[9-7-2013] Bringing Home the Bacon

Miss Lioness

Edit: Pro censoring there of the frigging rs website -.-

What were you even TRYING to say? RuneScape / Runescape don't censor to that. Is it possible you made a bad typo?

services dot runescape

services.runescape and services.runescape.com are not on the censor list. I think you made a typo. :) PM an admin though if you find a wonky word that should be (or shouldn't be!) censored though!

hzvjpwS.gif

They still do early bird bonuses, but they have never applied them to ALL quests or all updates, just random hard to achieve things (usually due to moderately high reqs) that could be considered a challenge to beat in the first week.

Early bird bonus: double drops on Vorago for the first week :twisted:

services.runescape and services.runescape.com are not on the censor list. I think you made a typo. :) PM an admin though if you find a wonky word that should be (or shouldn't be!) censored though!

New releases can make for some pretty humorous censors though. Like when the swanky boots came out and every time someone tried to say it, it came up as s[bleep]y. :lol:

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Amusing quest. Rewards seem to be more for low to mid-level players, but I'm OK with that.

My daughter does not play (yet) but she worships at the altar of bacon. However, I could not lure her away from her anime when I was doing the quest... hmm...

I liked the quest, nice to get a quest that's not trying to be all epic and world changing every once in a while. I did get a litle tired of all the " I'm a insane murderer (poorly) trying to hide it from the adventurer"-jokes. I guess that there's a lot of references / undertext I'm not catching, since I'm not british, nor english speaking, but I still laughed a few times. :)

Well that's certainly a reason to use them now, at least the pack pigs. At the highest level around 50mins for a familiar inbetween a War tortoise and a Pack Yak. Even if it's 4 more space, that's four more pieces of food, potions, etc...

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

yay pray pigs might be useful now. 200 pray per 2 mins for 50 mins for highest pig. 5800 pray restore per inventory space. awsome. highest pig heals 800 pray right?

no fix to pork pies? It would have been at least somewhat useful if it healed two bites of 1080 instead of 1 bite.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

What does it mean 1/4 prayer points every two minutes, like, if I have 990 prayer points it'll restore me 247 every 2 minutes?

i think it might be 1/4 of the amount the pig heals?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

It's wearing a prayer altar. And it would be like the altars in GWD and DG, so I think it means the prayer of the pig restores every 2 minutes, so you can get about 200 pray points per 2 minutes from it, as it normally gives 800 or so pray points initially. :)

Now that I think about it, I suppose the question remains will you get 88 crafting/construction/summoning or go all the way to 96 summoning?

I mean, a lot of players do have incentive to max and have good ways of going about it. But doesn't that cost of a t3 prayer/pack pig seem higher than a pack yak you can stuff prayer potions in?

I still think the rewards are useful now that they've changed a few things and I would very much love my pack pig if I can manage the craft/con requirements. I for all I know those 88 requirements could be cheap, what with warbands, the free exp D&Ds and some good gp/xp methods. Since I'm going for 90 base stats I'll likely get him before a yak, but for the non maxing regular who will level what skill they want are they even looking at the pig still?

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

it's 84, not 88

in any case, 96 summoning requires like, 2.2 times more exp than 84 summoning, so not really sure if it's more cost effective

Don't you also need to get 84 construction and some other skill?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I was under the impression it was 88 in summoning/crafting/construction since that is what the first post says. But thanks for correcting me. A new summoning familiar is closer than I thought then.

EDIT: So I threw around some number from a possible path a player might take training skills to see would it be better to go to just 96 summoning or 84 crafting/construction/summoning for a T3 pig. This doesn't assume any quest done (except Wolf Whistle) or any free exp from lamps, Troll Invasion, Tears of Guthix, etc.

I took most of this from runescape wikia and tip it so everything I listed may not be cost effective or efficient; it's an potential path, not the best path.

[hide]

Construction:
1-33: wooden chair: ~278k
33-74: ~18k oak planks/Oak larder: ~10m
74 to 84: ~31k oak planks/Dungeon door: ~17.5m

Crafting:
1-8: 59 leather gloves: ~17.7k
8-10: 11 Bowls: 2145gp
10-16: 107 bow strings: 3210gp
16-28: 162 Holy symbols: 25434gp
28-38:560 Hard leather bodies : ~250k
38-54: 3256 coif: ~960k
54-84: 28006 water battlestaves: ~270m - 248m = ~22m
Total Cost: 51m

Summoning
1-16: Wolf whistle/266 Dreadfowl: 126k: 1596 shards return from Bogrog (shards are sold back for 25gp each)
16-22: 241 Granite Crabs: 96k: 1205 shards
28-32: 114 Compost Mound: 141k: 3762 shards
32-46: 396 Honey Badger: ~920k: 23364 shards
47-49: 82 Pyrelords: ~230k: 6396 shards
49-61: 981 Bloated leeches: ~3m: 80442 shards
61-64: 1060 Ibis: ~3m: 81620s
64-74: 2450 Straner Plants: ~11.2m: 220500 shards
74-84: 4845 Granite Lobsters: ~22.4m:566865 shards
Total Summoning Cost (84): 41.2m - 22.7m = 18.5m

84-96: 14759 Swamp Titans (71.6m:1549695 shards) or 2170 Lava titans (12m:334184 shards) and 6184 Guyser Titans (68.4m:964704 shards)
Summoning Total (96): 112.4m - 63.7m to 121.6m - 57m = 48.7m to 64.6m

[/hide]

There is only about a 5m difference in terms of cost from a pack pig and pack yak so skipping the pig and heading to a pack yak sounds worth it. But it really depends on player objectives (use of the other two pigs, goals, etc).

29386_s.gif

a yak has more uses than a pig, though, as you can bank with it.

though OFC I'm biased because I realized I had enough charms for 96.. But still.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

a yak has more uses than a pig, though, as you can bank with it.

though OFC I'm biased because I realized I had enough charms for 96.. But still.

No disagreement there. Again, depending on how you play, the pig is a very useful BoB or a afterthought to a yak.

29386_s.gif

So we know that this thing:

POJf5Nz.jpg

Also boosts Farm and Summ levels by 5, yet eats the whole pie at once, including shell...

Any idea what the Pigswill and Mature Pigswill boost by? They do boost the same skills, that much I know...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!