11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

For like the fiftieth time on this thread, you can only do ONE mission involving a specific adventurer per day, even if you have three options for that adventurer. If you have two adventurers and have a joint voyage, doing the joint voyage will take away ALL the rest of the special missions for the day. Doing a voyage involving only one of the adventurers involved in a joint voyage will take away all voyages associated with that adventurer and transform the joint voyage into a voyage involving only the other adventurer. So, if I had an occultist and a missionary, I could start out with 3-5 missions, 1-2 individual missions for each adventurer, involving either a scroll mission or an advance the storyline mission. the fifth voyage would be a joint venture with the missionary and occultist for lots of resources. If I did the occultist storyline mission, his scroll mission would disappear, and the joint mission would transform into a solo resource mission for the missionary, leaving me with three possible special voyages, all involving only the missionary. If, however, I chose to do the joint mission, ALL other voyages would be gone, as I adventured with both of my adventurers for the day.

• Like 1
Flyingjj.png

cXgQi.png

We're taking an entire ship and it's crew out to sea on a dangerous mission to find....wet gunpowder...?

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

cXgQi.png

We're taking an entire ship and it's crew out to sea on a dangerous mission to find....wet gunpowder...?

Shh logic doesn't exist in jagexland.

I'm eating my words due to lack of experience with black powder guns but it does work after it dries completely.

What sane crew would risk their lives for a chest of sealed canisters of gunpowder when they clearly have enough to operate two cannons or more? See, logic doesn't really work here...

It doesn't work well at all in the rest of RS TBH...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Can't do either of the special missions, they req 5k and 6k (scroll) combat I think. Oh well...

I'm a little behind I guess.

Anyway, am I right to assume that one could receive all of the scrolls for one of the rewards before being able to get the resources to craft it? Or is it too early to tell? It seems like, with a bit of luck, you could be getting a scroll mission a day or more, possibly.

I think it's too early to tell because we still don't know which area you can find the resources in or which area you have to unlock just to be able to build the workshop.

Yeah the workshop construction is key. People on tif already have 2 scrolls, Equenox being an example of this. Heard that completing the story missions for special characters grants resources, but its too early to tell really.

I've got a story mission on the go so if all goes well I'll put the result up in an hour or so.

Edit: Nope failed it.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

If i had to choose between a lore and 250 gun powder with having a better chance on the lore which should i go for? The gunpowder would be really usefull.. but if the lores are limited and it give a greater chance of scroll later on i'd prolly do that but idk if that works... anyone done the lores yet?

Just did a story mission for the whaler, came out with new knowledge of his fight with the whale.

Who cares

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

In case nobody mentioned it (being lazy and cba to read the other pages)

But if you have 2 special voyages for 1 character, you can only perform one of these voyages. The other special voyage will be turned into a normal voyage; at least it did for me.

Note that I didn't have any normal voyages left as the 2 special voyages were my last ones; performed one and the other special turned to a normal voyage.

Hmmm... I just chose my whaler scroll special voyage out of 3 possible voyages for his character, but they didn't give me normal voyages extra instead. Maybe after its return? I still have two assassin special voyages in the list though, maybe that's a factor too.

I am absolutely adoring this update by the way. It's been a long time since I was this keen on logging in.

I had two missions with the biologist, one was combined with the whaler. Sent out at 90% and came back failed. So that's two special missions and the only one left was meet the missionary. And when his cutscene happened I freaking hated him. I'm sorry but as soon as he said, "I'm going to build a church that all the heathens will bow and worship" (Paraphrasing a bit, but I do distinctly remember the word heathens) I just wanted to say "Nope."

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Scrolls are one thing, the mats required to actually make them is totally another

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Scrolls are one thing, the mats required to actually make them is totally another

Jagex will probably troll us and make the materials available in the 5th region and the workshop buildable in the last region.

I think I realized as much earlier in the thread, but I'm hoping that a month or so of [hopefully complete] PoP will be enough to unlock all the islands necessary.

EDIT

Didn't notice this before, but Port titles!

5o9vk5.png

Available from Customization Interface.

2dgucz6.png

Second scroll voyage completed, and it seems scrolls go onto whatever your focusing on, seeing as I now have 2/4 on vampirism. Or i'm just really lucky (which I never am, so it's unlikely) I think ship upgrades > crew so far, now I have golden hull, reinforced figurehead (combat based one) and all gunpowder upgrades for deck I have nearly 50% of the skull reqs. before I add any crew onto ship. And i'm still completing some voyages with 60% success sometimes even 50% on multiple 3ks.

• Like 1

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I've updated the player-owned ports configurator once again to support personal bonuses and the solidarity trait. For other traits, simply treat it as a personal bonus until I get around to adding each of the traits. The process can take upwards of 50 seconds of searching for a suitable match if you have all 25 crew and 5 captains. So while the search is taking place, the tab will seem as it's not responding. I'm going to look into using Javascript web workers, but until then, enjoy!

It's broken in my eyes =d...

For example, when I press calc I get a result like this:

Chance of success: 119%

• Deck item 1: Entwined rigging
  • Deck item 2: Entwined rigging
  • Hull: Reinforced hull
  • Ram/figurehead: Polished figurehead

Captain #1

• Eastern overseer (level 2)
    • (288 morale, 288 combat, 308 seafaring)

[*]Eastern musketeer (level 2)

• (40 morale, 860 combat, 0 seafaring)

[*]Eastern guide (level 3)

• (30 morale, 0 combat, 920 seafaring)

[*]Exploding golem (level 4)

• (476 morale, 570 combat, 40 seafaring)

[*]Eastern bannerman (level 4)

• (980 morale, 0 combat, 0 seafaring)

However my overseer is actually: Level 2 with 144 Morale, 144 Combat and 164 Seafaring.

And this goes on for the whole list.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Just send out my last two voyages tonight. I should be around 52% done after getting them in. I got a feeling we won't see the third area for another day.

Also for those who don't know you are capped at 5 captains and 25 crew members. So I think for best progression would be to hold off on golem and speed buys for the end.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I've updated the player-owned ports configurator once again to support personal bonuses and the solidarity trait. For other traits, simply treat it as a personal bonus until I get around to adding each of the traits. The process can take upwards of 50 seconds of searching for a suitable match if you have all 25 crew and 5 captains. So while the search is taking place, the tab will seem as it's not responding. I'm going to look into using Javascript web workers, but until then, enjoy!

I don't quite understand how it works....does active mean that they're on a voyage, or not? Does the save data button actually do anything?

EDIT: okay, discovered that active means that they're NOT on a voyage. also, figured out that zeroes are required to fill blank fields, instead of being assumed. eastern overseer bonus calculation is bugged.

fix eastern overseer (and possibly first mate) calcs, make all empty fields default to zero (even when they're not filled with any number) and set default status of crew to active (because the majority of crew when planning a mission will not be on a mission, by virtue of the fact that you're planning a mission to send your crew on)

8f14270694.jpg

Second scroll voyage completed, and it seems scrolls go onto whatever your focusing on, seeing as I now have 2/4 on vampirism. Or i'm just really lucky (which I never am, so it's unlikely) I think ship upgrades > crew so far, now I have golden hull, reinforced figurehead (combat based one) and all gunpowder upgrades for deck I have nearly 50% of the skull reqs. before I add any crew onto ship. And i'm still completing some voyages with 60% success sometimes even 50% on multiple 3ks.

I got owned by forgetting to focus on some and got a scroll on a scrimshaw instead of the armor iwant :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.