Behind the Scenes - October 2013

Nobody

Seems like quite a good month to me. Out of all the things in it though I look forward the most to the new quest, even though the new armour and new trees seems great as well.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Craftable high level gear that doesn't require beating WOW content misplaced into Runescape, holy shit. :shock:

• Like 2

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

So, a late March/early April event that had nothing do with Easter and a late October even that has nothing to do with Halloween. I didn't realize Jagex was becoming so politically correct. What's next? Will we have to help King Roald water his flower garden in December? <_<

After the loss of the Easter event this year, I was really looking forward to the Halloween event. :(

And how, exactly, is Explorer Jack's hat a "costume"?

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Two new music boxes (featuring new iconically 80s zombie dancing ) head the bill...We're bringing the newly non-combustible golden chinchompa back from the great beyond and offering it at no charge for members, or for a small Loyalty Point or RuneCoin price to free players.

Yeah so I'm pretty much excited for these things right here. I don't know if you guys know but the current music box is jammin'! Also that Chinchompa was just too cute for words.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Looks like a fairly decent month. Not that I'm going to try any of those updates, except the quest (and the event, if the XP is any good). But it still sounds fairly good.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

So, a late March/early April event that had nothing do with Easter and a late October even that has nothing to do with Halloween. I didn't realize Jagex was becoming so politically correct. What's next? Will we have to help King Roald water his flower garden in December? <_<

After the loss of the Easter event this year, I was really looking forward to the Halloween event. :(

Ok, this is no stab directly at you, but at the thoughts on the gielenor based events.

Post-guthix death jagex stated that they wanted to move away from the real world themed events. You can search for the news post on the web site if you want to... Its there somewhere. They want to do more game-themed events involving the world of gielenor. The first one was the creation of the tribute stone. Other games have more cyclical events like WoW's traveling festival. I was personally hoping that jagex would do something cyclical like WoW, but I think they are opting for one-off events under the premise of "I've been there and done that" completionist motive.

So far we've had:

Tribute stone creation

Rebuilding lumbridge

We really need a cool cyclical holiday event. The one-offs are nice and in my opinion they feel more like mini-world events.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well at easter they did specifically explain in the news post they wanted to move away from real world holidays in favour of Gielinor themed holidays.

Hence easter became Guthix Rememberance and will remain as such.

I guess Halloween will hence forth be 'Saradomin won holiday'

Anyone who expected an actual Halloween themed event was just setting themselves up for disappointment, the same can be said of Xmas.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well at easter they did specifically explain in the news post they wanted to move away from real world holidays in favour of Gielinor themed holidays.

Anyone who expected an actual Halloween themed event was just setting themselves up for disappointment, the same can be said of Xmas.

Lmao beat you :p

But yeah we need some iconic holiday events that will repeat yearly. I mean I think there is some wiggle room to make the guthix tribute a yearly event. Maybe making the tribute more grand and maybe a small festival that gathers in remembrance for guthix protecting the world and helping the lesser races. That would be cool to see a ceremonial guthixian druid tents, torches and strewn about in the festival area. Players could do skilling and PVM to get tribute pieces for the festival or something.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I won't believe that the new trees are worthwhile at all until I see them tested, but okay, it's good that that was the idea (the crystal trees at least, as they provide xp).

Rebuilding Lumbridge sounds good, the quest should be good, the armour is alright. I'm hoping that t90 melee power will arrive shortly, and that seismic/drygore/ascension prices level out fairly quickly (at this side of 200m please).

Despite the optimism, I doubt that will happen, unless they drastically change how Asc and Seismics are dropped, I dont think a simple armor set is going to balance something that is prices in a 1:4:20 ratio.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I won't believe that the new trees are worthwhile at all until I see them tested, but okay, it's good that that was the idea (the crystal trees at least, as they provide xp).

Rebuilding Lumbridge sounds good, the quest should be good, the armour is alright. I'm hoping that t90 melee power will arrive shortly, and that seismic/drygore/ascension prices level out fairly quickly (at this side of 200m please).

Despite the optimism, I doubt that will happen, unless they drastically change how Asc and Seismics are dropped, I dont think a simple armor set is going to balance something that is prices in a 1:4:20 ratio.

The new armour (if it doesnt crumble to dust) dropping from asc could certainly help level ascension to drygore, but seismics will of course remain ridiculously overpriced until such a time as Tectonic stops crumbling to dust to make it a bit more desirable to the average scaper and that drop tables get a serious bolster so that you aren't tied in to needing a team that stays together for days or weeks of Vorago kills for lootshare/rare drops to give everyone a reasonable payout.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

New trees will probably be a disappointment like the high level farming update was. I will be really surprised if sirenic armour won't degrade to dust like the tectonic armour does, also the concept art looks even worse than death lotus armour [hide][hide][hide]in my opinion[/hide][/hide][/hide]

Lmao beat you :P

But yeah we need some iconic holiday events that will repeat yearly. I mean I think there is some wiggle room to make the guthix tribute a yearly event. Maybe making the tribute more grand and maybe a small festival that gathers in remembrance for guthix protecting the world and helping the lesser races. That would be cool to see a ceremonial guthixian druid tents, torches and strewn about in the festival area. Players could do skilling and PVM to get tribute pieces for the festival or something.

