11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I can't seem to find an answer, but is it worth getting the statues (not totems) made this early on other than for helping complete story voyages?

We can't tell, because we don't know the story rewards. But since chimes seem to pile up faster than you can spend them, sure :P.

With 3rd tier crewmates costing 600 chimes I'm a bit reluctant.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I can't seem to find an answer, but is it worth getting the statues (not totems) made this early on other than for helping complete story voyages?

We can't tell, because we don't know the story rewards. But since chimes seem to pile up faster than you can spend them, sure :P.

With 3rd tier crewmates costing 600 chimes I'm a bit reluctant.

Maybe I got (un)lucky but so far I've gotten a lot of 400/500/600 chime-only missions, and although crew members and ship upgrades cost a lot of chimes, the required secondary resource (slate) simply doesn't accumulate quickly enough to run out of chimes. Right now my ratio is about 6000 chimes to 1350 bamboo and gunpowder, with no slate (but 100 incoming).

Edit: I do have all gunpowder ship upgrades & 2k chimes spent on icons.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

platelol.png

Gl to all Hook(region)ers.

Guess I'll wait till Scythe region to gather trade goods, hopefully the rates are better there.

I'm doubtful I've been having a lot of thoughts that this place would be much like MA and getting the rings.

Also got a 5 voyage reroll. Looks like I'll be playing catchup ladies! 7 voyages left at the moment and that reroll makes it 12 left. Currently at 84% so I should have that reroll for when I'm into the hook.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Is it just me or is there a level 5 cap on crew?

Once again; no, there isn't.

t1lot.png

Notice my first mate under the Overseer.

Thats from a previous region though, your overseer is still level 5.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

platelol.png

Gl to all Hook(region)ers.

Guess I'll wait till Scythe region to gather trade goods, hopefully the rates are better there.

Wow just one plate per voyage is going to take a long time to gather enough.

Plate is used to make tetsu armor btw to whoever doesn't realize that. And you need 100 to make just the superior platebody.

Is there even a good reason to waste a special voyage on story progression rather than resource/scroll? Does it give you any benefits?

Beat a whole storyline and you get a ton of trade goods and XP at the end.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Is there even a good reason to waste a special voyage on story progression rather than resource/scroll? Does it give you any benefits?

How much exactly is "a ton"? Does anyone have any idea?

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

what do trade good even do?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

About 2000 lbs.

• Like 12

77yLQy8.png

I'm just reflecting whatever was written on the official wiki :P A wild guess would probably be in the region of 10-20

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hey everyone, one last quick update to the configurator tonight (well, EST!). A friend requested two quick features, so here they are: I added sorting crew members (it sorts alphabetically by name, then from highest to lowest level) and custom names for captains. I'm planning a voyage management feature next, which will automatically check/uncheck crews and captains. Enjoy!

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Hey everyone, one last quick update to the configurator tonight (well, EST!). A friend requested two quick features, so here they are: I added sorting crew members (it sorts alphabetically by name, then from highest to lowest level) and custom names for captains. I'm planning a voyage management feature next, which will automatically check/uncheck crews and captains. Enjoy!

Now if only the game window had this feature like it really should have... Jagex needs to hire better interns ;)

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Now if only the game window had this feature like it really should have... Jagex needs to hire better interns ;)

I wholeheartedly agree.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If the game window had this feature the player interaction would be pretty much 0%.

I was not referring to the auto calculate. Just the sorting. It is really dumb that we can't sort or crew by type, level or stats. It is a huge huge pain to keep track of crew because we cannot sort things.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014