What updates would you like to see in EoC?

Alg

The level boost from overloads doesn't matter, the damage boost does. Similarly, you need to compare unicorns to other healing methods to decide whether they are useful - healing got changed across the board. Ex. if rocktails heal 1860, and unicorns heal 10%, then unicorns heal at least ~35% less (10% of 12k lp) and sometimes as much as 65% less (10% of 6.5k lp). Pre-EoC, unicorns would heal 15% (of 990 typically, so ~150, but more was possible), brews would heal 15%+20, rocktails would heal 230. That does show you unicorns got worse, also because they used to be 'free' healing (takes no action), but you got to show it properly ;).

• Like 3

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Obviously a new wand is needed but I don't think a chaotic wand is the solution. Mostly because it would devalue virtus significantly.

A tier 75 wand would be good enough, and we might be getting that with the wildy warbands update "mid-high tier" was said.

Magic and Ranged versions of many shields still need to exist, anti-dragon and mirror shield both spring to mind. Especially with lots of dragons being mage weak =/

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I would like to see them cut and paste the combat system in RS07 over the EOC combat system.

All we need is more HP for all the BS overpowered weapons.

Rapier Scape VS Drygore Scape, Rapier Scape VS Drygore Scape....

Same sh*t different day to me, but at least EoC doesn't make me want to have an epileptic seizure when I try to do 'combat'.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Obviously a new wand is needed but I don't think a chaotic wand is the solution. Mostly because it would devalue virtus significantly.

A tier 75 wand would be good enough, and we might be getting that with the wildy warbands update "mid-high tier" was said.

Magic and Ranged versions of many shields still need to exist, anti-dragon and mirror shield both spring to mind. Especially with lots of dragons being mage weak =/

I don't see why everyone else's gameplay should suffer just to artificially keep the cost of a few set of items high forever. That's the same shit they pulled with Nex and those Og Blogs, and the set effects and PoP. I say yay to Chaotic Wand. Oh no, billionaire host's Virtus wand lost 25M in value, what ever shall he do?

------------

Quyneax

The level boost from overloads doesn't matter, the damage boost does. Similarly, you need to compare unicorns to other healing methods to decide whether they are useful - healing got changed across the board. Ex. if rocktails heal 1860, and unicorns heal 10%, then unicorns heal at least ~35% less (10% of 12k lp) and sometimes as much as 65% less (10% of 6.5k lp). Pre-EoC, unicorns would heal 15% (of 990 typically, so ~150, but more was possible), brews would heal 15%+20, rocktails would heal 230. That does show you unicorns got worse, also because they used to be 'free' healing (takes no action), but you got to show it properly .

I was not aware that they changed the damage boost of Ovls when they nerfed the level boost.

As for comparisons, yes, I took the conservative and lazy approach by doing the superficial analysis of just the % of health. At 99 HP in Pre-EoC you could hea 14 per scroll, or 42 for bar. 42/99 hp is roughly 42%, whereas the current Pony heals 30%. That was my thought process anyways. As you correctly point out, the lack of comparison makes it useless. So, thank your explanation.

We need a level 90 wand and book/orb combo and level 90 crossbows really. One of the only positives to come out of this entire debacle was the semi-balancing of combat styles. But now we're back to meleescape and the sooner they upgrade mage/ranged weapons the better.

• Like 1

Asmodean <3

Two things, and two things only:

1: Remove the Wilderness Toggle and bring back the zones.

2: Levels should have a far greater impact on combat. Aka, lvl 99 att/str should hit a helluva lot harder AND more often with a whip, than a lvl 70 attack/ 1 strength person does... This would also go for Magic levels and the dmg your spells and abilities do, as well as Range dmg and accuracy being improved with a higher level... Also Defense should do more for overall (all three styles) armor rating...

Oh yeah how in the world could I forget about that. This is so absolutely mindboggling stupid.

