Bonfires

Albel

RuneScape’s aglow this week as we introduce bonfires: a simple way to train your Firemaking skill, and perhaps make a few new friends while you’re at it.

You can now add to any fire that you or another player has created, using logs from your inventory. Not only does this mean that you no longer need to leave long lines of fires outside the bank, but you’ll benefit in a range of other ways that are sure to leave you feeling toasty warm:

Quicker and Easier Firemaking: Once you’ve begun the ‘add to’ action, you’ll continue to add logs to that fire automatically until the fire burns out or your inventory of logs runs empty. You can use any logs that you can normally light, and it doesn’t matter what sort of logs were used to start the fire. Fires made with higher level logs do last longer, though, so see if you can find a fire made with high-level logs. Fires are now coloured differently, depending on the log type used, and a right-click examine will tell you which is which, so it’s easy to tell them apart.

Gather Round for an XP Boost: Adding logs to a fire that others are already adding to earns a percentage bonus to Firemaking XP for all involved. This increases per person contributing, up to a maximum of 4% for 5 or more players. Not only is it better XP for everyone to gather round the same fire, but quicker and easier Firemaking means that it’s a great way to relax and chat with your fellow firemakers.

Attain a Hearty Glow: Contribute at least 5 logs to one fire in succession, and you’ll earn a temporary boost to your maximum life points; up to 10%, depending on your Firemaking level. This lasts longer depending on the type of logs you contributed; up to 60 minutes for magic or blisterwood logs. The effect stacks with other life point boosts, such as those from Saradomin brews.

Roasting on an Open Fire: Any cooking performed on player-made fires – either someone else’s or your own – will earn a 10% bonus to Cooking XP earned.

Free Fire Spirits: While adding logs to a bonfire, you may occasionally see a fire spirit emerge. They’ll be grateful to be freed from the constraints of log-based living, so click on these spirits when you see them to earn a reward, such as coins, runes, noted ore or a gnomish firelighter.

Summoning familiars that grant bonuses related to Firemaking will have no effect with regards to bonfires. Bonuses from the ring of fire, flame gloves, Dwarven Army Axe, the Barbarian Assault penance horn and the clan ring all apply, though.

Have fun!

Mod Ana

In Other News

There are now additional rewards for registering your email address.

[hide=Patch notes:]

10-May-2012 14:17:50

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature.

Graphical:

Some graphical issues in the Runespan have been fixed.

The female version of Morytania Legs 3 have had kneepads added.

Some trees north of Ardougne have had their blocking corrected.

Bervirius' tomb no longer goes bright white with bloom enabled.

Quests & Tasks:

A warning is now given to players when a monkey greegree is unequipped and dropped due to a full inventory.

The tomb in Underground Pass now has a "Light" option that appears at the relevant portion of the quest.

A Towering Feast has been removed from the Adventurer's Log.

Skills & Minigames:

The points overlay in the Runespan now updates correctly when a player uses runes to cross bridges.

Small missile platforms no longer asks for elemental runes when the player is missing a required mind rune.

Castle Wars barricades no longer rotate to face NPCs that are attacking them.

The Impetuous Impulses overlay is no longer hidden by the XP counter interface.

It is no longer possible to teleport whilst using the pump or pedals in Blast Furnace.

Other:

Craft and Light options have been added to all kinds of logs.

The check for a full inventory when tipping bolts has been corrected.

It is no longer required to be perfectly in front of a dense forest in Isafdar to use the shortcut.

Naff's battlestaff shop now checks for the correct amount of inventory space when purchasing battlestaves.

The fletching interface for Bakriminel bolts now states the correct quantity of bolts being fletched.

The Friends Chat interface now states "Not Ranked" for players not ranked instead of "Not in Friends Chat".

Pitta bread in the Skill Advance Guide has been updated to members only.

[qfc]15-16-415-63725163[/qfc]

[/hide]

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a good way for me to get firemaking xp. Since I have 99...it's kinda to little to late :grin:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

What are the email validation incentives? The page crashes when I attempt to load it.

Never mind, got it:

We've launched a brand new reward for RuneScape players who register and validate an email address. Youll get a brand new cape and title, as well as additional bank space and some free XP to boot!

Getting your hands on these new goodies couldnt be easier in fact they are just a couple of clicks away. All you have to do is register your email address to your account and validate it through the email we send you, and youll instantly get some additional bank space. Then, visit Diango in Draynor Village and he'll give you your unique cape, in-game title and an XP lamp you can redeem against any skill you wish!

Validating your email is a really quick and smart way to improve your account security. It also allows you to reset a lost or forgotten password instantly.

When logging into game, you will be invited to validate your email and guided through the quick and easy process. The sooner you do it the sooner you will unlock the new items, bank space and free XP!

The same applies if youve already registered your email address; as soon as the update is live and you log in, the rewards will be yours.

If youre having trouble with email registration, or would just like more information, be sure to take a look here.

What skill will you use the XP on? What outfit goes best with the new cape? How will you use the additional bank space? You can relax and make all these decisions once you have validated your email, safe in the knowledge that your account is more secure, better dressed and a bit closer to that next skill level goal!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I just registered a new accout with an email yesterday. :sad:

Ah well, can't complain about Jagex helping security.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Email validation incentives, really.

Extra bankspaces!

Please! But no serious. I like this update. It actual just happened. I was dungeoneering when i got the system update. I'm suppose to be paying attention in class but with there being a total of 8 students, eh... Gonna test this skill out now.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

http://www.runescape.com/img/main/community/banners/bonfire_en.jpg

So afk firemaking after afk rc'ing.. Anyone for afk Agility next?

I'd rather we get afk whining next so we don't have to trawl through pages of waaaa it got made easier waaaa I don't like it waaa this ruined the game for every single update just to read info people are posting.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Seems interesting. Hopefully you can burn the same amount of logs (or more) like you could before.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Will cooking on player-made fires now be better exp overall, counting the time to get to them and possibility of them going out?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

http://www.runescape.com/img/main/community/banners/bonfire_en.jpg

So afk firemaking after afk rc'ing.. Anyone for afk Agility next?

I'd rather we get afk whining next so we don't have to trawl through pages of waaaa it got made easier waaaa I don't like it waaa this ruined the game for every single update just to read info people are posting.

Hey, I'm not complaining, I like it :)

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

I just registered a new accout with an email yesterday. :sad:

Ah well, can't complain about Jagex helping security.

"The same applies if youve already registered your email address; as soon as the update is live and you log in, the rewards will be yours."

You can get an xp lamp, cape, and an in-game title from Diango. Assume the bank space is added automatically.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Think they deleted your character n made it level 3.

Also, newly registered accounts get a kewl cape n stuff for FREE!!!@#!!!!!!!!!!

Am kinda pissed because I don't get one.

EDIT: Read 2 posts above, whoops. Not my fault rs website is slow as all [bleep] n doesn't load..

553VriC.png?1

Getting a rather nice boost from adding logs to fire; 175xp for adding maple logs, 260 for adding yew logs, but only 310 xp for magic logs.

EDIT: and that's without any boosts like gloves/ring/multiple players adding to fire.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid