11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Sounds exactly like me, I didnt get that 4th one until sometime last week, and I have been in pincers for a good 2 months

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Failed my last story mission ever at 85%... -.- wtf Jagex

Yeah, why doesn't Jagex understand statistics? Everyone knows 85% means you can't fail.

It means there's a small chance it will fail. Of course it would when I've been waiting for the mission for 5 or more days.

That happens far too often, especially with trio voyages (when they come back, they nuke any undone specials for that day, so try to set it up where it comes back with nothing left).

51st scroll complete - one more for full armor scrolls, then to do the useless scrims I have left. I'm essentially at the ports end game now - all scrolls I care about done, ship/crew/port upgrades finished (with 4 jade statues). Now it's just stockpiling trade goods to sell stuff.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

jade statue increases chances of rolling a trade good voyage

however, it will be largely random if it isn't coming from a specific adventurer

From what I understand the ideal icon set-up for stainless steel is two whale head trophies and a mammoth head. I'm trying to figure out the ideal icon set-up for chi globes.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

however, it will be largely random if it isn't coming from a specific adventurer

From what I understand the ideal icon set-up for stainless steel is two whale head trophies and a mammoth head. I'm trying to figure out the ideal icon set-up for chi globes.

Double occultist and missionary.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Double occultist and missionary.

Ok Good then I did it right.

EDIT: No good special voyage... Rerolled voyages for a 30 spice, 5 bone and 5 chi. The 5 chi, if successful will be me at 10 chi from sea singer bottom.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I don't think this has happened, but has anyone gotten Shattered Heart strange rocks from any activities in POP? I was hoping to get some cooking ones from making Rocktail Soup, but it seems that's not an option. I submitted a bug report today regardless, hoping they add them in for not just soup but making armor and scrimshaws as well.

6fee7fbcfe.png

77th to reach 99 Hunter, December 25, 2006.

That would be nice, but I imagine since the rate you can make them is pretty low (except rocktail soup?) that they may not have considered it. They definitely should add it though, as long as the rock never shows up if you inventory is full (no chance to destroy items!)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

That would be nice, but I imagine since the rate you can make them is pretty low (except rocktail soup?) that they may not have considered it. They definitely should add it though, as long as the rock never shows up if you inventory is full (no chance to destroy items!)

I imagine the amount of rage people would have at getting a rock while making port items would discourage this.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I send them out as filler voyages (IE if you rerolled the voyages and that's all you have got, go for it anyway). But I'd only keep the 400 and 700 steel missions, and definitely reroll anything lower.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

What do you do once you no longer need resources? Should I just reroll my daily voyages until I get trade goods or do I complete missions anyway, just to stockpile them in case of a future update?

A bit of both. I try to send out a single wave of my ships each day for the Crew exp and chance at randoms. Use every roll you can trying for trades, but if not send out whatever steel you can just to preoccupy all 4 ships.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Absolutely nothing from ports tonight. NOTHING! Bullshit...

I had that y'day =C!

Today it choice between 10 Lacquer or a scroll. I chose Lacquer because, well next month is nearing and I still need 2 pieces before full superior sets: Lacquer Hood (15 from it atm, 5 if the mission succeeds) and Sea Singers Bottom (20 needed)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

(15 from it atm, 5 if the mission succeeds)

You should be using a merchant to get 13 instead of 10.

That would leave me with 2 for my last piece so it doesn't matter voyage wise, then you'll want to get the best % chance on succeeding ;)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

It still do matter, since you don't have the lacquer voyage rolled (at least i dont think you do anyway).

My state earlier about "if the number of voyages is the same" applies only if you know for 100% sure that merchant will not help at all in any shape or form.

In your case, since you didn't bring a merchant, you'd have to roll a 5 lacquer voyage to get your DL hood, had you sent it with merch now, you only need to roll a 2 lac voyage or better to finish your DL, which is more likely than rolling a 5 lac

tim_chenw2.png