I have my fingers crossed (and my gear ready!) for the future PvP update but I better not expect too much.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I don't see why everyone else's gameplay should suffer just to artificially keep the cost of a few set of items high forever. That's the same shit they pulled with Nex and those Og Blogs, and the set effects and PoP. I say yay to Chaotic Wand. Oh no, billionaire host's Virtus wand lost 25M in value, what ever shall he do?

Or they could make the two sets different in some way that isn't cosmetic. Say, one wand provides air runes and the other has a crit bonus, but other than that they have the same stats. They're apparently working on that sort of thing with armor, would only make sense to do it with weapons as well.

Perhaps the offense-oriented equipment could be boss drops, the defense-oriented gear could be from skills, and the hybrid gear could come from a combination of both, or from minigames. Ultimately that sort of thing could make endgame gear accessible while still preserving the value of boss items, because boss drops would have a nice effect that may end up being better in the end.

5) Strength should affect ranged & magic damage as well.

The variations are a lot.

For example (in my opinion the best one is)

- Strength affects the damage of melee, ranged and magic

- Attack (renamed Accuracy) affects the accuracy of melee, ranged and magic

- A new combat skill - Melee takes all the abilities requirements and melee equipment requirements.

In other words you'll have 3 neutral skills affecting the accuracy, the damage and the defense and 3 class specific skills which affect your Melee techniques, Ranged techniques, Magic techniques and what equipment you can wear.

Something like this would be a good change. Rename Attack to Accuracy and have it apply equally to melee, range and magic just like defense does now. At the same time, Accuracy abilities can be altered to reflect this change and can be used in any combat style. On top of that, all weapons and armor can have the main combat skill in addition to accuracy or defense in order to wield it. Probably would work much better than introducing new skills to balance out attack for melee.

Just a passing thought, what if they created a way for Herblore, Prayer and Summoning to have abilities? These are tertiary support skills for combat with inherent special abilities in and of themselves. Still, a couple of methods to use these skills with the adrenaline bar sounds fun.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Existing Magic weapons changed/new ones introduced that aid using a single specific element of Magic. There should be 4 varieties of dual wield/2h equipment at each tier - one for each element, similar to how melee/Ranged are with their styles determined by their weapons.

I might go so far as to say that one of the 4 elements should be removed/changed so that the three combat styles each have 3 styles of their own. Perhaps air should be changed to simply be a "neutral" attack.

IF I remember correctly using the correct style weakness against an enemy gives you a 15% bonus, so using this neutral style should just give 5% against any of the 3 remaining elements. Melee and Ranged could also have this added, especially considering melee already has/had its own version (controlled).

2dgucz6.png

1. Action bar to be more useful to skilling
  2. More abilities for all combat styles
  3. Balance the hp increase on armours
  4. Magic level to increase your hit so someone using ice barrage with 96 magic would hit less and less frequently then someone with 99 but keeping in mind the difference wouldn't be huge between 96 and 99.
  5. MORE RESOURCES TO SKILL AT!

Just saying, maybe everyone shouldn't just think about improving combat but possbily the whole entire game and its content within e.g skilling, skilling hasn't got all that much attention in ages.

Old non-tier system.

Armour with damage bonuses, especially ones for Range and Magic.

A big broken content fix.

Make ability comboing rewarding, rather than just face rolling all over the keyboard.

More challenging bosses.

Loosening of the tier system to allow items which were once more useful (wizard boots, ranger boots, unholy book) to be more practical again.

Decreased growth of the exponential stat increase. I'd rather they individually stat every item, like they did pre-EoC, instead of just applying a heavy-handed formula based solely on equip requirement.

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

especially considering melee already has/had its own version (controlled).

Controlled is the xp-gain method and can be any of three damage types, slash/stab/crush, depending on the weapon.

@NukeMarine: Why would you want to change attack/rename attack? It doesn't make any sense.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Controlled is the xp-gain method and can be any of three damage types, slash/stab/crush, depending on the weapon.

