Bonfires

Albel

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also wish that the xp bonus for groups were a tad higher. I like the mechanic and think it's a good idea, both with firemaking and with the citadel, but in both cases (citadel especially but I think here too) I think the bonus is too small to encourage most people to search for others to skill with (Excluding the first days here of course, I guess everyone's fming right now)

I don't think people will have any problems finding others to make bonfires with. Go to the G.E. or a bank on any fairly populated world and you're sure to find people making fires.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So it's Roughly 56xp/tick with magics, maxing out the exp/hr to ~330k, allowing time to bank occasionally.

This was with people adding to the fire + Ring of fire and flame gloves

It's nice because those who don't want to AFK can still earn better hourly rates, but there's still an AFK option. I think most will choose to AFK it

Averaging right around 310k firemaking experience an hour with Magic Logs, ring, and gloves. This is mild afk/chatting so 330k seems possible. At the cost of 4.4 gp/exp with magic logs, thinking I'll head back to curly roots soonish. Not at all a bad afk way, but just not worth the cost for me with the actual slower experience rate :P

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Just an awkward question for all of you... If you decide to clear the title given by the cape for any reason, but then want it back later and you're F2P, can you get it back? I would hate, being the 100% Pure F2P that I am, to clear a nice title like this and find that I can't get it back! :ohnoes:

~Mr. D. V. "Sitting on a pile of worry..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Just an awkward question for all of you... If you decide to clear the title given by the cape for any reason, but then want it back later and you're F2P, can you get it back? I would hate, being the 100% Pure F2P that I am, to clear a nice title like this and find that I can't get it back! :ohnoes:

~Mr. D. V. "Sitting on a pile of worry..." Devnull

You can right-click the Cape to activate your title at any time you wish.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just a heads up to anyone who stakes - the lifepoints boost seems to be carrying over into duels no matter what the rules.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I just registered a new accout with an email yesterday. :sad:

Ah well, can't complain about Jagex helping security.

The ironic thing is, the "email registration" is actually a major security loophole. Many free-email providers are quite easy to hack, and if someone steals your e-mail account they can easily recover your RS account with it.

td2sig.jpg

The ironic thing is, the "email registration" is actually a major security loophole. Many free-email providers are quite easy to hack, and if someone steals your e-mail account they can easily recover your RS account with it.

That is a security loop-hole with your choice of email, not with RS.

It actually makes rs more secure if you need to access an unrelated 3rd party account to successfully recover a password.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm pretty sure that Jagex recommends using Gmail for it.

I'm liking the update. Pulling logs from my pocket to feed the fire is pretty funny looking though. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It actually makes rs more secure if you need to access an unrelated 3rd party account to successfully recover a password.

But the point is, it creates a single-point-of-failure if all someone needs to do is steal your 3rd party account (and the names of many of those e-mail accounts were leaked when any number of the fansites were hacked). Jagex places too much emphasis on the e-mail recovery-- you don't need any other information to recover the account if you have control of the e-mail account tied to the RS account. I don't agree with that practice.

td2sig.jpg

Does the LP boost apply like it was a brew (thus reducing itself over time) or more like, increase max LP for certain time? (Like nex armor, just that it's temporary) ?

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I'm wondering how much slower this is then normal fm or jadinko fm ;d

The good thing is: I can now work on my long term goal and still study =d.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I think it increases max LP (but you still need to wait/eat to reach that threshold) and then possibly vanishes after the specified amount of time.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

After about 3-4 hours at this I'd say Jadinkos are better, they are slightly better experience per hour with no cost. Currently bonfires about the same speed as regular firemaking (without the double line method of the pyrelord) but also has the cost of it. Its about 310k-330k firemaking experience an hour with magic logs with a cost of about 1.2mil an hour. You get a few free charms an hour too :P

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

But the point is, it creates a single-point-of-failure if all someone needs to do is steal your 3rd party account (and the names of many of those e-mail accounts were leaked when any number of the fansites were hacked). Jagex places too much emphasis on the e-mail recovery-- you don't need any other information to recover the account if you have control of the e-mail account tied to the RS account. I don't agree with that practice.

But its not a single point of failure.

It is a dual point.

They need both your RS log-in AND access to the email account.

And regardless of what spin you put on it your email being easily hackable is either a fault with the email providers security or your password and not Jagex's fault. It's not even like it's hard to get a good secure email provider with things like gmail around.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

After about 3-4 hours at this I'd say Jadinkos are better, they are slightly better experience per hour with no cost. Currently bonfires about the same speed as regular firemaking (without the double line method of the pyrelord) but also has the cost of it. Its about 310k-330k firemaking experience an hour with magic logs with a cost of about 1.2mil an hour. You get a few free charms an hour too :P

I'm wondering this because I aim for 120 Firemaking (fictional 120 ofcourse) and I'm interested at the most efficient method. Does this method bring in a lot of charms on my way to 120 firemaking or should I go for 99 wc while 120 fm =/ Those are things I want to consider

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So, does anyone have a nice estimate on how many logs you can burn per hour this way? With semi-full concentration. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

If you use gmail make sure you enable 2-step verification http://googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/advanced-sign-in-security-for-your.html

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12