[9-7-2013] Bringing Home the Bacon

Miss Lioness

• The level requirement to use ammo with certain Ranged weapons has now been removed. Damage will now cap at the lowest level between the bow and the ammo.

Has anyone tried playing around with this yet? It says "certain weapons"....so does that mean I can use momentum with royal bolts with my ccb/runecb combo now or is it restricted to unique (read:useless/obscure) weapons? And if that's the case, does it count as rune bolts for both or just the offhand's ammo?

Quest was ok, rewards are pretty crappy though. Kinda expected more out of the familiars, and bacon is just annoying to deal with due to that stacking. Will say that I like the pie, a +5 to farm/summ is pretty nice. Too bad I already leveled enough to be able to use stranger plant/garden pie for anything I need now.

• The level requirement to use ammo with certain Ranged weapons has now been removed. Damage will now cap at the lowest level between the bow and the ammo.

Has anyone tried playing around with this yet? It says "certain weapons"....so does that mean I can use momentum with royal bolts with my ccb/runecb combo now or is it restricted to unique (read:useless/obscure) weapons? And if that's the case, does it count as rune bolts for both or just the offhand's ammo?

Quest was ok, rewards are pretty crappy though. Kinda expected more out of the familiars, and bacon is just annoying to deal with due to that stacking. Will say that I like the pie, a +5 to farm/summ is pretty nice. Too bad I already leveled enough to be able to use stranger plant/garden pie for anything I need now.

Stev said using Ascension crossbow and OH chaotic crossbow nerfed the t90 ammo to t80. So I assume in your case it would nerf the lot to rune bolts.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Stev said using Ascension crossbow and OH chaotic crossbow nerfed the t90 ammo to t80. So I assume in your case it would nerf the lot to rune bolts.

Thanks. Bah. Guess ccb will be tank only for me....back to royalcb til I go back to dg.

Thanks. Bah. Guess ccb will be tank only for me....back to royalcb til I go back to dg.

It only nerfs it down to t50 damage on the rune crossbow, your ccb will still get t80 damage.

Works as if you wielded a chaotic claw and offhand rune dagger, for instance.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Waterbirth and BA armors being made into power armor are the best parts of this update in my opinion. I'm surprised they listened and implemented it. Back to grinding ports skills in anticipation of the yet again unmentioned ports update...

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Wonder if BA being power armour will rekindle the game a bit *looks at non-maxed collector role*

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

By as soon as I log in I meant when I get a chance to play

That's exactly what I was replying to. Sure, there is a chance that there is nothing wrong with a low-level oriented, extra short quest. But recent updates have shown it is best to stay away from new content as far as possible (even avoiding to log in on the day of update).

Well, to each his own. I haven't had any problems with much of any release content that I've done, so I'll still be claiming my cape back today.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Wonder if BA being power armour will rekindle the game a bit *looks at non-maxed collector role*

Suppose it depends. Aren't they lvl 50? And I forgot what lvl the fremmy armor is, if it's similar, then I doubt it.

Boredom, attacking dummies:

ccb+runecb: 867 + 289 = 1156

Crits w/ piercing shot (125%): 1449-1511 = 1159-1208

Rcb: 1936 = ~1277? (average speed is damage * 0.66, right?)

Crits w/ piercing shot (125%): 1643-1688 = 1314-1350

Figured they'd fix the ammo bit soon, just thought it would take them longer than this.

No, because Rock-shell/Spined/Skeletal armours are better in every aspect.

Yeah, I really have to wonder what the devs were thinking when they said "Let's stat Penance gear as level 40!!!" -.-

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I've completed the quest, was quite fun but a little time consuming for some of the basic tasks you were asked to do.

I've got 14 mounds of bacon sitting in my back as well. Overall good quest and seems like it works fine on day 1.

A while ago (couple of weeks tops) Barbarian Assault was going smoothly, no problem at all, on world 6.

Anyway BA armour really should be better, considering it takes as long as one regular void set to get (roughly, counting Penance gloves/boots/skirt/top/helm). The prayer restore thing is pretty bad, it'd be nicer if it was t55 or upgradeable like elite void/master penance trident.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

What's it say for those of us stuck in a land where [scamSite]scape STILL doesn't load.

Edit: Pro censoring there of the frigging rs website -.-

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Glutton for Nourishment

Glutton for Nourishment Released 9th July 2013 Length 3:27 Members Yes Requirements Bringing Home the Bacon Location None Hint Unknown [Edit] Composer David Osborne

Unlocked for completing the Bringing Home the Bacon quest.

Edit SectionLyrics

When I swing through town

In my bacon gown

I'm Notorious P.I.G.

I'm a snouted stallion

With a pork medallion

And an onion ring or three

Never be afraid of what they'll say

Dance in your pig suit every day

There's joy inside a bacon duffle

And a great big pocket to hold your truffles

I got the swill

to pay the bills

On the decks you'll see pork scratching.

I mince to the beat

in my tailored meat

Like swine flu, the tune is catching.

When life's getting rough

Chow down on a truff'

I need no encouragement.

I'm the king of the banquet

In a bacon blanket,

A glutton for nourishment.

It's understandable

To have a wet mandible

When I'm wiggling my hind.

It's clear from this song

There ain't nothing wrong

With a coat of bacon rind.

Categories: Members content | Music

A while ago (couple of weeks tops) Barbarian Assault was going smoothly, no problem at all, on world 6.

I have to see this to believe this. (and will see about that tomorrow, screens coming up)

I just hope EoC did not change BA so much that my skills would become useless.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Upcoming slayer masks:

Mask of Dust → Helm of Devilry: Dust devils

Mask of Gelatin → Jellyhead: Jelly

Mask of Granite → Helm of Grotesquery: Gargoyles

Mask of Mourning → Helm of Keening: (???)

Mask of Vines → Helm of Mutation: Mutated jadinkos

5 new masks could be found on quick chat, 5 new helms. The relationship and monster it corresponds to are totally non-confirmed, though.

Edit: Found the last helm.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

It's nice to finally see runescape content for once instead of wowscape.

I'll login for this as the last two months have been loyalty point months.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Upcoming slayer masks:

Mask of Dust → Helm of Devilry: Dust devils

Mask of Gelatin → Jellyhead: Jelly

Mask of Granite → Helm of Grotesquery: Gargoyles

Mask of Mourning → Helm of Keening: (???)

Mask of Vines → Helm of Mutation: Mutated jadinkos

5 new masks could be found on quick chat, 5 new helms. The relationship and monster it corresponds to are totally non-confirmed, though.

Edit: Found the last helm.

Mask of Mourning → Helm of Keening: Banshees

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

OR Dark Beasts

OR Aberrant spectres

OR Spiritual x

All could make sense.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

OR Dark Beasts

OR Aberrant spectres

OR Spiritual x

All could make sense.

If it weren't for the fact that it's in an official newspost. Excerpt from the BTS below:

We're also releasing a new batch of slayer masks. In the same way as the previous set, these masks can increase your Slayer XP on certain assignments and have various other benefits to those looking to slay their namesake creatures. They look really cool too! Creatures featured in this set include banshees, dust devils, gargoyles and jadinkos.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

wow I would love a dark beast mask. I like the mask concept, just wish they existed for better tasks. Banshees, jellies, jadinkos, and dust devils aren't exactly good tasks in my opinion and the name of Mask of Mourning makes much more sense for dark beasts. Don't think we will get that though

Sugar_Nana.png