18-2-2013 The RuneScape Bestiary

Carl

I'm really excited about this, bit of a shame I never have access to a computer when cool things like these happen (only found out about RoTM two weeks after it was released, and then avoiding spoilers was nearly impossible).

[hide]Is it possible to bring Kharshai other bane items to have them upgraded? Could be a way to make them with using again, seeing as by the time we can access bane ore we also have access to better ammo, rendering it useless.[/hide]

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

[hide]Is it possible to bring Kharshai other bane items to have them upgraded? Could be a way to make them with using again, seeing as by the time we can access bane ore we also have access to better ammo, rendering it useless.[/hide]

[hide=no]

Nope, tried all combos, using items on him, gem on items etc... It might be a post-quest reward?

[/hide]

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

[hide=no]

Nope, tried all combos, using items on him, gem on items etc... It might be a post-quest reward?

[/hide]

The dialogue says he needs the creature's blood on the weapon to complete the enchantment anyway.

for the new quest do you think we'll have to unlock all 3 of the gems for it? and if so is it potable?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

for the new quest do you think we'll have to unlock all 3 of the gems for it? and if so is it potable?

Confirmed by the list of full requirements that we won't need to.

What list?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I wouldn't say it's been confirmed at all.

They gave us a list of quests and levels that were the requirements at the time of posting; it is perfectly feasible 'Awaken Kharsi' will be a requirement that was not included in that list as it was not in-game and would've given a spoiler and/or was a last minute addition.

And if by 'full list' you mean the one I posted earlier on that was hardly an officially release that was just personal leg work back-tracking quest requirements to convert the 4 listed quests into their skill requirment components.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wouldn't say it's been confirmed at all.

Is there any precedent for requirements not in the game yet?

I think awakening Koschei will be a requirement. I don't think Jagex will be big enough [wagon] to slap a 90 Prayer and 90 Strength requirement onto a highly anticipated quest without warning. If they do, the official forums will explode with ranters and the decision will be reversed almost immediately.

EDIT: Also, Blood Runs Deep isn't listed as a requirement.

There's precedent from requirements changing between bts and release and precedent for unannounced requirements.

Several quests have level tweaks (eg Firemakers Curse got lowered) and others have reqs that aren't mentioned (eg Missing My Mummy kudos "req" wasn't mentioned)

Also precedent for un-released content stuff in that Philippe post quest visits has two further meet-ups confirmed by the creator at QP levels currently unobtainable.

No actual precedent for extra requirements coming from 'last minute' released content - but then teaser-content is very rarely released. Also one has to keep in mind the requirements list was to FULLY complete the quest and get all the rewards, the only req to start it was 140 combat - so they could strap on anything they like to the fully complete without locking people out the doing the quest itself.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Several quests have level tweaks (eg Firemakers Curse got lowered)

In response to how much whining on the forums about the Quest Cape requirement being raised by something like 25 levels? The original requirement was viewed as unreasonable for similar reasons to why an unannounced 90 strength and 90 prayer requirement on one of the most hyped quests of all time would be poorly received, even if only for "full completion".

and others have reqs that aren't mentioned (eg Missing My Mummy kudos "req" wasn't mentioned)

Have any of these requirements been in the same ballpark as two 90+ skills, one of which overwrites an 80 skill requirement that has been explicitly confirmed? (In before someone finds a hyper-pedantic way to argue that that's not confirmed either.)

Also precedent for un-released content stuff in that Philippe post quest visits has two further meet-ups confirmed by the creator at QP levels currently unobtainable.

I shouldn't even need to explain why this is different.

No actual precedent for extra requirements coming from 'last minute' released content - but then teaser-content is very rarely released. Also one has to keep in mind the requirements list was to FULLY complete the quest and get all the rewards

And, notably, did not include a multitude of 90+ skill requirements, and DID include an 80 skill requirement which this content would make redundant.

This is the sort of quest where people are likely to consider "fully completing the quest" to be the bulk of the quest. I'd be very surprised if all those requirements are just for two or three dialogue boxes at the end. If 90 strength and 90 prayer were required for full completion, Jagex would probably have said so, either when the quest was announced or when the teaser content came out. I think that's common sense -- maybe I'm giving Jagex too much credit.

, the only req to start it was 140 combat - so they could strap on anything they like to the fully complete without locking people out the doing the quest itself.

OK, you got me. It's not confirmed. It's also not confirmed that there won't be a door containing all the good post-quest rewards that can only be opened by sacrificing a full inventory of trimmed completionist capes and bribing a guard with 100 piles of max cash three times, each while wearing a different set of POP armour. I suppose that's also a reasonable suggestion.

There's no need for scathing sarcastic response, I was just giving what precedent there has been thus for for requirements changing and unreleased content. Certainly none of it in the same ball park and I even said no direct precedent; just precedents in the same ballpark.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It's been a really long time since the game had an official bestiary. I can vaguely remember the old one. The new one I'm glad for, but less enthused that I have to store stuff on my machine to make it work for any reason.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It's been a really long time since the game had an official bestiary. I can vaguely remember the old one. The new one I'm glad for, but less enthused that I have to store stuff on my machine to make it work for any reason.

Man, I'd almost completely forgotten at one point we had one... I remember them listening the Otherworldly beings as having a level of infinite, which had me scared witless when I first found them, and then disappointed when they were only around lv60 in reality.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

You already store a TON if stuff on your machine that you probably weren't aware of. Search your computer for a folder called .jagex_cache_32

• Like 1

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You already store a TON if stuff on your machine that you probably weren't aware of. Search your computer for a folder called .jagex_cache_32

I don't have that folder. Must be for people that play RuneScape. I'm just a passer-by.

I suppose my point was more toward, why do I have to download anything besides the images? There are sites that make use of HTML5 + JS trickery without needing to store "large amounts of data" on my machine, too.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Local storage is one of the biggest features of HTML5 over other versions of HTML. It's entirely necessary for applications such as this because of how much data needs to be stored. You can't use cookies to store that much data and storing it on the server would require way too much data transfer.

• Like 1

vOpN868.png

Zoom in all the way then crawl. Scariest thing ever I swear.

I dated a girl that looked like that once. :P

OT: I really like the Bestiary, looks pretty epic and it makes it easier (somewhat) to find out a NPC's weakness if you've never been or haven't been in a good while.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

OT: I really like the Bestiary, looks pretty epic and it makes it easier (somewhat) to find out a NPC's weakness if you've never been or haven't been in a good while.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AijPwW2LWy18dE1SMExsYjU2aC12ZVhmSENxS0pUN2c&toomany=true#gid=0 is your friend now. :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

This week's BTS is the same as last week's?

We not had this weeks BTS, they come out on fridays.

Plv6Dz6.jpg