11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I'm confused by your numbering.

When you start out the arc level voyages regardless of success or fail they gave you 2% in area completion. Now when you get arc level voyages when working on the skull area they count for 1%. So if things follow through arc level voyages when working on the hook region will probably give you 0.5%. They may even cut out the third tier voyages all together unless you focus on them.

Also with me being at 75% completion of the skulls tonight ill get 15 voyages. That means two of them will be in the hook region.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

When you start out the arc level voyages regardless of success or fail they gave you 2% in area completion. Now when you get arc level voyages when working on the skull area they count for 1%. So if things follow through arc level voyages when working on the hook region will probably give you 0.5%. They may even cut out the third tier voyages all together unless you focus on them.

Also with me being at 75% completion of the skulls tonight ill get 15 voyages. That means two of them will be in the hook region.

I don't think your numbers are at all right.

My progression percentage has not increased by neat increments instead it seems to go in larger blocks for harder missions and smaller blocks for easier missions with fails giving almost nothing.

Plus it makes no sense people unlocked Skull on day 2.

That means 30 voyages max, by your logic they should've only hit 60%

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't think your numbers are at all right.

My progression percentage has not increased by neat increments instead it seems to go in larger blocks for harder missions and smaller blocks for easier missions with fails giving almost nothing.

Plus it makes no sense people unlocked Skull on day 2.

That means 30 voyages max, by your logic they should've only hit 60%

Ah crap you are right. Just trying to make sense of all this. After all I don't want to keep believing the world is flat and retain the fear of falling off the edge of the world.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Unlocking regions is based on distance travelled, a value you can check in your captain's log. Difficulty influences this number, though failing a voyage has no effect on it.

Voyages in the Arc region appear to give 200-250 distance, while Skull voyages seem to give 420-600.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Definitely hitting the hook tonight. Miiight see two missions from it.

How are you so close to the hook? I am at 48% atm and only failed 3 or 4 in total.

I'm not sure, but I'm sitting at 75% to completion. Yesterday my day ended at 52%. I know I've failed at least 4 too.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have noticed I am getting a few easier voyages (level 2 difficulty)

Same here. Yesterday majority of my voyages required 4000/6000 skills but today a lot were at 2000 or even 1400.

Hidden update perhaps? A lot of people were complaining.

I have noticed I am getting a few easier voyages (level 2 difficulty)

Have you focused your journeys on the skull region? It could be that you're getting more voyages from the arc than others.

Yea focused on the skull region. But the easier ones still take ~1:10 to complete.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Y8E7j.jpg

Where I come from, 100% means something else.

I'm going to guess ship 2 was highlighted on the voyage interface and then u swapped to ship 1 in the ship-edit interface; which means it would send ship 2 even though you are looking at ship 1.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Where I come from, 100% means something else.

I'm going to guess ship 2 was highlighted on the voyage interface and then u swapped to ship 1 in the ship-edit interface; which means it would send ship 2 even though you are looking at ship 1.

I dunno but swapping the captain out then back in fixed it.

bGmskuB.gif

I've been reading this whole thing from the beginning, and it's good to see how much everyone is enjoying this update and how little criticism there is.

If this is the kind of update that Solomon and the SoF have been paying for, then perhaps they're not so bad after all. :)

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

For anyone who is interested there is a way to sort your crew members, I will probably start doing it at the end of the day so that I can see what I need when the new crew options roll out.

portsorting.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

^ You know what would be more helpful?

Tell us how you sorted them rather than just saying it's possible

• Like 5

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I know how to do it after about 20s of thinking.....

what you do is you enter the send of ship mode, and use swapping crew to re-arrange your guys.... damn easy

All that effort to say "You can do it manually"? :unsure:

Some people might die if you ask too many questions, so they start raging.

Sorry was in a hurry but yes it's in the crew selection screen you can either swap them out in the order you want or you can add and remove them from the screen with the red circle. If you do the circle method the one you remove shows up at the top left and pushes right.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items