What updates would you like to see in EoC?

Alg

They should automatically target when we click and setup auto attack, but allow us to use ability inbetween if we want. At the very least, we should have the option to automatically have left click target instead of attack.

Also, should automatically path to the enemy if we aren't in range.

Spell/weapon effects should count for abilities (ancient magic effects, etc) these currently only work on auto attack.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

'm shocked at how many people don't even mentio the Wildy zone toggle...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Because many of us like that we can toggle to multiway? I love that on multiway-pvp I can hunt penguins and have practically no PKers, cause they know that they could just be piled by people there.

Serena_Sedai.png

Because many of us like that we can toggle to multiway? I love that on multiway-pvp I can hunt penguins and have practically no PKers, cause they know that they could just be piled by people there.

How does that work? If you attack someone with multi on, your multi gets turned on?

PS: TS Stormrage, I could watch your signature for hours.....

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

You can toggle multiway on or off to determine which group of pkers can attack you. If you have multi on, only other players with multi on can attack you, and vice versa.

A nasty exploit is that you can choose to follow someone, and toggle your multi to match his while he runs away. Your following him doesn't break the toggle timer, and once you've switched over you can proceed to destroy him. My brother had this happen to him quite a bit whilst penguin hunting, which is honestly annoying as hell.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Obviously someone missed the point of the Wilderness...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The Wilderness is the Wilderness and I get it. I shouldn't enter it for the rewards it has if I don't want to die. But honestly, I just want to spy on one of two pengs. I don't wanna mine rune rocks or train on monsters out there. It's not very fun when pk'er takes cheap shots at you knowing you won't fight back. The serious lack of honor is what bothers me at even that level bothers me. I'd understand if I had something on me to lose. But it's not like the pengs give me money on the spot. So it really just waste my time when that happens.

But it is what it is, and as said before, you must expect death to go in, so I just dust my shoulders off and die until I get what I want.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

The Wilderness is the Wilderness and I get it. I shouldn't enter it for the rewards it has if I don't want to die. But honestly, I just want to spy on one of two pengs. I don't wanna mine rune rocks or train on monsters out there. It's not very fun when pk'er takes cheap shots at you knowing you won't fight back. The serious lack of honor is what bothers me at even that level bothers me. I'd understand if I had something on me to lose. But it's not like the pengs give me money on the spot. So it really just waste my time when that happens.

But it is what it is, and as said before, you must expect death to go in, so I just dust my shoulders off and die until I get what I want.

The only reason for them to attack is to increase their kill count for Wildstalker hats. Easy kills for fast levelling.

• Like 1

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Just because I complain about it, and like multi-way toggle the way it is does not mean I don't understand the wilderness. I don't have to like it, and I can certainly enjoy updates which help me.

Serena_Sedai.png

I don't think it's unfair to say they should just revert to old combat. But assuming that's not an option (We all know Jagex will %100 commit to their bad ideas no matter how hated they are, see rock climbers)...

I'd like to see special weapons back. This pseudo combat variety of new abilities and new purposes for previously turd weapons has only made the combat options less varied and taken all the fun out of combat as a whole, especially PVP.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I don't think it's unfair to say they should just revert to old combat. But assuming that's not an option (We all know Jagex will %100 commit to their bad ideas no matter how hated they are, see rock climbers)...

I'd like to see special weapons back. This pseudo combat variety of new abilities and new purposes for previously turd weapons has only made the combat options less varied and taken all the fun out of combat as a whole, especially PVP.

I 200% disagree. I don't think we should go back to a game where ranged was entirely useless and magic was only useful for those with extremely high incomes or in niche situations. There are still some balancing issues, but hopefully they'll be resolved soonish. Special attacks only made crappy weapons good, which was honestly very annoying. Why should level 60 claws be part of a maxed player's arsenal? It makes no sense.

• Like 2

Special attacks only made crappy weapons good, which was honestly very annoying. Why should level 60 claws be part of a maxed player's arsenal? It makes no sense.

More to the point, people justified some of the more broken special attacks by saying that they were balanced because the weapon was so bad, as if that fact balanced how easily some of the specials could trivialize combat to the point where you wouldn't need much else.

I would like to see more weapons with passive effects though.

• Like 4

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

skilling abilities not just combat

bring back 138 combat make so need 96-99 all combat to be max again

2x 99s is a joke =-/

make so att/str lvls matter again too at a % not just what gear we have i know they said will see something like this in April hope its good

90-99 Abilities so far highest is 86

28qrtba.jpg

They also should look at the balance of their abilities vs the levels, because it seems random at the moment (higher lvl abilities don't seem to be more effective...)

