The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

I wish they'd just give us the costume instead of making us jump through hoops. The events sound like a pain. A laggy pain I wager too.

Now what would make you deserve the costume if you didn't jump through those hoops? They already have problems with people not testing out the beta, this would actually bring some people on the servers for once.

And how are we meant to try/test beta when we cant even access it? This is Jagex's huge fault line that infuriates me "lets run beta/promos for people who spend the whole time [bleep]ING GAMBLING RARES THEY CANT EVEN KEEP, instead of people who actually want to try the new combat system!"

(I've had a very bad day)

Popoto.~<3

I might get flamed for this, but I am kind of glad that they at least had some restriction on those that can access the beta.

Theoretically, the ones who got in (12 months + 50k based on their gameplay apparently) are more likely to understand the game better, have more investment in it, and be able to recognize what does and does not need to be reported as a bug. Additionally, it avoids letting it too many 'throwaway' accounts which people might use to spam them with false bug reports and hinder their efforts. As they are supposedly going through every single report, this seems like the best way to ensure reports are genuine and not time-wasting. Twelve months may have been stupidly long, but at least it's something.

I thought I saw somewhere in this thread that they were going to remove the GE and trading functionalities, so the ridiculous 'beta market' and gambling should die out soon enough.

There is no GE now.

People just trade and gamble because they hate the combat system (it's sucks or it's buggy, take your pick nobody knows because they took a wrecking ball to the game).

I'd give you my spot if I could, but I can't, and it's not like you can't get on this weekend.

This beta better not be rushed out the door, It will take at least a year of nagging and screaming "Betrayal! Betrayed me! This game sucks!" before they really fix some stuff.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

How to get that costume? As in a series of events to do? When?

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

I wish they'd just give us the costume instead of making us jump through hoops. The events sound like a pain. A laggy pain I wager too.

Now what would make you deserve the costume if you didn't jump through those hoops? They already have problems with people not testing out the beta, this would actually bring some people on the servers for once.

And how are we meant to try/test beta when we cant even access it? This is Jagex's huge fault line that infuriates me "lets run beta/promos for people who spend the whole time [bleep]ING GAMBLING RARES THEY CANT EVEN KEEP, instead of people who actually want to try the new combat system!"

(I've had a very bad day)

Life is much simpler when your not a moralizer. If someone gets scammed from gambling they made that risk. If someone enjoys it and doesn't get scammed then good for them.

If someone chooses to gamble rather then actively participate in the beta, its not like the sky is going to fall.

I would say get a life, but this quality you have definitely extends into "real life" so you really need to learn to live and let live

I agree with Tim, why should people that have been granted access to beta be allowed to gamble with items/gp that won't exist in a month or two, other players like myself that got refused beta access early have to wait to test out abilities/gear and help find bugs while they mess around mis-using there privileges. WIsh Jagex would remove the gamblers from Beta and give others the chance to try combat evolution that actually are interested in beta testing.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I guess they're just having fun. I'd understand better if I didn't have access and would probably be mad or annoyed about it as well. I heard they were working on a way to prevent it and besides, you'll have access this weekend. :)

Edit: Hoho wrong thread.

Back on topic: Just went pking last night. It was awesome. I got like 3 kills and died twice. Slaughter is SUPER annoying, but if you have Freedom, it isn't that bad as long as you stay vigilant.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Isn't there a familiar scroll that removes their armour or something? Seems like that would do a lot of damage now in the new system.

Only removes their weapon and perhaps shield. Might be good to damage shield users if they're at full health. But familiars seem a lot weaker HP-wise, my iron titan got taken out in the wildy pretty quick.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

So Bandos Chesplate and Tassets now give the exact same armour/LP bonus as Torag's, and it has no strength bonus (or 'critical damage' as it's called in the Beta)?

Doesn't that make it kind of... useless?

Byzantus.png

What kind of fail logic is this.

Okay, let's play.

Bob plays everyday on the beta testing stuff and giving feedback. Next weekend, Bob has a camping trip and can't attend the events. Bob has a life and therefore doesn't deserve the reward. Nice logic you got there pal.

2480+ total

What kind of fail logic is this.

Okay, let's play.

Bob plays everyday on the beta testing stuff and giving feedback. Next weekend, Bob has a camping trip and can't attend the events. Bob has a life and therefore doesn't deserve the reward. Nice logic you got there pal.

The same logic that a player with over 4 years consecutive membership, that only lapsed membership for 3 months when he took a break and cash was low, didn't get into the beta. thus is forced to play beta only on the weekends when it not always the best time for him to 'scape. yet players get in that have just been abusing a beta rares market and duping rares instead of testing combat. typical jagex logic

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Are Dreadnips 'enabled' in the beta? If so, what do they do?

I tried using them at Kree'ara, but they kept disappearing with the message 'Didn't see me fighting.' I was spamming abilities though, so maybe you need to keep autoattacking?

[qfc]299-300-958-63833577[/qfc]

59oSa.png

Looks like Jagex doesn't appreciate the time wasters either.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Probably appreciate them even less than the players do actually. Think about it, being allowed into the beta and then just gambling is huge insult to people who developed it. Your basically saying that you'd rather spend your time playing no stakes gambling than touch something people put a lot of time and effort into.

Completely agree with Randox, I honestly support a ban from beta, even on the weekends everyone is aloud in. It is an insult to the developers and all those that want in the beta to actually test and be useful.

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Actually really surprised on that move, I figured they would just remove the gamblers. Kudos Jagex.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

[qfc]299-300-958-63833577[/qfc]

59oSa.png

Looks like Jagex doesn't appreciate the time wasters either.

They do listen :) chances of me making it into beta = still improbable

least Jagex actually care about the beta enough to remove the time wasters though

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Something was changed with bolts and crossbows yesterday.

Now you cannot use dragon, diamond, emerald (I have tested those) with rune or dragon2h crossbow. It says the weapon is not powerfull enough for this ammo.

I haven't tried chaotic, because I do not have one.

Now you cannot use dragon, diamond, emerald (I have tested those) with rune or dragon2h crossbow. It says the weapon is not powerfull enough for this ammo.

Aren't they free from the dg reward shop in beta?

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Aren't they free from the dg reward shop in beta?

Still need 80 DG to buy it :P

Dragon 2h crossbow counts as a level 60 crossbow, and dragon (e) and diamond (e) bolts count as level 70 bolts, so they won't work with it.

Rune crossbow is also a level 50 crossbow and mithril (e) bolts count as level 60 bolts, so they won't work with it either.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Dragon 2h crossbow counts as a level 60 crossbow, and dragon (e) and diamond (e) bolts count as level 70 bolts, so they won't work with it.

Rune crossbow is also a level 50 crossbow and mithril (e) bolts count as level 60 bolts, so they won't work with it either.

So Chaotic and Dominion crossbows are the only thing that can fire enchanted bolts above mithril?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun