11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

actually, the real solution would have been to make the armors useful enough that their value would match the perception

but, y'know, proper design

is such a chore

Obviously supply/demand.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

you mean that even if the armor had been brought into comparable usefulness, the whims of the market can't be held accountable to reality?

Right now jagex sees port armours as equal to nex armours. I would almost compare to two sides of a coin. They want both to be earned. The issue is that nex armour price isn't help up by jagex. The player base idolizes nex armours and probably sees them as a status symbol. Because of that couple with its rarity and effort to get its going to catch a hefty price. Instead of wanting that shiny dragon full helm, plate and legs people want the nex versions.

Players like me won't be dipping into their pockets for armour that high priced yet suffers a supposed 40 tier (?) drop in defensive stats. I would much rather grab the defensive armour and tell someone a white lie that I'm using port armour to get clean and steady kills.

The market is the market *shrugs*... T should be treated as such as long as no insane manipulation occurrs.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

you mean that even if the armor had been brought into comparable usefulness, the whims of the market can't be held accountable to reality?

Right now jagex sees port armours as equal to nex armours. I would almost compare to two sides of a coin. They want both to be earned. The issue is that nex armour price isn't help up by jagex. The player base idolizes nex armours and probably sees them as a status symbol. Because of that couple with its rarity and effort to get its going to catch a hefty price. Instead of wanting that shiny dragon full helm, plate and legs people want the nex versions.

Players like me won't be dipping into their pockets for armour that high priced yet suffers a supposed 40 tier (?) drop in defensive stats. I would much rather grab the defensive armour and tell someone a white lie that I'm using port armour to get clean and steady kills.

The market is the market *shrugs*... T should be treated as such as long as no insane manipulation occurrs.

It's actually a 5 level drop, not 40 lol. A tier 80 offensive body has the same armour and hp as a tier 75 defensive body.

Asmodean <3

I think he meant it lost the stats of level 40 armour, bringing it down to 75 tierd defense wise?

I don't see why it crashed so bad, but at least the extra cash (50b or more?) This glitchoversight bought into the economy increased the price of Nex armours, I can get back into Nexing again, and a ton more people have the money for gear now :thumbup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Yeah whatever I'm nt sure because there seems to be a lot of mumbojumbo with explaining how things are tiered or kept in line. I appreciate it, but a wholesome guide and tie together is missing. I believe it's a -15% defense drop? Someone link the rs wiki article lmao.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah whatever I'm nt sure because there seems to be a lot of mumbojumbo with explaining how things are tiered or kept in line. I appreciate it, but a wholesome guide and tie together is missing. I believe it's a -15% defense drop? Someone link the rs wiki article lmao.

Tank gear has the base tier stats

Power gear has tier-5 defence and tier-10 lp, 10% damage of a 1h fastest tiered weapon of the same class

Hybrid gear has tier-15 defence and lp across all three styles

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I find it fascinating that even half a year later this update is still being discussed daily. I would gladly accept one update every two months if they were this polished, deep and fun to play.

• Like 6

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I find it fascinating that even half a year later this update is still being discussed daily. I would gladly accept one update every two months if they were this polished, deep and fun to play.

Honestly I agree and has been the thought in the back of my mind since page twenty or so.

Thanks octarine! Anyways it comes down mostly to nex armours being a status symbol.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

O well, free ~400m.

This :D

Im raging. Stuck at work and couldnt cash in my superior sets :(

Try checking with a jmod if it's bug abuse or not - and missing out while waiting for a reply on the matter. :(

Vmser.png

Power gear has tier-5 defence and tier-10 lp, 10% damage of a 1h fastest tiered weapon of the same class

It's like they wanted to make hybrid armor as useless as possible. Seriously, I'm trying to think of a reason for those stats and the only one that makes sense is spite.

I mean, an almost negligible defense plenty for the offense sets, to balance a noticeable offensive boost? Then hybrid armor gets a massive drop in its defenses to balance the fact that you can switch styles - which, thanks to the way the combat system is designed, is something that you only have to do for two enemies that hit fairly hard?

I can't speak for TDs, but Akrisae will eat you alive even in T70 tank gear. Why would I fight him in something with considerably lower defenses and a benefit that's dubious at best?

It's like they wanted to make hybrid armor as useless as possible. Seriously, I'm trying to think of a reason for those stats and the only one that makes sense is spite.

I mean, an almost negligible defense plenty for the offense sets, to balance a noticeable offensive boost? Then hybrid armor gets a massive drop in its defenses to balance the fact that you can switch styles - which, thanks to the way the combat system is designed, is something that you only have to do for two enemies that hit fairly hard?

I can't speak for TDs, but Akrisae will eat you alive even in T70 tank gear. Why would I fight him in something with considerably lower defenses and a benefit that's dubious at best?

Imo they should've done it like:

Each tier has base stats.

Hybrid is T-5 defence and lp, but benefits from the classlessness

Defence is T+10 defence and lp

'Power' is T-10 (or maybe -15) defence and lp with the damage boost of a 1h T fastest wep (like currently)

That way hybrid wouldn't be entirely pointless, defence would be significantly better to make it possibly worthwhile for high-end bosses and 'power' were maintain its dps maximising power with enough of a def dent to make it trickier to use for much bossing + making defensive more worthwhile.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They should remove the whole power/defence/hybrid system and just give all armour defence & damage boost according to the required level. It's pretty clear that Jagex isn't going to make monsters strong enough, with abilities, that defence will ever be worth it - I guess they think there is no market for defence-based content. That means the only way armour will ever be viable is damage boost.

• Like 5

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well, when defence is dodge.. it becomes difficult because you can't increase accuracy too high (or they always hit) but you can't increase damage because hits become too easy to ko if you are unlucky.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Jagex should make a set of (skilling-obtained) defensive gear with percentagewise damage reduction and make a boss which is largely untenable without that gear.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

just made two superior SS hood by mistake =( ..I made sure I made the superior version but forgotten to check number of items made

..building on last month's mistake with making a DL body instead of superior DL

--> let this be a case study of carelessness

On the gear discussion above, i agree that they should either eliminate power/tank/hybrid gear classification..or to increase the difference in armour/lp/damage between them..Even with my extra POP items, I don't see myself wearing them over nex/gwd for what I'd normally do on rs.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Well, it's true. Ports tradeable armor just took a major kick in the nuts.

Sacrificed a tradeable tetsu helm just now, and it dropped only 500k in the wilderness. That's an 87.5% drop from the 4m previously. I don't know what legs and torso armor drop for (out of trade goods) but presumably they aren't worth 4m and 5m anymore. Prepare for a massive drop in price, if it hasn't happened already.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Sacrificed a tradeable tetsu helm just now, and it dropped only 500k in the wilderness. That's an 87.5% drop from the 4m previously. I don't know what legs and torso armor drop for (out of trade goods) but presumably they aren't worth 4m and 5m anymore.

I know that Tetsu Legs are 1200k. So if the percentage drops are the same, then presumably you could work our the new value of Tetsu Body. But I wouldn't count on that level of consistency from Jagex right now.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Sacrificed a tradeable tetsu helm just now, and it dropped only 500k in the wilderness. That's an 87.5% drop from the 4m previously. I don't know what legs and torso armor drop for (out of trade goods) but presumably they aren't worth 4m and 5m anymore.

I know that Tetsu Legs are 1200k. So if the percentage drops are the same, then presumably you could work our the new value of Tetsu Body. But I wouldn't count on that level of consistency from Jagex right now.

Not nearly the same percentage-wise. That makes legs "much" better (24k/resource) than helms (16.6k) per trade good used. In order for body armor to match legs, it would have to drop 1.92m.

This won't affect tetsu too much in the short term I don't think, since it's the highest in price, but since death lotus and sea singer's were already close to or at their old artificial floor of 133k/trade good, I think they will fall in price close to the new drop values.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

so what are the prices of tradeable ports at the moment? And whats currently best to make for scrimshaws?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!