11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

BZTp3hO.png

so um...

[hide]

I had one from yesterday, just thought I'd scare everyone a bit. :twss:

[/hide]

Fully expected, I have done it myself on many occasions :P

After maxing ship and with 8-10 lvl crew, should I send Marchants for trade goods?

The only time you'd not send a merchant is either for XP or Scrolls, otherwise merchant goes on the ship after the captain (even before JoD).

However, I would not use a merchant if the trade voyage yields 3 or less trade goods (since merchant doesn't have an effect with those).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

L7xERNf.png

Wat do. :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Fire a Harem

• Like 2

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

I definently need some guidance with my ports management. The only thing I didn't picture here was that I have 3 ships with the jade level rudder and all the cherrywood upgrades.

My goal is full superior sea singer and tetsu.

FDVBSbJ.png

ECMyInY.png

Dynastyfan0.png

Knock all your basics to at most 6 (except Seafaring crew, get at most 4 and hire one more sea witch), then get 2 merchants

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png

Knock all your basics to at most 6 (except Seafaring crew, get at most 4 and hire one more sea witch), then get 2 merchants

That makes me think of some general questions.

-First, when do I do my story missions? I grinding 90 fishing (getting 85 in a few minutes) right now.

-With a jade merchant on board, what's an acceptible success % to send mission out? I don't like sending normal resource missions with less than 70% chance.

-Am I doing it wrong by sending all 3 of my ships on jade resouce missions each day? I usually start the day with my special voyages (1 or 2) which take about 11 hours each. I do those right before bed. Then the rest of the day I just run jade missions as they return. I'm kind of thinking that's stupid and I should be sending 2 ships for jade but rotating my third with shorter missions so I can get more missions done each day.

-I guess this is the big question, am I supposed to be racing to finish the pincers before I really think about making the amour?

Dynastyfan0.png

lkwjSyA.png

Wat do again. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

I believe you have the ideal crew setup.

Now just try to get your last oxhead in the 3rd crew slot because there's no need for any new crew members other than perhaps captain. Unless you're going for traits.

1 chi off SS Hood. Blew a bunch of boosters on 5 chi mission just to guarantee 100%. Sea Singer Hood tomorrow, woo!

170/200 Lacquer. No scrolls for it, or 90 Crafting even, so whatever.

2dgucz6.png

Sent a joint acquisition for 10 lacquer and gambled a bit sending it at 80% with a merchant. Ballsy? Yeah, but I want that damn death lotus top finished. 36 lacquer from completion and this might knock it down to 23.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I believe you have the ideal crew setup.

Now just try to get your last oxhead in the 3rd crew slot because there's no need for any new crew members other than perhaps captain. Unless you're going for traits.

3/5 of my SF crew have +100 Moral traits, one has Seafarer, the other nothing, and I have a cowardly Tiger Rider, which I'll replace soon.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Just sent out my first final trio story mission, only had one booster left and got it to 61% (3x 12k) success rate that way. Is that ok?

It's around 61% ok, 39% not ok.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just sent out my first final trio story mission, only had one booster left and got it to 61% (3x 12k) success rate that way. Is that ok?

Alright, but why 39%? It looks like a random number

AbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedHeroDpser20.png

Alright, but why 39%? It looks like a random number

61+ 39=100

61% success rate = 39% fail rate.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That is when 1 use boosters come in handy. I made sure I had 3 of each SF, Combat and Morale boosters before attempting it, and use it all in one go. I managed to get around 80% or so (can't remember the exact figure) with all 3x3 active

tim_chenw2.png

Yeah I think I'll save them up this time. It had been weeks since I got this mission so I was using them on other resource missions. Also it would have helped if I hadn't just got my fourth oxhead which is still level 0.

My crew members are mostly level 10 now, including my [bleep]ing multi-talented Tiger Rider. :)

A few of them, however, still have negative traits. It just didn't seem worth it to replace at the time that they were low level because I didn't have the resources, and it didn't seem worth it later because by then they were pretty high leveled (and now, for that matter). None of them really have the downs though, just a few like feeble, mutinous, liability, slow-witted, and albatross. Out of all those liability is the only one that could hurt (-1% combat). Funny that it's on a Tiger Rider too.

It'd be great if they released missions that randomly removed negative traits or something. Unfortunately it seems like PoP was a kind of "Construction" release - brought out in a huge chunk and forgotten about for a half a year or more.

2dgucz6.png

i wish you could just remove traits altogether so that you can minmax em

I was just thinking the same thing earlier today...

The prospect of finding a traitless captain to get your favorite assortment of traits is slightly mindboggling.

hzvjpwS.gif