• Like 2

Serena_Sedai.png

Combat is actually more varied. Those with the money may use Arma cbow and even the cheapest of use can use black salamanders. Why? They are the same tier and thus share the same damage and accuracy. But a black sally doesn't look very cool does it?

Also, the abilities are actually there...havoc is basically a dclaw special attack. The only difference now is that it can be applied to all dual weilding weapons. The zammy spear special attack, that a basic stun now. The Dark bow and Magic bow special, that's the 2 Shot ability. The special attacks are there, just applicable to multiple weapons, with the goal of giving players a re varity of things to use and as mentioned beofre, keep crappy weapon from being 12m.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

How can you get less varied than rapier+claws/SoA?

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

2x 99s is a joke =-/

Not being able to reach max combat should you choose to train only Magic or Ranged is a joke.

Though they probably should require us to also have 99 Summoning and Prayer to have max combat.

99 attack in any combat stat by itself is a joke really, barely even worth a combat level increase. Two 99s, it depends on which ones, can be alright (e.g. range/mage + hp), but you need 3 minimum (range/mage, hp, def). And for getting at max efficiency for a given style, you need 5 (range/mage, hp, def, pray, summ) plus also overloads. But max combat can't truly be reached until you can perform equally well in all styles.

It should really just be a[highest style] + b[prayer] + c[hp] + d[second-highest style] + e[third style] + f[lowest style]

With styles being [(attack + strength) / 2], [ranged], [summoning] and [magic]. Idk a, b, c, you can fight over that.

D, e and f should depend on the difference between highest and second highest, e.g. it should be 15% for the second style, 10% for the third and 5% for the second, but only if the difference is less than 10-15 levels, because if you're 99 melees and 80 magic, magic isn't going to add to your dps no matter what hybriding you're doing (assuming equipment goes up to t99 of course). So about 15% * (15 - difference)?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Outside the wilderness, there are very few areas where the combat level is actually relevant. On top of that, the combat level system is never going to be fair since it never takes into account the two critical things: inventory and player skills. The inventory is obvious since you can be 99 in all skills, but if you have nothing on you then you're toast to someone that's 50 in all skills and fully armored with food. The player skill comes into play when you have equally decked out players.

Guess the update I'd like to see is allow a free-for-all wilderness option complete with mini-map and player indicators showing who all you can freely attack. Yeah, have a combat formula for things like quests and the PC boats, but give PKrs an option to just kill in the wilderness and not care about what level they're on. Select Free-For-All (along with multi or single way), and players you can attack players that match your mode (single or multi) and either are near your combat level or have also selected free-for-all. On your mini-map they show up as blue dots and you see blue skulls above their heads. White dots and non-skulled players are therefore safe to ignore.

Seriously, outside arbitrary separation in combat areas, is there a real need for combat levels?

• Like 3

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Combat level is an expression of how well-equipped you are for combat from a level perspective, e.g. whether you have the levels for combat or not. As a measurement of that, it currently fails even more than it did pre-EoC, and it'd be good to make it more indicative of what levels you actually have. Of course it's not useful for directly estimating what your opponent can do, but it's easy enough to assume maximum food, and potions are basically always supers or overloads, which aren't that different. Anything less than max food is just a pleasant surprise really.

And FYI, a maxed player in maxed equipment can easily kill a player with all-50s, maxed equipment and max food. Dozens of them, if need be. It's only when they start doing damage (drygore) where you have to be worried. It's actually possible to tank anything below drygores using just t85 equipment with a shield (I've tried, and battle-mage/seasinger + drygore rapier + cks completely rips through a mix of Bandos and battle-mage + chaotic longswords).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I can understand leaving HP, prayer and summon out but I think it should be more adaptive based on combat style.

Eg it should be:

x+def+2

But X should be:

(attack+strength)/2

magic

ranged

(attack+strength+magic)/3

(attack+strength+ranged)/3

(magic+ranged)/2

Subject to weapons equipped, sure it could probably be improved further but at least that way it'd give a more accurate idea of their overall combat prowess for what they are doing.

So like someone 99 att, str, def 50 magic and 10 ranged could be

lvl 200 meleer

lvl 151 mage

lvl 111 ranger

lvl 183 melee/mage

lvl 170 melee/range

lvl 131 mage/range

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue