11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Second scroll voyage completed, and it seems scrolls go onto whatever your focusing on, seeing as I now have 2/4 on vampirism. Or i'm just really lucky (which I never am, so it's unlikely) I think ship upgrades > crew so far, now I have golden hull, reinforced figurehead (combat based one) and all gunpowder upgrades for deck I have nearly 50% of the skull reqs. before I add any crew onto ship. And i'm still completing some voyages with 60% success sometimes even 50% on multiple 3ks.

I got owned by forgetting to focus on some and got a scroll on a scrimshaw instead of the armor iwant :P

Don't worry. It'll probably be quite some time before you'll get the resources needed to make that armour.

I had 2 adventurers today, Missionary and Whaler - did both storylines but they both offered an alternative for gunpowder. Did both of my story progression special missions, unlocks nothing and rewards nothing besides a bit of a backstory. Maybe it'll help me later on, otherwise - cool thanks for gunpowder waste. The two gunpowder missions that disappeared did not become normal mission rerolls as someone implied they might. Also missions today were significantly easier, I didn't fail any. Fully upgraded ship and decently stacked crew with 77% through skulls. (Sirens own.) Gl tomorrow mateys. :D

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

Everyone needs to read the FAQ on the forums. Completing an entire storyline for one NPC gives 'a big' reward at the end of it.

Also, as many others have stated; each special NPC can only be taken on ONE voyage a day regardless of what type it is.

Sylpheed.png

Everyone needs to read the FAQ on the forums. Completing an entire storyline for one NPC gives 'a big' reward at the end of it.

QFC?

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

How many voyages does each storyline contain? I'm after doing 3 for the biologist.

howlin1eeveesig.png

QFC?

What happens when you complete all the Adventurer's storylines?

Mod Moltare: Each adventurer's storyline ends with a generous reward of trade goods; completing the storylines for all of two particular trios unlocks a special storyline with even more goods available.

[qfc]15-16-985-64141226[/qfc]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I've updated the player-owned ports configurator once again to support personal bonuses and the solidarity trait. For other traits, simply treat it as a personal bonus until I get around to adding each of the traits. The process can take upwards of 50 seconds of searching for a suitable match if you have all 25 crew and 5 captains. So while the search is taking place, the tab will seem as it's not responding. I'm going to look into using Javascript web workers, but until then, enjoy!

It's broken in my eyes =d...

For example, when I press calc I get a result like this:

Chance of success: 119%

• Deck item 1: Entwined rigging
  • Deck item 2: Entwined rigging
  • Hull: Reinforced hull
  • Ram/figurehead: Polished figurehead

Captain #1

• Eastern overseer (level 2)
    • (288 morale, 288 combat, 308 seafaring)

[*]Eastern musketeer (level 2)

• (40 morale, 860 combat, 0 seafaring)

[*]Eastern guide (level 3)

• (30 morale, 0 combat, 920 seafaring)

[*]Exploding golem (level 4)

• (476 morale, 570 combat, 40 seafaring)

[*]Eastern bannerman (level 4)

• (980 morale, 0 combat, 0 seafaring)

However my overseer is actually: Level 2 with 144 Morale, 144 Combat and 164 Seafaring.

And this goes on for the whole list.

I'm going to write a help thing. It's not clear what to do. For crew stats, you aren't supposed to enter their actual stats, but instead their personal and trait bonuses (hover over the stat in the crew roster to get this information).

ozXHe7P.png

This fits in nicely with the ongoing discussion, which of these two to pick:

storyorvoyage.jpg

I'm leaning towards the story one.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Ah, I did one of my Assassin's missions last night and actually succeeded but was sad that I didn't get a cutscene. I didn't realize that story missions had that book symbol.

2hmep7t.png

Can you actually get on your boats? I don't see any way to... (It tells me I can't reach that.)

2dgucz6.png

Decided my sticking it out in the arc was the right call. I've had the time to arrange missions three times today, and have only been able to send both ships out once. I managed to pick up a much better captain, and another first mate. I forgot I still need large crate of food. Might have the chance to arrange one more set of voyages today, would like to get the special resource mission in for gunpowder. Didn't realize so much of my crew were so useless. Also, skill from the personal bonus doesn't level, which is kind of a downer.

I wish the voyage system timing was more like the release of Farmville to be honest.

From lvl 1, you could grow 4hr strawberries, or 12hr fruit, or 24hr fruit with semi-proportional rewards. With RS Ports, you're stuck progressing through the short missions before eventually being left with only long missions.

This isn't specifically a complaint, rather feedback for future improvement.

Anyone else agree?

My suggestion would be to add a duration pulldown menu on voyages. If a base voyage is designed for 2 hours with 1000 resource rewards, the length could be altered with diminishing rewards. For example, increase the duration to 6 hours for 2000 resources, or 12 hours for 3500 resources. Similarly, decrease the duration to 1hr for 250 resources, or 30 minutes for 100 resources. This method discourages altering the suggested voyages designed, while catering to players personal real-life schedule.

This suggestions adds an element of strategic timing to the minigame. It allows players to complete all their daily voyages without necessarily spanning the entire duration normally required. Moreover, it begs the question whether to dismiss voyages with suboptimal completion success in favor of extending a 100% voyage for marginally diminished yet guaranteed rewards. This also makes additional reroll expansions desirable for later updates.

I also posted this suggestion on the High Level Feedback Forum: Quick find code: 260-261-349-64144073

• Like 3

So I haven't time to comment on this yet. I like this update, it's entertaining(as much as something like that can be) and doesn't require you to play much to advance. I can't play much these days so that's good. I look forward to getting the new armours, even if looks like it'll take forever. One criticism I have is that the timers are abritary, making us wait 1h versus 20 minutes from the earlier missions is really just there to artifically lengthen the time it takes to get stuff.

• Like 1

2480+ total

I only have fishing and rc reqs. and I am so far not limited at all in what I can do, other than expanding on the stories of the other heroes which isn't really an issue for me.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Man, you all make me want to get P2P just for POP. Is it worth it if you only have 1 90+ of the required ones? Or is it just a waste?

I only have 1 90+ level and so far it hasn't been a hindrance at all. The only downside is I don't seem to get as many special journeys as other people

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

I just got disconnected from the game during a port minigame. Naturally, it won't let me do it again, so I lost the reward. Also, my scroll mission failed, and I lost my first mate. So yeah...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE :evil:

I just got disconnected from the game during a port minigame. Naturally, it won't let me do it again, so I lost the reward. Also, my scroll mission failed, and I lost my first mate. So yeah...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE :evil:

Could be worse could've been during a ToG run instead of a port mini-game.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.