[9-7-2013] Bringing Home the Bacon

Miss Lioness

Since I came back home on Friday off my holiday I've had so much trouble logging in and playing RS. FPS issues, you name it. My laptop has been laggy since about 6 months into owning it (it's almost 4 years old now...), and I've rebooted it several times over the years and had it sent off and "fixed" etc. But never in all my time playing RS has it ever been this bad. Like... It's even a job to log in a do ports nowadays. I sincerely have no idea what's up. It was working well with my normal average ~10FPS on the lowest settings I could muster on Sunday. Laptop had been switched off for the 4 days of holiday, then I come back and boom. Often taking 5-10 seconds between each action for anything to happen... Even typing messages.

Anyone else been having major problems with RS since the update?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Just about everyone's been having problems pretty much since the Vorago update. Lag, low fps, random disconnects, entire worlds going offline...you name it. Something's gotten majorly bugged up the last couple of weeks.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

..I don't get it. Where is the text from?

Town crier, it was the first person I came across I could actually converse with after I got the jellyhead.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

grrr... they did not think this quest through when they made it! familiars you get from guy after quest are random. Cant just get daily pray pigs if thats what you want. Cant even note the familiars so you have to drop ones you'll never use 1 by 1.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

grrr... they did not think this quest through when they made it! familiars you get from guy after quest are random. Cant just get daily pray pigs if thats what you want. Cant even note the familiars so you have to drop ones you'll never use 1 by 1.

Can't you turn them into the ogre guy for shards?

TBH the pigs should be tradable.. But they should list their tiers in the name.

Prayer Pig T1, Prayer Pig T2, ect.

Can't be summoned without the quest, AND the perquisite upgrade built

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

cant note them and there only 6 shards each. it would take forever to get even a small amount of charms even if you could trade them in. Not sure if they can be traded for shards though.

I hate how summoning is now tbh. I would love if all combat familiars were tiered. not like iron and steel titans. But at a certain summoning level when you summon a wolf say instead of being the lv 1 wolf it would be a dire wolf, ice wolf ect. and level up with your summoning level. then at least there would be some use for the scrolls for weaker combat familiars and would let us have more variety rather then just titan.

• Like 1

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

cant note them and there only 6 shards each. it would take forever to get even a small amount of charms even if you could trade them in. Not sure if they can be traded for shards though.

I hate how summoning is now tbh. I would love if all combat familiars were tiered. not like iron and steel titans. But at a certain summoning level when you summon a wolf say instead of being the lv 1 wolf it would be a dire wolf, ice wolf ect. and level up with your summoning level. then at least there would be some use for the scrolls for weaker combat familiars and would let us have more variety rather then just titan.

I wish you didn't have to click 17 times to have them hit an enemy, then watch steel of legends do 56-32-109-304.

Edit: And if they actually made combat familiars other than steel titan useful, we would have variety as things like spirit dagannoth and moss titan would be worth using. It doesn't have to be some super overpowered instant killing special, just enough to make it worth the cost of the pouch + the extra apm using it.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Is the titan even still worth it. I haven't heard much hype about him since EOC.

The only use I've seen so far is at tds for making it switch prayers, but I find it easier to simply switch weapons.

Other than TDs I've only seen him at QBD; I remember steel titans being everywhere (or at a lot more places).

Inb4PepperidgeFarm

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Other than TDs I've only seen him at QBD; I remember steel titans being everywhere (or at a lot more places).

Inb4PepperidgeFarm

Because combat familiars sucked. Steel titan was only spared the fate of his fellows because he had a ridiculously powerful special attack....gee what else does that remind me of?

Its a pointed joke.

The game doesn't need item sinks.

It just needs new content.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I would have thought dead on arrival was more common

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

You have everything on your desk perfectly in order as you settle down to play the new bacon quest. You finished fattening up Mr. Hamlet and constructing the Pig Machine. You breezes through rest of the dialogue, and finally reaches the Quest Reward screen.<p>

Then it hits you.

This is the pinnacle.

This is the best that RuneScape has to offer for me.

Everything I've dreamed and accomplished until now has led up to this one moment of ecstasy.

Nothing will be the same.

Nothing can compare.

While bossing, you just remember the bacon.

Unlocking PoP, you remember the bacon.

When you finish TWW, the bacon.

Quest Cape, unlocking pincer, max cape, trimmed Completist, EVERYTHING.The bacon.

Only the bacon.

Forever the bacon.

•  

• Like 4

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

7ev.png

I know we've been asking for an item sink for ages, but I don't think this is quite what we had in mind.

Is this what they're going to call all of the random disconnects and world crashes? I'm sure it has managed to claim much more than my bank was ever worth.

Tg_Ibe.png