11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Scroll 74 came back a success, but tonight I only got 5 bones, 5 chi and 5 plate. Oh well... Came to realize that my bone income wouldn't support creating all the scrimshaws so I would stick to just vampyrism, elements and cruelty.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I just do vamp for the moneys since I don't really care about using scrims. They don't seem worth it for slayer and I'm not much of a pvmer.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I just unlocked pincers yesterday.

Am I correct in my priority of upgrades? crew,hull, deck, figurehead, rudder?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Rudder -> deck/crew -> others

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

10k seafaring captain with no traits this morning :thumbsup:

1 max sea fare captain soon, almost max moral captain with 3 moral traits and multy talent, just need a combat and a 2nd seafare.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Rudder -> Crew -> Combat Hull -> Moral Hull -> Deck -> Figurehead -> Buildings

Besides the combat deck none of the ship upgrades are as big of an upgrade for the steel that a crew member is. Once they hit level 5 they are as good as your level 8-9 bowl crew and then they get you a boost of much more than the 150 that the deck upgrades give you, and the 200 boost you get from the figurehead or moral deck. Plus you'll want them maxed as fast as possible in preparation for the next ports update that may be coming soon so that you can have high success rates on the new (if there are any) voyages. Rudder is first because it makes it much easier to get two sets of voyages in per day.

EDIT

What is the best captain setup? I know that ideal traits are multi talented along with 3 of the 1% boosts for whatever is their best trait, but right now I have a 1 moral, 2 combat, and 2 sf captains. Is there a better combo?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I think the best setup is to have captains for specific (extra profitable) missions, that is, you want one for each of the following:

1) Whaler plate

2) Standard plate/laquer and barmaid tips

3) Biologist/standard voyage bones (if you use superior scrims)

4) Standard chi

That means a seafaring captain with four +1% traits, a morale captain with four +1% traits, a captain for morale/seafaring and one for triples, and then I suppose a combat captain (if that isn't already good for 10k - I use my combat captain for that). The +4% captains are really only for single-stat missions, the other captains have +100 traits.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Is it just me or are adventurer rerolls much rarer now? I haven't seen one in close to a month, despite doing the random event everyday...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Is it just me or are adventurer rerolls much rarer now? I haven't seen one in close to a month, despite doing the random event everyday...

Not just you, I get one about every month (or at least every couple of weeks). Thankfully voyage rerolls are about one per week.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Bought my first steel thing; rudder.

And I can also finish the story misisons for the whaler and biologist.

But I am not going to do them until I have a fotc to use :(

Lol my 90%+ scrolls keep failing but my 55% plate mission didn't (think it was so low cuz I'd just sent all of 1 type on that scroll -.- ). Dat RNG?? Have a s-ton of resources now. Seem to be getting 3 resource voyages a day, not sure what to do really.

No Ports update this month, real bummer. Doesn't really seem worth making armor to sell though.

I'm seriously hoping Vorago's armor is offensive and that the Ports update allows us to upgrade to T90 defensive.. Although, IMO, it should have always been T90. No idea why they chose T85 before except to try not to screw with Nex prices. I mean, perhaps it's not a great indicator considering, but making Ports armor does require level 90 in respective skills.

2dgucz6.png

But it only requires level 85 to actually wear, hence why it is T85.

Would be fun to have rune plate T99 though... or Ganodermic at T98

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Powering through to 90 smithing now that I have 180 (+6 hopefully) plate. By this time Sunday I should have full superior tetsu. Considering I started playing again in March just for Ports this is exciting for me.

• Like 1

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Nice one, I didnt get my full tetsu until May, and I had been playing ports since release.

tim_chenw2.png

Sadly if you started now, there were a fair amount if changes early on which gave some people an early lead, such as the rerolls thing that didn't get fixed for a while into ports.. :( (Let alone the people who legitimately bug abused)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

even without the lead, the monetary rewards would have been greatly diminished compared to the beginning anyway

tim_chenw2.png

Is it worth waiting until I have FOTS to finish the basic story lines? I can do the Missionary, Biologist, and Whaler storylines but I'm weary if I should wait for the bonus..

Where are you at in their stories, are you on the last trio? FotS brings you an extra 21 of each resource or ~5 mil in cash. I was lucky and got to use FotS on all 3 of the ending storylines plus the trio story line because JaGeX loves me when it comes to ports apparently. I would personally say wait.

witchynosaur.png

I haven't startes any of ther trio storys. These are the individual stories that I am on

• Like 1

^slow down will you? :P

Nearly back up to 200 plates now, which is pretty much bang on what I expected it would take to entirely replace a superior set of armor from nothing (all 3 sets in 3 months, roughly, no earlier).

tim_chenw2.png