3-Jan-2013 - God Statues: Construction D&D

Tim

If they had placed the Taverly one a bit farther from an altar, it might have been more useful...

Well, when would you ever need to recharge prayer in Canifis/Gu'Tanoth?

Hell, who even goes to Gu'Tanoth? :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

If they had placed the Taverly one a bit farther from an altar, it might have been more useful...

Well, when would you ever need to recharge prayer in Canifis/Gu'Tanoth?

Hell, who even goes to Gu'Tanoth? :P

Yeah as functional altars none of them are really in useful locales.

About the only one of any use is Canafis and that's only if you use that slayer master and therefore pass through between tasks.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

To be fair, God Statues only received a passing mention in the January BTS, and the BTS video itself was blatantly used as filler news for the Christmas/NYE holidays. It was never going to be the most radical or game changing of updates.

To be fair, God Statues only received a passing mention in the January BTS, and the BTS video itself was blatantly used as filler news for the Christmas/NYE holidays. It was never going to be the most radical or game changing of updates.

It was actually in the December BTS. Glad there was a bug with the exp rates, 5k exp per statue at level 83 con really isn't worth it for a monthly D&D when you compare it to Troll Invasion.

Sylpheed.png

It was actually in the December BTS.

Yeah, buried away at the end with no images and only a paragraph's worth of description. In December's BTS, even Solomon's store got more of a build up than this update. It was barely noteworthy last month with the TzHaar quest and PoP, and is even less so in the January schedule with Kalphite King and the new Kharidian task set.

There was nothing in the way Jagex built up God Statues to make anyone think it was ever going to be anything more than a very pedestrian, regular update.

Logged in right at the best time. That is; right after the XP fix but before the global announcement that upon login statues will be reset.

So I was able to do all 4 statues at the good XP value, hop lobby and back in and do it all over again!

As such: 221,704 Construction experience and 129,032 Prayer experience. Thanks, Jagex!

• Like 6

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

It was actually in the December BTS.

Yeah, buried away at the end with no images and only a paragraph's worth of description. In December's BTS, even Solomon's store got more of a build up than this update. It was barely noteworthy last month with the TzHaar quest and PoP, and is even less so in the January schedule with Kalphite King and the new Kharidian task set.

There was nothing in the way Jagex built up God Statues to make anyone think it was ever going to be anything more than a very pedestrian, regular update.

Ok?

There's no need to be so aggressive, I was correcting your mistake, I never made any comments on the quality of the update itself lol.

Sylpheed.png

Easy D&D and decent xp, can't complain. Quite enjoyed it tbh, reminded me of the mastermind board game gradually getting closer to the correct combo.

Doing the one for prayer means it works as an alter too.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

The one thing that bugs me in this was in both the bts text and video they kind sold 'which statue where' as a puzzle, heck even the dialogue at locations is setup to give you clues.

Huge flaw with this is 4 gods, 4 locales all blindly obvious PLUS if you go through dialogue and pick it says 'you sense this is right/wrong for the area continue?' AND if you right-click the rock to skip straight to building it says Juna (slayer xp) etc. beside them. -.-

Puzzle my ass.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

90 con, around 25.000 xp plus 18.000 slayer xp four times per month. Not bad but still its a whole month, cant complain much as troll invasion got same time but lower xp.

ps. Most waiting for desert tasks anyway :]

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

You now take more damage when failing to pickpocket a Desert Phoenix.

"Hey, lets ignore this huge list of issues which are just as easy to fix and choose the one people used for a couple of days with portable deposit boxes".

I guess I will wait for the XP to be adjusted before I try these out.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

will be interesting to see how the new chisle will work. Did they say anything about it stacking with crystal saw or tea?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I don't think it was ever meant to be a puzzle anyway, because when asked, the guy tells you exactly which religion the locals use, and anything other than that choice would make them angry anyway.

If you want a real brain scratcher, go work on which responses to Meg are the good ones. :P

• Like 3

8f14270694.jpg

84 con, and ~80k con exp per month so I can't complain. I lol'd when I got one set of scaffolds that used 15 pieces, none higher than 3 and none lower than 3.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

so, does this mean we can expect those chisels 1 month earlier than most?

Let me get my time machine and tell you.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So some people got to do this D&D twice already? That's kinda bullshit. But if Jagex were to try making it up to us unlucky ones, I'm sure they'd just end up giving the luckier folk a THIRD shot at the statues.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I did it twice, before and after 'the buff'. Of course, more experience is always welcome, but I didn't see an issue with the XP Rates before. I do think it's a nice little sidebar for gaining Con xp without the 1111111111111111111111111, that's for sure.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Umm, did these come with the update?

ziu2yt.png

They've been there as long as I've been standing here with no owners in sight. Ones nearby each other share the same names.

If not a glitch this really is a tasteless promotion...

EDIT

I think it was just someone f'n around. I checked a few other worlds after doing the rest of the statues and they don't have SGS pets just sitting there.

2dgucz6.png