Behind the Scenes - October 2013

Nobody

Anyone who expected an actual Halloween themed event was just setting themselves up for disappointment, the same can be said of Xmas.

we all know themed rewards will be in sof/solomon these days like in last halloween

Crystal Bow

Zaryte Bow is also a Shortbow.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

No mention if the range armor will degrade to nothing like tectonic?

Ah well gathering ascention keys atm for a c bow should make a couple bucks off of the update with legio's being the best droppers. Just sold 10 primus keys last night though :sad:

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

There is no mention of if Sirenic will degrade at all (although it is wishful thinking, it'll probably incur a repair cost.)

Though I'd say it's either Tectonic or Ganodermic like degrade mechanism.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Maybe I'm just going off on a tangent, but I find shieldbows to be an asinine concept. Why didn't longbows just become like the mauls of Ranged, like 2h crossbows but for arrows? I'd rather see something akin to a wrist bow as a 1-hand "arrow" weapon designed for use with an actual shield.

Anyway, I really don't see the point of releasing very high level trees for lvl 60/65 gear. With the tiering system and general availability of higher level alternatives I just don't see these getting much use.

The way they're releasing level 90 Ranged armor also seems clumsy to me. I think it should come exclusively from the Ascension Dungeon, as Tectonic does from Vorago. For that matter, I have to wonder if the Kalphite Sentinel override was originally intended to be the melee power armor, but was diverted into an override because J didn't want to unbalance the triangle even more than Drygores already did.

Really, I'm just looking forward to the quest, as is typical... I wonder if the death animations will be for you or for your victim.

2dgucz6.png

so what is the best way to get this? I would prefer to range, as I need range exp as well. Thanks

.....you do realize this hasn't even been released yet, right? Kinda hard to know the "best way" >_>

We don't know in what quantities it drops, how much we need, etc. All we can do is guess, since they gave us a range of monsters. Not exactly much to go on.

Maybe I'm just going off on a tangent, but I find shieldbows to be an asinine concept. Why didn't longbows just become like the mauls of Ranged, like 2h crossbows but for arrows? I'd rather see something akin to a wrist bow as a 1-hand "arrow" weapon designed for use with an actual shield.

Anyway, I really don't see the point of releasing very high level trees for lvl 60/65 gear. With the tiering system and general availability of higher level alternatives I just don't see these getting much use.

The way they're releasing level 90 Ranged armor also seems clumsy to me. I think it should come exclusively from the Ascension Dungeon, as Tectonic does from Vorago. For that matter, I have to wonder if the Kalphite Sentinel override was originally intended to be the melee power armor, but was diverted into an override because J didn't want to unbalance the triangle even more than Drygores already did.

Really, I'm just looking forward to the quest, as is typical... I wonder if the death animations will be for you or for your victim.

Because speed stat is a completely useless statistic in EoC. There are already two types of bows, Shortbow and Longbow, would have been quite logical to have 1 act as DPS weapon and the other as a Tank weapon, seeing how Bows are all two handed.

If we had Shortbow and Longbow both do damage, and Longbow is, as you say, Ranged Equivalent of Maul, then Longbow would literally be useless because shortbow would beat it in every way possible except under the rare circumstance where you want your first auto attack on the target to be higher than normal. For target switching the slower the weapon it is, the worse off it is.

Long story short (no pun intended), it is utterly pointless in EoC to have 2 different DPS weapons differing only in speed, because ultimately only the faster weapon will be used, while the slower weapon will most likely be forgotten. May as well make it a shield bow, so it has some sort of variety, no matter how useless. (I am comparing something that is nearly useless, to something which is completely useless).

The fact Maul is famous is purely because it is literally the only 2h weapon t80 melee weapon in the game, which made it best Melee weapon in the game purely because back then DW sucked, even for Drygores. After DW fix, Maul has nearly nothing over Chaotic Claws apart from the long term upkeep. Speed has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png

I could have sworn that the only difference between DW and 2h was being able to use dual-wield abilities instead of 2h abilities.

No difference when using abilities, since you'll be using abilities at the same speed and dealing pretty much the same damage.

If speed stat is useless, then why would a faster weapon be better?

Poor phrasing. I should not have written it's completely useless

Faster weapon have faster auto attack, therefore faster tagging response than a slower weapon, but it is of no use outside of that (IE speed, and thus the resulting weapon damage on the description of the weapon, is useless to compare two weapons with)...

