Bonfires

Albel

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got charms from a bonfire spirit and I'm FTP.

lol nice work there jagex.

Seems a nice update overall though =).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

[hide=]

Patch notes:

10-May-2012 14:17:50

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature.

Graphical:

Some graphical issues in the Runespan have been fixed.

The female version of Morytania Legs 3 have had kneepads added.

Some trees north of Ardougne have had their blocking corrected.

Bervirius' tomb no longer goes bright white with bloom enabled.

Quests & Tasks:

A warning is now given to players when a monkey greegree is unequipped and dropped due to a full inventory.

The tomb in Underground Pass now has a "Light" option that appears at the relevant portion of the quest.

A Towering Feast has been removed from the Adventurer's Log.

Skills & Minigames:

The points overlay in the Runespan now updates correctly when a player uses runes to cross bridges.

Small missile platforms no longer asks for elemental runes when the player is missing a required mind rune.

Castle Wars barricades no longer rotate to face NPCs that are attacking them.

The Impetuous Impulses overlay is no longer hidden by the XP counter interface.

It is no longer possible to teleport whilst using the pump or pedals in Blast Furnace.

Other:

Craft and Light options have been added to all kinds of logs.

The check for a full inventory when tipping bolts has been corrected.

It is no longer required to be perfectly in front of a dense forest in Isafdar to use the shortcut.

Naff's battlestaff shop now checks for the correct amount of inventory space when purchasing battlestaves.

The fletching interface for Bakriminel bolts now states the correct quantity of bolts being fletched.

The Friends Chat interface now states "Not Ranked" for players not ranked instead of "Not in Friends Chat".

Pitta bread in the Skill Advance Guide has been updated to members only.

[qfc]15-16-415-63725163[/qfc]

[/hide]

Added this to the first post, thanks :grin:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

It seems it was intentional because they do not show up as "member object". With the prayer urn bug (f2ps could craft the highest level) they crafted as "members object"s

About ten chickens and counting just fell out of the sky in edgeville, about 5-10 seconds between them.

Something change in clan citadels or is my bonfire smoking them out of the heavens?

You're kidding, right. Please tell me you are?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

About ten chickens and counting just fell out of the sky in edgeville, about 5-10 seconds between them.

Something change in clan citadels or is my bonfire smoking them out of the heavens?

Not kidding. They are getting less frequent now but still falling...

How do you get the cape off Diango? He only gave me the xp lamp, nothing else.

Also, I bet whoever's got the name Slim Shady is going to love the new title.

Right click and choose Holiday-Items.

This looks like a really good update, and I'm glad they made the validation rewards available to F2P. Can we have the title as well, or is that members only?

Yes we can, surprisingly.

Yeah. But um, like, is there a way to take it off. Not that it's not nice but I kinda wanna be the fake Polarbearblu. Can't have it telling everyone I'm real.

And did anyone notice you get more exp for adding the log to the fire then lighting it separately?

Right-click Xuan and choose "Clear-title."

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It's just the last CCF reward, you can use it to let smoking chickens appear.

It seems it was intentional because they do not show up as "member object". With the prayer urn bug (f2ps could craft the highest level) they crafted as "members object"s

Nothing shows up as member's object anymore, or at least it's not supposed to.

And did anyone notice you get more exp for adding the log to the fire then lighting it separately?

Is this just the reward for multiple players at your fire, or do you even get more without that?

Generally I like this update, but I'd wish that more click-intensive methods or especially methods were you need good timing(in this case pyrelording) would reward you sufficiently for it. Now it seems pyrelording is only really worth it if you value speed above everything else...and if you use a barb horn the difference is almost negligible...

Not kidding. They are getting less frequent now but still falling...

So now we get free food for lighting fires?

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

It's just the last CCF reward, you can use it to let smoking chickens appear.

Nothing shows up as member's object anymore, or at least it's not supposed to.

Aaaaah that explains it, I feel dumb now.

News reading skill negative 99.

It says right there in the news post adding to bonfires gives a booster percentage up to 6%(?) for 5+ players.

Also touché Saradomin, touché.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

News reading skill negative 99.

It says right there in the news post adding to bonfires gives a booster percentage up to 6%(?) for 5+ players.

Also touché Saradomin, touché.

A) That's mean. And you could have said that a little more nicely. B) You're right, I didn't read it well enough.

29386_s.gif

Seems more like a cooking update than firemaking. For real training I might still prefer vines.

F2p getting charms is doubtful thats meant to be the case.

I think visual bonfires would been the best bit of this update except they didnt do it.. Misleading to call fires that we originally been lighting - bonfires. They are regular fires. Being able to create bonfires would been a nice touch to the whole 'bonfire' update. =s Seems a little lazy.. They shown they can do content that uses up more than one square. 9 squares would of made a nice visual bonfire to burn logs/cook at. Hell even 'one' square they could make it a bit more 'bonfire-y' visually to look bigger and fun to be around.

Seems more like a cooking update than firemaking. For real training I might still prefer vines.

I think visual bonfires would been the best bit of this update except they didnt do it.. Misleading to call fires bonfires. They are regular fires. Being able to create bonfires would been a nice touch to the whole 'bonfire' update. =s Seems a little lazy.. They shown they can do content that uses up more than one square. 9 squares would of made a nice visual bonfire to burn logs/cook at.

Plus they already had a real bonfire with the sköll event...

I'd also wish that the xp bonus for groups were a tad higher. I like the mechanic and think it's a good idea, both with firemaking and with the citadel, but in both cases (citadel especially but I think here too) I think the bonus is too small to encourage most people to search for others to skill with (Excluding the first days here of course, I guess everyone's fming right now)

I think visual bonfires would been the best bit of this update except they didnt do it.. Misleading to call fires bonfires. They are regular fires. Being able to create bonfires would been a nice touch to the whole 'bonfire' update. =s Seems a little lazy.. They shown they can do content that uses up more than one square. 9 squares would of made a nice visual bonfire to burn logs/cook at.

Plus they already had a real bonfire with the sköll event...

Also think of the evil tree event. I know its not a pure fire making event, but they would have the ability to make bigger fires right?

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Seriously considering going for 200m FM and Cook thanks to this update. Hopefully an unofficial world will be created for consistent XP boosts. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Just went and looked up the fire during the skoll event to remind myself.

Now this is closer to what I would imagine a bonfire to be lol. (Thx reminding me.)

I can accept that maybe they want to make it one square but something more visual of a larger fire would of made more visual sense.

I honestly dont care that much but it does give a good comparison between regular and what could of been done. Something between would of been visually appealing for this update.

[spoiler=NOT this update - Skoll/Hati picture.]sfsf.png

Been really anticipating this update due to my 50mil firemaking experience goal I'm working to finish this week. So far I've got a decent spot at the Grand Exchange:

bonfire.png

At this spot you don't even move to make if you click on the ge banker behind you to bank. Right now I have the magic fire lasting for about 5 minutes but I've not done a definite time test, will do that shortly. Will also soon be testing experience per hour, but seems to be atleast on par with curly roots (admittedly at quite a price rise though)

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png