@NukeMarine: Why would you want to change attack/rename attack? It doesn't make any sense.

Why would you want to make strenght affect to magic and ranged? It doesn't make any sense either.

Point is we have one melee skill too many. We could just combine attack and strenght and call it melee. Just like ranged is ranged and magic is magic. Problem is that it's maybe too hard to do that now.

I also agree that we should get old combat level formula back. It's ridiculous that everyone and their dog is level 200 with barely two 99's to show for it.

u5zhkTY.gif

Strength makes perfect sense to affect ranged (and magic as well, if you want that). Do you know how much strength it actually takes to draw a bow or crossbow (or to throw a javelin for that matter)? Do you know how not similar close combat is to archery? The only thing that all typical 'medieval' weapons all have in common is that they require great physical fitness and strength to use effectively in battle. Depending on your choice of magic, physical strength can also be very important to magical power. "Strength" is just much easier to have as general stat than "technique" - virtually every game with stat points has some form of 'strength' but not many treat it the same as weapon proficiencies, for a reason.

To add to that, strength is also used for things besides combat: fishing and agility, plus some strength-only uses (GWD entrance). Attack has literally no use besides melee combat, and it carries the bulk of melee weapon requirements. Moving all the weapon level requirements to strength would be a huge change.

The simplest and most sensible solution to the 2/1/1 skills for melee/range/mage, that doesn't involve changing the total of skills involved, is making strength work for all combat styles.

• Like 3

Why would you want to make strenght affect to magic and ranged? It doesn't make any sense either.

Point is we have one melee skill too many. We could just combine attack and strenght and call it melee. Just like ranged is ranged and magic is magic. Problem is that it's maybe too hard to do that now.

I also agree that we should get old combat level formula back. It's ridiculous that everyone and their dog is level 200 with barely two 99's to show for it.

but dog=spins

(i do agree, the current system is absolutely shit, doesn't display how skilled people are at alllll.)

• Like 1
meamzed.png

I agree with having strength work for all skills would be fine. It doesn't necessarily have to be physical strength for magic either, because you would be applying your fitness in body towards your magical knowledge.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

"Strength" is just much easier to have as general stat than "technique" - virtually every game with stat points has some form of 'strength' but not many treat it the same as weapon proficiencies, for a reason.

You could probably get away with making attack/accuracy about how well-trained the character is in general, though, so it's not necessarily about technique in a specific style but combat-related knowledge as a whole. Weapon requirements could include it the same way defense (An even more general skill, in terms of flavor) is used for armor requirements.

"Strength" is just much easier to have as general stat than "technique" - virtually every game with stat points has some form of 'strength' but not many treat it the same as weapon proficiencies, for a reason.

You could probably get away with making attack/accuracy about how well-trained the character is in general, though, so it's not necessarily about technique in a specific style but combat-related knowledge as a whole. Weapon requirements could include it the same way defense (An even more general skill, in terms of flavor) is used for armor requirements.

It's possible, but I see no advantage in changing attack over changing strength. Strength makes more sense, and is easier to do.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

I think broadening out strength would be quite cool. I think it's quite silly to have 2 dedicated skills for one combat style and one for each of the others (and I know it was done this way because ranged and magic were originally secondary styles of combat, and they never fixed it when they changed that approach), and strength is the logical choice to bridge that. By the same token, you would also need to make it trainable from all three sides, much like defense. I'd probably keep the dedicated skills as requirements, and then add strength to them as well, much like how defense is often paired with the dedicated skills (magic, ranged, or attack).

In this way, your general combat skills become strength, defense, and health, while the special combat skills (proficiencies) become magic, ranged, and attack (which might make more sense as melee).

If they were to make this change, it might also be a good idea to allow people to swap their attack and strength xp if they choose to do so, since a lot of melee players focus more on strength, and it would be nice to allow them to reflect that focus in their post change levels.