Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

03/05/12 - System Update - FPS Fix!

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dexek

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately one hour's time. This will be to fix some graphical issues, and to relabel and add another Dungeoneering world.

Mod Easty

This is the first big step to the FPS fix. Myself as well as many others are now sitting on maxed 50 FPS. If anyone would like to share how happy they are, or comment on how long the fix took, feel free to do so.

Also, please mention whether or not you've noticed a difference in your FPS rates. :thumbup:

The dungeoneering labels are now as follows:

W32 Dungeoneering: Levels 1-80
W77 Dungeoneering: Levels 100-120
W117 Dungeoneering: Levels 80-100

Performance Improvement Update

10 hours ago

Today sees the release of a significant performance improvement update to RuneScape which will improve frame rate and the general game play experience, which has been an issue for some players recently.

Performance

As many of you will be aware, some our previous anti-bot initiatives caused an adverse affect on the frame rate and performance of the game. The Game Engine Team has been working very hard on solutions to this and the update should bring significant increases in overall playability for the vast majority of those affected, noticeably more so on lower-spec computers.

Bots

As part of our ongoing effort to combat bots, this update also contains additional adjustments to the engine which will significantly disrupt bots.

Future Updates

These changes are only part of our ongoing efforts to continually improve the performance of the game, as well as to combat bots, and we have further updates in these areas planned for the next few months.

At times we may go a little quiet in these areas - this is because it’s often hard to share details of what we’re working on without giving bot makers information that they can use to their advantage. Rest assured, though, that we understand how these issues affect how you play and enjoy the game, so solving them is of paramount importance to us.

The RuneScape Team

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
Your dial up has nothing to do with your FPS. Only your CPU, GPU and memory affect it.

On topic, I had steady 50 FPS before, and I still do. No change for me, but I'm happy if other people's FPS is getting better.
Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

Ambler
[ Display Name History ]

Ambler

Black Knight Trainer

• Monster Hunting Team
  • 3,453 posts
  • RSN:Ambler3
  • RSN2:Joe Tiko
  • Clan:EoE.... Sometimes.
:thumbsup:

Posted Image
^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^
My livestream- Currently: Offline :(
Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

Lewtations

Scotticus
[ Display Name History ]

Scotticus

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 39 posts
Internet speed has nothing at all to do with FPS. As mentioned above it is your GPU (Graphics Card) CPU (Processor) And your RAM (Memory)

FPS Is frames per second, Calculating how many.. Frames per second are being processed..

Back on topic.. I went from 15 FPS To 45.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
Performance Improvement Update

10 hours ago

Today sees the release of a significant performance improvement update to RuneScape which will improve frame rate and the general game play experience, which has been an issue for some players recently.

Performance

As many of you will be aware, some our previous anti-bot initiatives caused an adverse affect on the frame rate and performance of the game. The Game Engine Team has been working very hard on solutions to this and the update should bring significant increases in overall playability for the vast majority of those affected, noticeably more so on lower-spec computers.

Bots

As part of our ongoing effort to combat bots, this update also contains additional adjustments to the engine which will significantly disrupt bots.

Future Updates

These changes are only part of our ongoing efforts to continually improve the performance of the game, as well as to combat bots, and we have further updates in these areas planned for the next few months.

At times we may go a little quiet in these areas - this is because it’s often hard to share details of what we’re working on without giving bot makers information that they can use to their advantage. Rest assured, though, that we understand how these issues affect how you play and enjoy the game, so solving them is of paramount importance to us.

The RuneScape Team
Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD
MAD MAY IS INDEED MAD.
WHY U MAD THO?

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
This seems great. Let's hope at least some of those bots disappear now!
I haven't had much troubles with FPS before, but sometimes in places with a lot of people it have become quite laggy. I have tested going to the GE and the LRC on W84 already, and it works just as if there was pretty much none there except myself. So with this update Jagex succeeded anyway. Great work!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox
I've gone from spending the majority of my time at 5- 7 FPS to now spending the majority of my time at at 50 - 51.
I like :D

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
So Jagex has taken a low key approach to bots this time, just as they tell their players with report abuse. Hmm.
Meanwhile my fps seems to be up to 30 in a completely empty world and around 15 in world 1. That's a slight improvement over about 20/10 before. But I do get 50 fps in the lobby.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Mylez
[ Display Name History ]

Mylez

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,743 posts
  • RSN:Dyze
Shouldn't affect me too much, my FPS was never THAT bad unless I went maxed settings with AA/Bloom.

Happy for the many players it will benefit though.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
I should be able to run max settings at 50 fps, but I've only been getting above 10 in fixed mode and min detail.

Let's hope this update changes things.

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD
After a bit of testing, this stuff really worked.
Constant 50 fps in most places instead of normal 30. Haven't tried busy areas yet.

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
I don't know whether I'm happy or sad right now. I desperately want the FPS rate to be fixed as I often find myself hovering around 6-10 down from ~40 but on the otherhand I was using the pitiful fps rates as an escuse not to attempt Jad :P

Looking forward to trying it out this evening... while still staying in the RuneSpan of course ;)

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Piu
[ Display Name History ]

Piu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Piu
  • Clan:EoE
I wonder if this is Optimus.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

BiJay
[ Display Name History ]

BiJay

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 873 posts
FPS quadrupled... nice!

[404] Signature not found.

Naive
[ Display Name History ]

Naive

Il Ganodermo

• Members
  • 1,419 posts
  • RSN:Naive
  • RSN2:Sman25000
  • Clan:HYT
Is it possible, could this be... An update no one is whining about?!

Brilliant!

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.

351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN!QFC: 90-91-310-65710712

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RSN:Dexek

I wonder if this is Optimus.

It's just the beginnings. Most bots are online atm, only ones I haven't seen yet are green dragon ones, but it can take time for them to log on. As mentioned, we probably won't see the impact of a large anti-bot update for a month or two.

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It
According to Jacmob Optimus isnt just a single bot nuke (like clusterflutterer) but a platform for quickly distributing constant nukes. Perhaps Optimus has now been deployed but the nukes have yet to fire?

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

Poppe
[ Display Name History ]

Poppe

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RSN:Etjien
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
Appears to help me a bit in more dense areas where my fps would drop 10-15. But I know a few friends that had horrible fps since the nuke, so this should be a welcome re-leaf for them :P
Posted Image

gspbeetle
[ Display Name History ]

gspbeetle

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,363 posts
  • RSN:ChenGMT
  • RSN2:son of 911
  • Clan:RuneHK

Is it possible, could this be... An update no one is whining about?!

Brilliant!

Bot nuke is a bit too soon. Price still havent settle and here we go another inflation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users