Possible bot nuke and mass banning.

jayc3399

I noticed that the majority of my skills went up 10k+ ranks over night and the number of players online is ~63k half of the normal at this time.

I think this points to some sort of mass banning and or bot nuke. Curious to see if jagex posts anything

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

http://open.tip.it/high-score-stats

Nothing more than a mass ban. Optimus isn't ready and it's been confirmed by Mod Emilee on the RS forums that it's not being released this month.

K9oz.png

Currently hold the rank of 'Honoured' Member in OTG.

Some pretty impressive player vs monster achievements.

I've had fifty two sigils since release of corporeal beast.

I've had sixty three drops from Nex in under six months.

Close to 3 billion gold from doing player vs monster.

I'd hardly call that a mass ban lol. Watching the numbers rise on RS home page is like 100K accounts oops I mean bots made per day lol.

Lots of people are reporting the same, so probably true.

Page 2 and 3 of hunter highscores is still full of 200m xp hunter bots though, so if there was one it wasn't a great one.

Those might be inactive bots, so they are probably unaffected by such bannings but then I'm curious why they are still P2P.

[404] Signature not found.

Lots of people are reporting the same, so probably true.

Page 2 and 3 of hunter highscores is still full of 200m xp hunter bots though, so if there was one it wasn't a great one.

Those might be inactive bots, so they are probably unaffected by such bannings but then I'm curious why they are still P2P.

Probably still bottig, they got to 200m without getitng banned so why not carry on L0l

Kinda funny F2P was removed from the hiscores because all the F2P bots made the hiscores an unrealistic presentation of the real ranks. Now they've removed 700K P2P bots... Jagex

It could easily be argued that it was just the PR reason, the actual reason was so they could add another benefit to the list of membership benefits.

Kinda funny F2P was removed from the hiscores because all the F2P bots made the hiscores an unrealistic presentation of the real ranks. Now they've removed 700K P2P bots... Jagex

It could easily be argued that it was just the PR reason, the actual reason was so they could add another benefit to the list of membership benefits.

Seems more likely, subscribe today to have your accomplishments displayed on the official high scores! oh and more SOF spins!!!

Jagex logic there for you, so much for ftp not being a demo ..

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

and 23k smithing, 21k runecraft ranks without xp gains, gratz :) I personally jumped nearly 10k total ranks was 105k now i'm 96k total rank, unsure on individual ranks

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

The reason for the increase in your rankings were due to accounts that are now F2P being removed from the highscores.

When an accounts membership isn't renewed, its highscores are still visible for a few months until a mass removal is done :P This had nothing to do with the banning of bots, unfortunately ;P

• Like 1
Taylor.png

The reason for the increase in your rankings were due to accounts that are now F2P being removed from the highscores.

When an accounts membership isn't renewed, its highscores are still visible for a few months until a mass removal is done :P This had nothing to do with the banning of bots, unfortunately ;P

Source?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Source?

There's no direct link to any post which states a mass removal of accounts from the hiscores. But it's a commonly known fact that it happens, and on occasions all at once. We already know there's at least a 10-day grace period from the time you cancel your memberhsip to the time you're removed from the HS. That can extend for weeks, or even months. It's a far more accurate theory than anything else suggested, anyway.

It's fine if you don't wish to believe it until you have a source, but you're wasting your time gripping to hope.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Yet people buying their xp is completely accepted practice? Heck even supported?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Yet people buying their xp is completely accepted practice? Heck even supported?

Keep the SoF discussion in the designated SoF thread. We know where this is going.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png