This actually sounds like an excellent idea. I am sure of that the players would love something like this, as long as the rewards are good as well...Maybe each year there could be some new kind of conflict? Between the gods one year, between different races, and then you can of course add in plenty of humour and puzzles and combat as usual.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

New trees will probably be a disappointment like the high level farming update was. I will be really surprised if sirenic armour won't degrade to dust like the tectonic armour does, also the concept art looks even worse than death lotus armour [hide][hide][hide]in my opinion[/hide][/hide][/hide]

The sirenic actually holds a striking resemblance to obsidian. The nice touch is obviously the cape or whatever that is... I'm assuming a cape to show a bit of 'flare' to the set.

Lmao beat you :P

This actually sounds like an excellent idea. I am sure of that the players would love something like this, as long as the rewards are good as well...Maybe each year there could be some new kind of conflict? Between the gods one year, between different races, and then you can of course add in plenty of humour and puzzles and combat as usual.

Well the lunar festival in WoW involves collecting cards to create decks than in turn can be turned in. I was thinking along those lines of maybe collecting relics for certain gods. Once you collect a set of relics you could mysteriously gain an aura for certain game play styles. I would guess something like that would be interesting for the play base, keep lore in touch and not disturb player loyalty to factions as long as they name the auras appropriately.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think adding a Lv. 60 shortbow and shieldbow is a great idea, was definitely needed.

But I think that Dark bow should have been the Lv. 70 shortbow, while Crystal bow would have been the Lv. 70 shieldbow.

I think adding a Lv. 60 shortbow and shieldbow is a great idea, was definitely needed.

But I think that Dark bow should have been the Lv. 70 shortbow, while Crystal bow would have been the Lv. 70 shieldbow.

Why?

It'd just cause needless confusion to randomly invert the crystal bow from a short bow to a shield bow now and equally it would do the same to invert dark bow from a shield bow to a short bow at this point.

It makes perfect sense, if adding in 'normal' wood bows at 60 to simply slide the dark bow up to lvl 70 thereby completing the lvl 70 tier with a shield bow to compliment the existing short bow.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Why?

It'd just cause needless confusion to randomly invert the crystal bow from a short bow to a shield bow now and equally it would do the same to invert dark bow from a shield bow to a short bow at this point.

It makes perfect sense, if adding in 'normal' wood bows at 60 to simply slide the dark bow up to lvl 70 thereby completing the lvl 70 tier with a shield bow to compliment the existing short bow.

From a lore perspective I could see items from seren being more protective. From a gameplay perspective it seems easier to keep it as it is and move the dark bow.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The new armour (if it doesnt crumble to dust) dropping from asc could certainly help level ascension to drygore, but seismics will of course remain ridiculously overpriced until such a time as Tectonic stops crumbling to dust to make it a bit more desirable to the average scaper and that drop tables get a serious bolster so that you aren't tied in to needing a team that stays together for days or weeks of Vorago kills for lootshare/rare drops to give everyone a reasonable payout.

How? From the increased amount of Ascensions available in the game? Plausible but I think ultimately unlikely.

If I were to farm asc just for Sirenic armor, I would do the Legios that have the cheapest keys (for example Secundus, Tertius, Quartus and Sextus), which does not really help having more ascensions into the game. Of course, there will be more people farming for the Legios, but if Asc is level with Drygore in terms of pure damage, then I'd imagine it will drive the demand of Ascensions up, keeping the price afloat for a while at least. I personally think if that is the case, then Ascensions will be better than drygores because of its range, even though most of the monsters in the game are Melee.

Besides, Drygores are currently around 130m a pair, while asc are over 450m for a pair (225M each, since MH and OH are essentially the same item). Ascensions would need to fall below 100m each before there is any hope of that. With the prices of Keystones, and the probably increased in demand for the keys due to sirenic armor, I don't see that happening anytime soon, short of a complete overhaul of the Ascension Monastery mechanics.

Of course, these are what I am seeing, I certainly would not mind ascensions falling to around Drygore level in price, even though I do own a pair. I'd like to see Ascensions to be a more practical weapon rather than prestige/wealth weapons.

PS. This post is based on the interpretation that leveling Drygores with Ascensions means pricewise, not practical wise.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)