The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

I really wish they'd get rid of degrading on some armor and weapons. Do we really need to keep paying money to use our armor? Yes, you might say "its cuz of da ecomoney" but I'm sure the economy will do just fine without it. It's going to be especially annoying if you're dual-wielding chaotics. Twice the charge cost, not to mention the fact that you hit/get hit more in the new combat, so that might degrade them even faster.

[qfc]299-300-552-63829657[/qfc]

I am very angry that the Spectral Spirit Shield I used to solo Kree'Arra got turned into a "mage class" shield and doesn't get to be "all class" like Barrow Gloves.

For that matter... I am angry that after surveying 200,000 players who all type "barrow gloves" that the item was renamed "culinomancer gloves 10."

I am angry players write "its just a beta. it will change." Yeah it will change alright. Just not changing because of any player needs analysis.

We are being forcefed the skeletal remnants of the Transformers MMO that robbed Xenogears and Front Mission lifepoint/total armour set ups.

I am very angry that the Hybrid armours are

Vanguard - melee class not ranger class

Battle Mage - mage class not melee class

Trickster - ranger class not mage class

They not only didn't let us vote, but they've never stood on the cw wall and watched how we play.

Anger. I am full of anger.

edit: oh and thanks for telling me guardians ward is "mage class." that sucks! how in the world are all staffs 2h and the slayer shields... so... wait... what!? oh I hate the new team! I hate 'em! I want them to drop eoc and not do it.

Must say that the way they handled hybrid armour pretty much ruined hybrid armour :P It's still top tier because it's level 85 to use, at least.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Must say that the way they handled hybrid armour pretty much ruined hybrid armour :P It's still top tier because it's level 85 to use, at least.

There are a few class restrictions that just don't make sense. Take a look at Akrisae's set: 3 pieces for the magic skill... And a melee weapon? How the hell am I supposed to use that? :razz:

Glad I can now drink OVL flasks. Can anyone take imbued rings/TokHaar-Kals/Chaotics? Are there requirements for anything lol?

2nd note... Why are Berserker Ring (I)s better in every way than Onyx Ring (I)s?

Why do my Elite Void Knight Robes still have no stats?

2dgucz6.png

There are a few class restrictions that just don't make sense. Take a look at Akrisae's set: 3 pieces for the magic skill... And a melee weapon? How the hell am I supposed to use that? :razz:

Really wish the equipment screen would fully reflect the negative Hit Bonus penalties if you wear different gear. The hit chance calculations are too vague/probably wrong. Had a defend chance of -78% vs an animated book :unsure:

And yeah Blutters, anyone can take the jewellery and Mod Pi mentioned that the Onyx ring is intended to be worse than the DK rings...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Are staffs still 1handed in dg?

No

Good fight mages with a CSB then? o.O

CSB is useless because you don't need bloods/deaths anymore.

CSB provides unlimited air runes.

Seems like the way to mage in DG is use wands tho. Also, if you see anything in the beta forum, please don't give us the qfc. Please copy + paste what the J Mods said.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Seems like the way to mage in DG is use wands tho.

There aren't wands or offhand weapons in dungeoneering YETi, unfortunately.

ftfy

I hope they fix mage in dungeoneering so that you can use a celestial weapon and not be screwed on ammunition. Always bugged me how Emp Fire could be more useful then Celestial staff since Emp Fire + Surge box = unlimited fire surge, Celestial Staff + surgebox = unlimited air surge.

Purely speculation at this point tho.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I really wish they'd get rid of degrading on some armor and weapons. Do we really need to keep paying money to use our armor? Yes, you might say "its cuz of da ecomoney" but I'm sure the economy will do just fine without it. It's going to be especially annoying if you're dual-wielding chaotics. Twice the charge cost, not to mention the fact that you hit/get hit more in the new combat, so that might degrade them even faster.

[qfc]299-300-552-63829657[/qfc]

They just need to make it more convenient to fix like it is in other games. (Wow, diablo, etc).

Hell make every general store able to fix it, or use a hammer on it to fix.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It's pretty convenient as it is. None of the repair areas are very out of the way - Bob is within a few clicks of the teleport spot in Lumbridge, the dungeoneering teleport is literally right next to the repair area, and players can even set up an armour stand in their houses. Nothing degrades fast enough that you won't find time between whatever it is you fight to get it fixed up, either.

Seems that the bigger problem is that degrading equipment is more of a kind of fake balance, though. It's just latched on to endgame gear so that they can say it isn't entirely game breaking.

Seems that the bigger problem is that degrading equipment is more of a kind of fake balance, though. It's just latched on to endgame gear so that they can say it isn't entirely game breaking.

This. Degrading isn't high enough cost to matter, and all it really does is annoy people when they forget.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Just got most kills in CWars. :) It's quite lively at the moment. Tons of Pernix but it seems strongarm maging still wins! Dualcasted Ice and Blood Barrage in Bmage. Died a shetton from the rangers but it was still fun.

The first game I played tonight it said I unlocked a piece of the Beta armor so that's already active at least.

2dgucz6.png

306-307-625-63856716

Opinions please... Even though it is a concept I felt that if something like this was introduced it might ease some of the tension from such a vast change in the combat system for new and old players. This would obviously be implemented after the beta.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Deaths Near can you please post what the response in that quick find code says because it is broken, even when logged in.

It's a thread with discussion on armor degradation. There are some posts by Mod Jack in the first couple of pages, but they aren't particularly revealing. The thread itself isn't all that enlightening, it just mirrored the discussion that was going on here. If you manually type the QFC while logged in with access to the Beta forums, it should work.

tried beta....this..err....combat system? really sucks. Building Adrenaline to use abilities takes freaking forever, in Castle Wars I didn't manage to use ONE ability because the regen rate for it is painfully slow.

Top that off, lack of access to other weapons. no cost for chaotics, yet 80 dung req; however the kiln cape has NO requirements, and its the best cape (minus comp t) in the game, I was wearing one as a skiller.

If you wanting us testing your weapons jagex, at least give us access to weapons we can wield with COMBAT LEVELS, not limiting us to a skill so painful to level (as everyone's 99+ now) and forced to level as a [bleep]ing team skill. /rage

...Did I mention no requirements to wear the kiln cape?

Popoto.~<3

tried beta....this..err....combat system? really sucks. Building Adrenaline to use abilities takes freaking forever, in Castle Wars I didn't manage to use ONE ability because the regen rate for it is painfully slow.

Top that off, lack of access to other weapons. no cost for chaotics, yet 80 dung req; however the kiln cape has NO requirements, and its the best cape (minus comp t) in the game, I was wearing one as a skiller.

If you wanting us testing your weapons jagex, at least give us access to weapons we can wield with COMBAT LEVELS, not limiting us to a skill so painful to level (as everyone's 99+ now) and forced to level as a [bleep]ing team skill. /rage

...Did I mention no requirements to wear the kiln cape?

I build a full bar in less than a minute. Basic abilities don't require adrenaline to use, only treshold and ultimate abilities require adrenaline.

Chaotics have always required Dungeoneering to use. I don't see your point. :P Tok-Haar-Kal requires completion of the Kiln to obtain, but no direct level requirements. Jagex want people to test weapons, not the best weapons. If people can't access the higher tier weapons to test, they can test the lower ones. Many people have 80+ Dung so I doubt chaotics will get under-tested.

So, was doing a small 2:2 occult with a random, and find a Soulgazer. Kill it and it drops hexhunter. Well played Jagex.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm annoyed by the fact that we have no spellbook anymore...yeah I get that we're supposed to drag spells on the hotbar, but I liked having all spells available for me immediately. Since I'm teleporting around a LOT, having all tele spells immediately available is important to me. I wish they could just make an additional spellbook.

Also having to hit enter before chatting is really annoying atm, though I guess I should hopefully be able to get used to it.

I'm annoyed by the fact that we have no spellbook anymore...yeah I get that we're supposed to drag spells on the hotbar, but I liked having all spells available for me immediately. Since I'm teleporting around a LOT, having all tele spells immediately available is important to me. I wish they could just make an additional spellbook.

Also having to hit enter before chatting is really annoying atm, though I guess I should hopefully be able to get used to it.

If you hide the hotbar, you can actually type like you used to.

terravir.png

Got on this weekend. My biggest complaint right now is that just playing 2 games of cw used up 500mb, not including the 100mb it took for loading first time.

Does anyone know if there is gonna be any effort to reduce the mb usage? If not i'm gonna have to quit because i just can't afford the internet bill this will give me.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!