03/05/12 - System Update - FPS Fix!

Dexek

I'm gonna sound like an idiot when I post this. But can you guys explain how you are able to tell what your FPS is?

"displayfps" into developers console

open the developer console with the ~ key and enter displayfps, like ambler said.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, I am liking this. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I'm gonna sound like an idiot when I post this. But can you guys explain how you are able to tell what your FPS is?

"displayfps" into developers console

open the developer console with the ~ key and enter displayfps, like ambler said.

QFT. ;)

I'm normally 30fps, will be interesting too see how much of an improvement this gives :-k

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Game crashes every time I try to load bloom. Oh well, the fps is fixed so I can play on maxed settings and sit between 45-50 fps. Just no bloom for me... :cry:

edit

I can't log in at all anymore because its trying to load bloom every time... fml

edit 2

figured out you can turn it off from the log in screen. :thumbsup:

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Took them long enough. Though I had stable 50fps before, and still do after this update so it doesn't change much for me. But great to know other people are getting their desired FPS boost. :)

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Game crashes every time I try to load bloom. Oh well, the fps is fixed so I can play on maxed settings and sit between 45-50 fps. Just no bloom for me... :cry:

edit

I can't log in at all anymore because its trying to load bloom every time... fml

edit 2

figured out you can turn it off from the log in screen. :thumbsup:

The bloom problem is not related to this update however. Or at least, the problem has existed before that - The game can crash if you turn bloom on with AA enabled.

FPS on my mac seems to be worse now ='[

But then it could just be it needs a restart cause it's being sluggish in general today.

Runescape is in fact considered a game therefore it can not be played by a Mac. (read: no games)

anyway.. 50 fps always before so this doesn't mean anything

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I have to say, before I had about 47 FPS in GE world 2 in OpenGL with AA and Bloom enabled, now it's a steady 50. I'm loving it!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I take back my "Woah" for now. I am now able to teleport into Burthrope and use the bank chest (finally) but I still get whitescreened and kicked out randomly. I'm running around between 8-12fps instead of 1-5fps as I used to. So there has been a fix at least, but for me, the war still wages on. :(

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Anyone know how to get AA to work? I just figured my graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GT 555m) couldn't do it, or that Runescape just hated me, because there were black lines and the text was unreadable.

But now even with this update AA doesn't work. What do?

popped on very briefly and it didnt appear to be any different in the runespan :S will test it later in a few other places

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I take back my "Woah" for now. I am now able to teleport into Burthrope and use the bank chest (finally) but I still get whitescreened and kicked out randomly. I'm running around between 8-12fps instead of 1-5fps as I used to. So there has been a fix at least, but for me, the war still wages on. :(

That really sounds quite bad; have you tried speeding your computer up in any way? I cleared a few GB of space on my laptop and it ran it a bit faster, prior to this update :L

Also, turn off textures, they destroy fps

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Very happy with this update, my fps on my bad computer went from 15-20 average to 40-50 average :D I most likely won't notice any difference on my good computer as I was getting almost 50 fps everywhere on that anyway.

I wonder if this is Optimus.

I thought that as well. God, I hope not.

I've read two different things - Once, that this is not Optimus and just some performance fix and the other time, that this is optimus, but that optimus itself is merely performance fix and providing a base for future anti-bot measures.

So in both cases, there are definitely still some anti-bot measures to come, hopefully in the near future from the sounds of it.

I've been playing in a fixed screen on low settings for the last 6 months, and still only getting 14-20fps.

Now it's the first time since botnuke my FPS has jumped back to 45-55 and settings are at highest DX mode.

I love it, finally playing fullscreen again...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Anyone know how to get AA to work? I just figured my graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GT 555m) couldn't do it, or that Runescape just hated me, because there were black lines and the text was unreadable.

But now even with this update AA doesn't work. What do?

I was having these issues with a couple of different computers. Both times it was the graphics settings on my own computer and had nothing to do with the graphics settings of Runescape itself.

Most likely, you're running the "wrong monitor" type. Check your "screen resolution" settings from your Desktop and see what "display" is offered for monitor type.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Right back to where I was when I first bought this computer (pre bot nuke), if not better. Constant 50 fps in the Runespan, down to maybe 44 when running. I was already generally high enough to not be an issue, but its nice that it never drops down to a visible frame rate any more.

Now they just need to make it so that bloom doesn't turn AA off (or at least reduce it). Though I wonder if I would just have my GPU do the AA though its control panel and then set the game to bloom.

I don't know whether I'm happy or sad right now. I desperately want the FPS rate to be fixed as I often find myself hovering around 6-10 down from ~40 but on the otherhand I was using the pitiful fps rates as an escuse not to attempt Jad :P

Looking forward to trying it out this evening... while still staying in the RuneSpan of course ;)

Matt, there is a lovely safe spot for Jad now. :P

Omg RS in HD!!! <3 How I missed you so!!!!