should be able to run max settings at 50 fps, but I've only been getting above 10 in fixed mode and min detail.

Let's hope this update changes things.

After a bit of testing, this stuff really worked.

Constant 50 fps in most places instead of normal 30. Haven't tried busy areas yet.

I don't know whether I'm happy or sad right now. I desperately want the FPS rate to be fixed as I often find myself hovering around 6-10 down from ~40 but on the otherhand I was using the pitiful fps rates as an escuse not to attempt Jad :P

Looking forward to trying it out this evening... while still staying in the RuneSpan of course ;)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I wonder if this is Optimus.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Is it possible, could this be... An update no one is whining about?!

Brilliant!

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I wonder if this is Optimus.

It's just the beginnings. Most bots are online atm, only ones I haven't seen yet are green dragon ones, but it can take time for them to log on. As mentioned, we probably won't see the impact of a large anti-bot update for a month or two.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

According to Jacmob Optimus isnt just a single bot nuke (like clusterflutterer) but a platform for quickly distributing constant nukes. Perhaps Optimus has now been deployed but the nukes have yet to fire?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Appears to help me a bit in more dense areas where my fps would drop 10-15. But I know a few friends that had horrible fps since the nuke, so this should be a welcome re-leaf for them :P

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

I consider Darkmeyer and Burthope to be the benchmarks because they are the most graphically demanding (and also the most poorly optimised). In Darkmeyer I was up from 10+ FPS on min to 25-30 on all max settings, and from 15+ FPS on max to 50 FPS in Burthope, also at max settings.

I'm impressed, although this update was long overdue, and rather smart of them to release this after a controversial update to an already controversial update.

FPS on my mac seems to be worse now ='[

But then it could just be it needs a restart cause it's being sluggish in general today.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So now I can actually rotate my camera without suffering deathly lag and run around areas like Edgeville without wanting to cringe at the thought of a whitescreen. Now I might actually do some things again since I won't suffer so much for it.