11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I am an exceptionally protectionist strategist. When I play Age of Kings, I'll turn what should be a 30-40 minute game into a 4-6 hour campaign, biding my time behind ironclad defenses until I can strike with overwhelming force.

I've always been a defensive player, almost debilitatingly so. I'll not stay in my shell and never take a risk with this, but I'll always be willing to take a couple days while I stack the deck the my favor, and I'll certainly not move on when there are still missions I can't even hit 90% in with full pick from my entire roster. That would be foolhardy, and would ultimately slow down my progress.

At the end of the day, I do get more fun out of taking it slow, with lower risk. I hate to lose units, especially in a game where I have so few of them (I can't just whip up 30 more at the barracks). It works for me.

• Like 2

Had a scroll mission, took 2 hours and 30 minutes, well the scroll i chose to focus on, i received it. figured i would post this since i havent seen anybody post if they also received the 1 they were after. prolly luck that i got it but figured it was worth mentioning

and nice pop guide tip.it

Somewhere back in the these 24 pages someone posted something along the lines of if you fail mission but had like a 80-90% success rate you dont lose crew members if you fail a mission with 95% or higher you still bring back some good just not all? I have failed about 5 or 6 missions so far but have never lost a crew member and only once had a damaged ship. Can anyone confirm that the higher your success should have been the lower the consequence (or penalty) for failure is? My own input about this would be i havn't even tried a mission that wasnt at least 80% except for that mission that ended in the damaged ship that was like 62% mission.

Had a scroll mission, took 2 hours and 30 minutes, well the scroll i chose to focus on, i received it. figured i would post this since i havent seen anybody post if they also received the 1 they were after. prolly luck that i got it but figured it was worth mentioning

and nice pop guide tip.it

The scroll changes in your voyages menu if you select a different one to focus on while you have the voyage so I assume you always get the one you're focusing on.

Somewhere back in the these 24 pages someone posted something along the lines of if you fail mission but had like a 80-90% success rate you dont lose crew members if you fail a mission with 95% or higher you still bring back some good just not all? I have failed about 5 or 6 missions so far but have never lost a crew member and only once had a damaged ship. Can anyone confirm that the higher your success should have been the lower the consequence (or penalty) for failure is? My own input about this would be i havn't even tried a mission that wasnt at least 80% except for that mission that ended in the damaged ship that was like 62% mission.

It might have more to do with how badly you fail. Like, you'll lose a crew member if you have 60% and roll 100, while you'll just come home empty handed if you have 60% and get 75.

Can't really say for sure until people research it.

i could have swore that i read that focusing on a particular scroll just gives you a better chance to receive it.

I think it meant a better chance of receiving a voyage for a scroll. Or it's bugged and just lets me change the scroll when I set the focus to a different one.

i could have swore that i read that focusing on a particular scroll just gives you a better chance to receive it.

I think it meant a better chance of receiving a voyage for a scroll. Or it's bugged and just lets me change the scroll when I set the focus to a different one.

I got the impression that it just determined which scroll you got from scroll missions, and if you don't select one to focus on it's chosen at random.

I got the impression that it just determined which scroll you got from scroll missions, and if you don't select one to focus on it's chosen at random.

Me too.

I was focused on vampirism, and my first scroll voyage earnt me 1/4 on vampirism, the real test will be if next scroll voyage gives me 2/4 on vampirism I guess

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Can't do either of the special missions, they req 5k and 6k (scroll) combat I think. Oh well...

I'm a little behind I guess.

Anyway, am I right to assume that one could receive all of the scrolls for one of the rewards before being able to get the resources to craft it? Or is it too early to tell? It seems like, with a bit of luck, you could be getting a scroll mission a day or more, possibly.

2dgucz6.png

Can't do either of the special missions, they req 5k and 6k (scroll) combat I think. Oh well...

Anyway, am I right to assume that one could receive all of the scrolls for one of the rewards before being able to get the resources to craft it? Or is it too early to tell? It seems like, with a bit of luck, you could be getting a scroll mission a day or more, possibly.

I think it's too early to tell because we still don't know which area you can find the resources in or which area you have to unlock just to be able to build the workshop.

I've updated the player-owned ports configurator once again to support personal bonuses and the solidarity trait. For other traits, simply treat it as a personal bonus until I get around to adding each of the traits. The process can take upwards of 50 seconds of searching for a suitable match if you have all 25 crew and 5 captains. So while the search is taking place, the tab will seem as it's not responding. I'm going to look into using Javascript web workers, but until then, enjoy!

ozXHe7P.png

I think it's too early to tell because we still don't know which area you can find the resources in or which area you have to unlock just to be able to build the workshop.

Yeah the workshop construction is key. People on tif already have 2 scrolls, Equenox being an example of this. Heard that completing the story missions for special characters grants resources, but its too early to tell really.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015