My apologies

tim_chenw2.png

The difference between the speed with regards to ability damage is ~1% at very best, worth releasing two different speed but otherwise identical weapons? No.

I also forgot to mention, the last time I tested it, power armor do not add damage correctly to 2h. It only adds 1x the power armor damage, where it should have been x1.5, as it is for Dual wield.

Lastly, only Melee has an ability with the word Auto attack in its text, for Ranged and Magic it doesn't exist.

tim_chenw2.png

They sure are addicted to blue as of lately; hope I don't have to spend a year before gathering all the scales for the armour. First T9 armour and it's from a non-boss O.o wat

so long pernix

I won't believe that the new trees are worthwhile at all until I see them tested, but okay, it's good that that was the idea (the crystal trees at least, as they provide xp).

Rebuilding Lumbridge sounds good, the quest should be good, the armour is alright. I'm hoping that t90 melee power will arrive shortly, and that seismic/drygore/ascension prices level out fairly quickly (at this side of 200m please).

Despite the optimism, I doubt that will happen, unless they drastically change how Asc and Seismics are dropped, I dont think a simple armor set is going to balance something that is prices in a 1:4:20 ratio.

The new armour (if it doesnt crumble to dust) dropping from asc could certainly help level ascension to drygore, but seismics will of course remain ridiculously overpriced until such a time as Tectonic stops crumbling to dust to make it a bit more desirable to the average scaper and that drop tables get a serious bolster so that you aren't tied in to needing a team that stays together for days or weeks of Vorago kills for lootshare/rare drops to give everyone a reasonable payout.

ooh damn forgot about that.

yay more dust!

pced wand yesterday at 2150-2220 LOL

I'll be honest ... holiday events have become incredibly stale for me. Haven't done one in years. There's only so many ways you can spin Christmas or Halloween. Not saying others should be deprived of them, but I approve of the Lumbridge event this time.

I do miss my Rubber chicken and easter ring, forever lost because of RS3. Still have the scarfs though.

haven't done any other ones since then xD

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Is it just me, or has no one said anything about how they didn't release the dwarf quest last month, also didn't say anything about it in this behind the scenes?

Its because the Dwarf Quest is still planned for this week. Jagex probably still consider it a September update because the week started with September 30. So, Its not because the update isn't coming, its just because its not really an october update.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

cautiously optimistic about the updates planned for the month - interested to see how they portray the rebuilding of Lumbridge and about the implication of the 'infamous' Battle of Lumbridge

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Is it just me, or has no one said anything about how they didn't release the dwarf quest last month, also didn't say anything about it in this behind the scenes?

Its because the Dwarf Quest is still planned for this week. Jagex probably still consider it a September update because the week started with September 30. So, Its not because the update isn't coming, its just because its not really an october update.

Yeah conventionally they have never repeated an update in the BTS when it has slipped over in to next month, be it because of a weeks delay (eg dwarf and loyalty) or be it a slip of a day or 2 (eg due out on tuesday 31st and slips to wednesday 1st)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well the lunar festival in WoW involves collecting cards to create decks than in turn can be turned in. I was thinking along those lines of maybe collecting relics for certain gods. Once you collect a set of relics you could mysteriously gain an aura for certain game play styles. I would guess something like that would be interesting for the play base, keep lore in touch and not disturb player loyalty to factions as long as they name the auras appropriately.

A.) That isn't what the lunar festival is in the slightest.

B.) Releasing non-cosmetic powerful rewards would not be good for the game.

isiildur.png

Well the lunar festival in WoW involves collecting cards to create decks than in turn can be turned in. I was thinking along those lines of maybe collecting relics for certain gods. Once you collect a set of relics you could mysteriously gain an aura for certain game play styles. I would guess something like that would be interesting for the play base, keep lore in touch and not disturb player loyalty to factions as long as they name the auras appropriately.

Ok, well I'm not aiming to be correct in terms of what the event will "reward", but to have a certain concept displayed. That concept is having a cyclical holiday event based on in-game lore. The rewards can remain cosmetic as typical runescape holiday rewards often are. But it's the meaning that's re-explored year after year in these holidays.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So releasing new rares into the game for "holiday" events would be bad?

waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit a second.........

• Like 1
meamzed.png

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone given any thought about what they meant when they said "coming to the shores near you" with the MPD BTS video? All I could think was POP 2.0, but I am skeptical that it would come so early and so fast.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I am skeptical that it would come so early and so fast.

............that's what she said.

I think connecting MPD and PoP v2 is a huge stretch.

• Like 1

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png