11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

always use a merchant, and prioritize scrolls early (scroll missions get harder as you go, trade good and story missions get easier)

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

In today's patch notes it said something about increasing the kept on death value of PoP gear so it protects over other things now. Does anyone want to sacrifice a superior hood or something to see if the floor value of 133k/trade good still holds true?

Lawls...

2496 total achieved June 30, 2013

always use a merchant, and prioritize scrolls early (scroll missions get harder as you go, trade good and story missions get easier)

Scrolls don't get harder. End-game, they are 95%+ for m/c singles, 90% for s singles and duals. You probably aren't going to get those rates on early scrolls.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Scrolls don't get harder. End-game, they are 95%+ for m/c singles, 90% for s singles and duals. You probably aren't going to get those rates on early scrolls.

oops bad wording. Scrolls are harder in that they take longer (scroll voyage time increases with regions).

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

My last scroll for ss bottom was sent out at 89% in the bowl yesturday. I don't think I have gotten one that high up to this point. It fail though...lol.

Dynastyfan0.png

What's my early priority for spending resources? Port upgrades, ship upgrades or crew hiring?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

and I no longer have the best second best I mean third best armor in the game

Nex>?>pop?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Void?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

What's my early priority for spending resources? Port upgrades, ship upgrades or crew hiring?

Usually it goes rudders first and new ship (if available).

And then upgrade crew, but not too fast. Don't want to end up with only level 1 crews in new region. It's often best to mix it up, replace one of each kind of crew before getting a 2nd.

And then somewhere in the middle upgrade the ship and the port.

and I no longer have the best second best I mean third best armor in the game

Nex>?>pop?

Void>Nex>GWD>Ports

If you don't need any defence, which you DO now. I've been getting beaten up pretty good while using bandos on slayer tasks, and I can only imagine that big bosses will require more sufficient defence to take down efficiently.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

O well, free ~400m.

This :D

Cue "rich get richer" rants.

:twss:

Wow if only I had used money to make money and reached level 90 in a couple of buyables which then would've allowed me to make use of yet another giant [bleep] up from jagex to turn my 0gp invested into ports into 5130835801508505138351gp. IT JUST ISN'T FAIR.

But yeah, I'm also going to have to add a +# to what Leik said.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Well sent out a 5 lacquer, 7 chi and 5 plate all around 84%. I'm 12 plate and 19 lacquer from obtaining superior tetsu helm and sea singer hood.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Okay. So.

Ignoring the fact that a few players appeared to get significantly richer with the Let's Turn Your Useless Superior Port Armor Into Cash Bonanza™, Jagex changed the value of superior drops considerably:

Guys, i'm pretty sure the ports dropping on death has been hotpatched, a friend of mine just tried tetsu superior legs and only got 1.2m, so don't do it :P

Tradeable leg armor drops for, what, 4.5m? Or it did anyways. If Jagex changed it today so that it drops much less than what it used to (and presumably would change the helmet/body armor pieces as well), this could conceivably cut the value of tradeable ports armor by 75% or so. Suddenly my 3.95m sea singer hoods could be worth less than 1m, etc etc.

I am getting way more aggravated at this than I should be, but I would prefer not to have a bunch of bug abusers kick me in the crotch with their +400m gains only for Jagex to step on my face afterward and completely wreck what little profit ports had left.

EDIT: Grammar error.

• Like 2

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Wow if only I had used money to make money and reached level 90 in a couple of buyables which then would've allowed me to make use of yet another giant [bleep] up from jagex to turn my 0gp invested into ports into 5130835801508505138351gp. IT JUST ISN'T FAIR.

For what it's worth, my post wasn't entirely serious.

The part that is serious is that it's basically a bug. Apparently having 90+ in a few buyables is enough of a reason that we won't even bring up the bug abuse rule. But then, we already knew that. :twss:

For what it's worth, my post wasn't entirely serious.

The part that is serious is that it's basically a bug. Apparently having 90+ in a few buyables is enough of a reason that we won't even bring up the bug abuse rule. But then, we already knew that. :twss:

It was intentionally done though. In this week's patch notes, they said something along the lines of "Lost on death value of Ports armor has been increased."

I'm not sure why they thought it would be a good idea to tie the lost on death value up with Nex prices, but it certainly wasn't an unintentional change.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

It was intentionally done though. In this week's patch notes, they said something along the lines of "Lost on death value of Ports armor has been increased."

I'm not sure why they thought it would be a good idea to tie the lost on death value up with Nex prices, but it certainly wasn't an unintentional change.

Then yeah, just another Jagex [bleep]-up. :razz:

I would bet that the drop on death values were even intentional, people abusing that to make money however, wasn't.

DM0Yq2c.png

So would it have been fine if you got pked by a random and that guy received 66M, as opposed to you getting killed by a friend who passes 66M to you?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

generally, for the earlier regions it was more cost effective to get the crew hired early on so that they could level up, as opposed to saving up for a flat gain which would not be as effective as hiring and leveling crew equal to the cost, but later on, the rudder is necessary for cutting down some of the voyage times. in the last two regions, the benefits of the rudder upgrade taper off a bit, though.

the ONLY reason you wouldn't go for crew first is if you're largely reckless and get your crew killed often...but that would just make you a bad player in general

note that basic crew is usually better to go for than advanced crew types that may cut into your bottom line if you aren't sure why you're buying them, or if you're about to enter a new region and that crew type wouldn't be that useful in that context

8f14270694.jpg

So would it have been fine if you got pked by a random and that guy received 66M, as opposed to you getting killed by a friend who passes 66M to you?

No, I just doubt jagex knows better.

DM0Yq2c.png

note that basic crew is usually better to go for than advanced crew types that may cut into your bottom line if you aren't sure why you're buying them, or if you're about to enter a new region and that crew type wouldn't be that useful in that context

I agree and disagree. The Golems follow this rule yes (since their total stats are less than the current region's basic crew), but the voyage unlock crews are still useful for double voyages involving their stats, and some of their effects can actually aid you in leveling crew (Cyclops, Seasinger and Chimera all have rallying cry).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

They clearly only made the prices what they were to further validate their place next to nex armours. The problem is they should have been on scale with the inferior versions GE prices.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png