11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Well, I had a really bad port day today. Yesterday I didn't fail one mission, today I failed four (one in the 80% range and another well over 90%). Plus one bannerman dead after a 67% trip. I just sent out my last mission at 53% - couldn't reach the 7k requirement even with good crew and all the ship updates available. Anxiously awaiting the mayhem that will come of it. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

I wonder if it's better to skip the mission when you can't reach +70% or to take the risk rather than gain nothing at all. What tactics are you guys following? Doing all the missions, or do you guys leave some open at the end of the day if they're unattainable?

Well, I had a really bad port day today. Yesterday I didn't fail one mission, today I failed four (one in the 80% range and another well over 90%). Plus one bannerman dead after a 67% trip. I just sent out my last mission at 53% - couldn't reach the 7k requirement even with good crew and all the ship updates available. Anxiously awaiting the mayhem that will come of it. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

I wonder if it's better to skip the mission when you can't reach +70% or to take the risk rather than gain nothing at all. What tactics are you guys following? Doing all the missions, or do you guys leave some open at the end of the day if they're unattainable?

Limited voyages per day = risk it I say!

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Now? I'd risk it as Skull crewman will just be dismissed as I get better Hook crew so there's not much to lose.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

later on, with the impossibility of completing every mission, it'd be better to actually reroll for the favorable outcome, depending on how much risk you want to take on

also, it may or may not be to your benefit to lowball and pick shorter missions to train your crew when you need to hit something ridiculously high

8f14270694.jpg

If you got 1 or 2 voyages remaining, you can save them for the next day. They wont reroll.

Do they override the next day's mission or are they added to your 12 daily missions?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

as in, if the missions are there, they'll stay there until you reroll or launch (rerolls are not cumulative)

same with crew

captains refresh every day regardless of hiring

adventurers i'm not clear on, some people think they don't leave until you run a mission for them

8f14270694.jpg

If you got 1 or 2 voyages remaining, you can save them for the next day. They wont reroll.

How will saving them help?

You will get one spot available and refill your rerolls which if you cant meet will have to reroll/risk anyways hence losing the missions

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

You will get one spot available and refill your rerolls which if you cant meet will have to reroll/risk anyways hence losing the missions

You could always just hope but you're right I'd rather just risk it.

It could be useful to push off the mission if you are still upgrading your ports, ship and crew allowing you to get the best opportunity to complete the mission. I've been sitting on a 6k seafaring mission for 3 days waiting until I max out all my upgrades before making the attempt.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Now you need to make it calc faster =d. Still takes multiple minutes to calc...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Now you need to make it calc faster =d. Still takes multiple minutes to calc...

There's not much I can do about that, sadly. I have optimized it as best I can. I just added a small note at the bottom of the results display that informs you of the calculations it performed (each calculation = one combination), to provide an idea of why it takes so long. :P

As an example, with 25 crew members and 5 captains, the configurator goes through 21,517,650 (I believe) unique combinations. The best suggestion I can provide is to use the latest version of your browser, as it should perform JIT compilation of the JavaScript and optimize it further. On my computer, the max combinations takes one minute to perform (Core i7 920). I can understand that it would be painful on weaker computers (e.g., Atom or ARM).

ozXHe7P.png

I've not been keeping up with this thread. Does anyone have the new armor yet, and if not, is there an estimate on how close people are to getting it?

No and no.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Considering that new mage armour requires 100 chi for one part, and most people have just received there 3rd scroll voyage and each set requires 12 in total (3 items requiring 4 scrolls each) I doubt we'll see full armours for a while still.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Considering that new mage armour requires 100 chi for one part, and most people have just received there 3rd scroll voyage and each set requires 12 in total (3 items requiring 4 scrolls each) I doubt we'll see full armours for a while still.

This

People seem to be getting scroll voyage every other day, if this is true and someone fails 0 of them that makes 24 days to get the scrolls for 1 armour set, then probably 1-2 more days at least to get the trade goods to make it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This

People seem to be getting scroll voyage every other day, if this is true and someone fails 0 of them that makes 24 days to get the scrolls for 1 armour set, then probably 1-2 more days at least to get the trade goods to make it.

It will take more like months...

Each voyage for a trade good is only one trade good.

And you need around 220 for a whole set.

That is thus 220 voyages or months to get that far.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

100% failure is a bug.

The percentage is correct, but it *is* random. Probability doesn't work out evenly with only a few missions. Probability only works out to the expected value if you have thousands of missions to spread the difference over.

If you averaged all the attempts at 95% voyages, I'm sure it would come out to about 95% by now. But you are such a small sample, and it is random.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I'm looking into the scrimshaws over armour, armour looks a pain in the rear end to earn/upkeep. Scrimshaws seem more useful in day to day usage i.e. skilling/slayer

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.