Maxed Players Banned (500m - 2.1bil total xp)

not to excuse them but when this many high level players feel they need to cheat at the game, the game is broken.

Then almost every (semi-)competitive game, and even a number of casual and cooperative games, are broken.

And post-secondary education while we're at it.

• Like 4

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I wasn't thinking about proxies, but what if someone had a harem of catgirls trained to play runescape. When one got tired, another would take place in front of the same computer.

I mean, Jagex wouldn't ban a 100% legit player who plays for 24 hours a day, right?

I mean, it would show they have zero life (or a harm of well trained catgirls). If they are not botting, nothing would happen.

Right? RIGHT?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Tell me, if the account sharing is done from the SAME computer, how can they tell it is being shared? Assume that all the account users don't outright say "i share this account"

That would be pretty much impossible to tell. But if, say, someone in Canada used an account, and then someone in, say, Australia used it within a couple of hours of the user in Canada logging off the same account, then I'd say that is a pretty obvious example of account sharing.

However, I wouldn't think you'd need to be that far apart in order for Jagex to tell the account is being shared. :rolleyes:

Couldn't they just use proxies? I mean if they're sharing a maxed account, likely with hundreds of millions at least, I'd think they'd take basic precautions.

Your avatar is totally hypnotic ... :blink: :wub:

I suppose they could, and some probably do - but at present it doesn't appear that Jagex is really chasing down people who are account sharing, no matter how obvious ti may have become, in some cases. It isn't the flavour of the month at the moment ...

That would be obvious as you point out, but then it's not as obvious as let's say someone, who attempts something like the fire cape and fails repeatedly, and then enlists the help of someone who they know in real life i.e a family member or friend, and has them do it for them, I mean this same person could also use that person to assist them with quests, tasks, anything which requires that player to be able to successfully play the game and make money on it, oh and not to mention the status, of course it does mean how ever, that when Jagex does an update for let's say, the Kiln Cape, it can become obvious in that case because there is a need to hand over the fire cape to complete the kiln cape, now as far as account sharing goes, I think Jagex is aware, they do check, but it concerns them more when the account goes over that line to make obscene amounts of gp and then trade it off into real gold.

But also think that before someone points out area's on a world map such as Canada and Australia, then they should be less of a hypocrite....

oooo I forgot to check Meg!

Updated list here -> http://puu.sh/3jS9x

Total number of banned players: 135

Trimmed Comps: 4

New additions:

Miss deviant - (2496 total)

Smoking Cape - (2496 total)

Path - (2494 total)

Kinnara -

Ping P0ng - (2475+ total)

Xp Magnet/Pleut - (2450+ total)

Fernand50 - (2494 total)

Chickbabe26 - (2450+ total)

Cook 1791 - (2450+ total)

Pi ka - (2496 total)

Base Frog - (2489 total)

Coach h1nes -

Mr Glady - (2478 total)

Agsbr0s - (2491 total)

Baudelaire - (2491 total)

Lol'd @ pleut/xp magnet, gg m8

Skip to 0:37 to see his macro break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjx3YP-uqJ4

lol

Finaly Blow is banned as well... (dungeoneering leech FC)

Love the way HLF is jumping on this. *eats popcorn*

Haha

I'm not really surprised that more and more members for dg selling fcs are banned

Also, DGS... Luol Deng is like the 5th person to get banned from there. The first 4 came from the ban on christmas day.

200m dg xp wiped out, just like that.

Pretty bad rep for a clan like DGS

MPedwPI.png

LOL

3kcHa.jpg

RECENTLY ADDED NAMES

Benj Stifler -

Dapishot - (2496 total)

Pk Noob Br - (2489 total)

Romantics - (2485 total)

Shann - (2488 total)

back 2 play - (2488 total)

Tim Myers - (2496 total, 200m cook)

L3eans - 2474 total)

Kopbrah - (2472 total)

Sheila X - (2484 total)

Timafree - (2470 total)

Darwin - (2496 total)

Edududupo - (2475 total)

Dont Rest - (2484 total, 200m magic)

spaztics - (2235 total)

Flawy - (2479 total)

Failex -

Antnee100 -

Finaly Blow - DG leech fc owner

Trance Avb - http://puu.sh/3kcHa.jpg

Lyfe - (2489 total, 200m mage)

I R Lazy -

Fdeluxe -

Tiedye Nuke

Indeed, there isn't. It would become suspicious, but I guess that if the person realizes that someone is training their account everytime they log out and agreed with it, it would count as account sharing.

Tell me, if the account sharing is done from the SAME computer, how can they tell it is being shared? Assume that all the account users don't outright say "i share this account"

That would be pretty much impossible to tell. But if, say, someone in Canada used an account, and then someone in, say, Australia used it within a couple of hours of the user in Canada logging off the same account, then I'd say that is a pretty obvious example of account sharing.

However, I wouldn't think you'd need to be that far apart in order for Jagex to tell the account is being shared. :rolleyes:

More or less the points I was making. But I do admit now seem pretty difficult as it could be a hacking attempt or a friend just helping. Which would suck, a don't find a one or two time deal that bad tbh. It's the same with me getting my boyfriend to help me on a certain part of Catherine or me helping him in MGS1. He's doing most the work but he's just having a small problem killing Metal Gear Rex twice and vice versa.

Also, haha! Pk noob br. I remember him being a problem for one warband FC before.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

More or less the points I was making. But I do admit now seem pretty difficult as it could be a hacking attempt or a friend just helping. Which would suck, a don't find a one or two time deal that bad tbh. It's the same with me getting my boyfriend to help me on a certain part of Catherine or me helping him in MGS1. He's doing most the work but he's just having a small problem killing Metal Gear Rex twice and vice versa.

Also, haha! Pk noob br. I remember him being a problem for one warband FC before.

Goldennn (2496) was ranked in warband pk as well

lol

Finaly Blow is banned as well... (dungeoneering leech FC)

Love the way HLF is jumping on this. *eats popcorn*

Haha

I'm not really surprised that more and more members for dg selling fcs are banned

Also, DGS... Luol Deng is like the 5th person to get banned from there. The first 4 came from the ban on christmas day.

200m dg xp wiped out, just like that.

Pretty bad rep for a clan like DGS

MPedwPI.png

But, it's all about the efficiency.

I'm really shocked here... :razz:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Luol Deng was/is Redbott, or Redbatt.. The other guy with 200M DG that got banned months ago.

Sad to see a couple people from cwafkers on there. :(.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Yeah there are 6 players from Efficiency Experts who have been banned this wave, a little bit of a shock to be honest.

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

Noticed one of the banned players on there has already acquired a new account through either account sharing or buying it. It's maxed too. Extremely pathetic.

And yeah, 6 members of EE banned. :| Good thing I didn't really know any of them I suppose, although I'm very surprised by one of them.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Just a thought tho, to the erm....account share concerns raised by Blyfant.. When I first began Runescape, yes it was in the rules, along with multiple account login's etc... these rules have changed, bit like the Old Testament and the New I guess if you want a comparison, so Jagex has changed its rulings and you can argue about the past as much as you want, but now, you can log in on multiple accounts, just not in the same world etc oh and for the update of the account sharing, it did use to be on the report system, but for the life of me, I cannot find it now...

84a8e9b2a2.png

Interesting...

I'm pretty sure it was removed from the report interface because there's no real way for a player ingame to tell someone is sharing accounts unless they openly admit to it, in which case a report under "encouraging rule breaking" or "disruptive behaviour" is more apt, depending on the context.34nmq7t.jpg

• Like 1

Jagex's reasons for account sharing being against the rules was account security and the unfairness to other players. Recently their take on account security has been, "It's up to you," and I think we all know their ideals of fair gameplay went out the window with SoF.

But hey, it helps for things like when people can't get their own firecapes. ;).

Jagex is aware, they do check, but it concerns them more when the account goes over that line to make obscene amounts of gp and then trade it off into real gold.

This. I know of multiple account sharers and can confirm 100% that Jagex also knows about them - they don't care.

09144a99bb.png

I'm pretty sure it was removed from the report interface because there's no real way for a player ingame to tell someone is sharing accounts unless they openly admit to it, in which case a report under "encouraging rule breaking" or "disruptive behaviour" is more apt, depending on the context.34nmq7t.jpg

Yeah it's very clearly expressed in the rules:

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Rules_of_RuneScape#Honour

o0p1fd.png

Jagex's reasons for account sharing being against the rules was account security and the unfairness to other players. Recently their take on account security has been, "It's up to you," and I think we all know their ideals of fair gameplay went out the window with SoF.

You always bring this up as though it's some excuse for cheating. But it isn't.

• Like 2

nyuseg.png

Well, that depends entirely on your definition of cheating. I don't get butthurt if someone shares an account and therefore getting faster XP then myself. I don't see that as cheating. You can't really give a damn about that when someone can spend a couple of dollars on the SoF and get faster XP rates then you ever could. I don't see it as cheating if someone who's literally incapable of getting their own firecape or doing a specific quest and has someone else do it for them. Apparently you do. My progress and feeling of self-accomplishment in RuneScape has nothing to do with the player beside me.

And yes, if Jagex has a "rule", knows the names of specific people breaking these "rules", they even knowingly talk to both account owners on said accounts, and they themselves don't give a damn, why wouldn't I use it? The only reason they have that "rule" is so that when someone gets compromised because of it they can say, "Well, we told you so."

09144a99bb.png

The only reason they have that "rule" is so that when someone gets compromised because of it they can say, "Well, we told you so."

This. And this is true of every company; Jagex can literally get sued if someone is compromised. Is it like they'll lose? No, intellectual property rights favor Jagex. But they aren't stupid enough not to cover their bases in the most simply way by saying "Here is a rule, don't break it."

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]