Missing, Presumed Death

Nobody

What would happen with god power if player would kill god?

The "god power" would act as it did when guthix died. We can't ascend to godhood.

Are you 100% sure, god power wouldn't vanish?

I'm almost certain it was mentioned recently, but I've checked for a long time and can't find a source to it. I apologize.

Possibly due to the murder of Guthix, Death was reluctant to discuss what happens with a god dies. He did, however, detail that a god gives up the right to an afterlife when they ascend. Instead their energy is transferred back into the world upon death.

From the Book of the underworld, last page.

howlin1eeveesig.png

the stone actually represents a shitload of power, since somebody in the quest stated that it had the potential to banish the gods again, like guthix did

i'm going to be optimistic and say that this act would also end up sealing off the stone of jas forever when it is used for this purpose

But that also brings the question what mortal can use ONLY the stone and end up doing that? And don't say the player, thats some bs.

The reasons why the gods want the stone so much is because they already have power more than the power you had when you used the stone.

while it might be bullshit that the player would be the one to use the stone for that, it's also bullshit that all the players were pure enough to take the wand of ressurection, so

take your pick of the shit litter

8f14270694.jpg

Sliske the World Guardian? What if Sliske was assigned the same task that we were upon coming across Guthix and he just happens to be better at it. What would we acting strictly upon our World Guardian duties want to do. Gain control of elder artifacts especially the known powerful ones like that staff that kills Gods and the Stone of Jas...check. Kill off Gods...started with Guthix possibly upon Guthix's orders, check. Make a plan to kill off other Gods....check.

It could explain why whether sliske is a god is so important a question. In the other cases we know of Guthix and Zamorak gained the power without even really trying, we don't know of any situation where the staff "stored the power". We also didn't hear anything when Zammy took out Zaros of lingering God Power. Could the reason that Guthix's power went everywhere instead of being absorbed be that Sliske also has the World Guardian powers? So when he was unable to absorb Guthix's powers it exploded out into the world?

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

we kicked this off with killing Guthix, the most popular god with Zaros second.

FTFY!!

Guthix is by far the most popular god ever existed!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

So.. any photos of the zaros mist, please?

Not mine but these were on reddit.

[hide]

zzIHxdD.jpg

xiCVBev.png

[/hide]

Thank you.

Looked more like a diamond than mist to me tbh

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

That seems kind of odd if they actually plan on having one of those gods die though, considering that most of them are pretty popular, and all...

I agree, I doubt that the challenge is limited to the gods present at the ascension, it's just that not all gods are important enough to be present (taking Brassica Prime as a joke, and Itchlarin as personal grudge). I think Sliske might count gods killed up to the eclipse, without a time limit in the past. That puts the score at Sliske (and Guthix) - 1 and everyone else - 0.

As for available gods, I think Amascut is definitely up for killing, given that she's gone mad and no longer serves her purpose anyway. Any god who is killed by a mortal can effectively be replaced by that mortal (unless it's the player), so that's an option for Marimbo, Tumeken, Elidinis and Icthlarin. Het, Apmeken, Crondis and Scarabas are demi-gods (according to RSwiki) but may still be good targets (SW avatars would be targets then also, which seems unlikely). Finally, there's always Tuska and such, so if you can find the Sword, you can open portals until you find a proper target. The only gods who are probably safe are those with their own faction - Zaros, Seren, Armadyl, Bandos, Zamorak and Saradomin.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Sliske the World Guardian? What if Sliske was assigned the same task that we were upon coming across Guthix and he just happens to be better at it. What would we acting strictly upon our World Guardian duties want to do. Gain control of elder artifacts especially the known powerful ones like that staff that kills Gods and the Stone of Jas...check. Kill off Gods...started with Guthix possibly upon Guthix's orders, check. Make a plan to kill off other Gods....check.

It could explain why whether sliske is a god is so important a question. In the other cases we know of Guthix and Zamorak gained the power without even really trying, we don't know of any situation where the staff "stored the power". We also didn't hear anything when Zammy took out Zaros of lingering God Power. Could the reason that Guthix's power went everywhere instead of being absorbed be that Sliske also has the World Guardian powers? So when he was unable to absorb Guthix's powers it exploded out into the world?

No. It's a fun scenario, but it's the most unlikely thing ever. Also, it would effectively trash on all the lore of the TWW and all the events that have followed, completely. Also, Guthix is not the sort of person who would lie to the player or mislead him. Sliske is not the good guy, or a closet Guthixian. It would be a completely illogical plot twist.

No. It's a fun scenario, but it's the most unlikely thing ever. Also, it would effectively trash on all the lore of the TWW and all the events that have followed, completely. Also, Guthix is not the sort of person who would lie to the player or mislead him. Sliske is not the good guy, or a closet Guthixian. It would be a completely illogical plot twist.

I don't think our World Guardian remit would be to collect super powerful artefacts where only we can use them becoming uber powerful ourselves and making a big bullseye for people to attack.

Nor do I think it includes killing gods, we are meant to protect the world from gods, attacking them is just going to lead to wars and possibly more damage like the wilderness and the bol. And by all accounts Guthix is as much a pacifist as Seren, even in the face of the God wars he didn't raise an army or attack anyone.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't see how it would trash the lore of TWW. I think it would explain better why Guthix didn't fight back. I think Guthix should have fought had he expected that his death would cause the ascension of another God. Unless Sliske can't become a God. Guthix seems like the type that would want a back-up plan. He also only had a limited time to tell us what he thought we had to know, mainly his history and why he is so vehemently anti-god. Being a World Guardian wouldn't necessarily make Sliske a good guy, in fact many players would be directly opposed to the full objectives of ridding the world of all Gods in such a brutal fashion, especially the ones they follow or respect.

I don't think our World Guardian remit would be to collect super powerful artefacts where only we can use them becoming uber powerful ourselves and making a big bullseye for people to attack.

Nor do I think it includes killing gods, we are meant to protect the world from gods, attacking them is just going to lead to wars and possibly more damage like the wilderness and the bol. And by all accounts Guthix is as much a pacifist as Seren, even in the face of the God wars he didn't raise an army or attack anyone.

I disagree. If the point of the World Guardian is to protect the world from gods then surely we'd want to get ahold of all of these artifacts that could potentially create new Gods and prevent them from doing so. World Guardians are really the only ones that could do the collecting without risk of ascension or aiding the Gods further.

A God war is brewing and I don't really see a way to end it without direct intervention. Better a quick bloody battle now then a long drawn out war of attrition that may have even more long-lasting effects.

Sliske has laid out a plan that would effectively have the highest chance of the most dead Gods quickly and effectively with the least civilian casualties. He said whoever causes the most deaths of the Gods which means the Gods have to kill each other personally or else a mortal may win the Stone. He also set a time frame which will limit the Gods' chances of fighting over territory, artifacts, or just shoring up their own power. He's effectively created a scenario with the least chance of casualties among non-gods that their can be considering that a war is coming anyway.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Oh, also a cool bit of trivia from Mod Timbo. Players in MPD sided with Icthlarin the most, Guthix second most, and Zaros third.

The trouble is Sliske's plan turns peaceful gods violent and only kills off the weak and disinterested gods.

It's a battle where the survivors would be the worst of the gods to remain and, in killing each other, they would garner more power making it less possible to remove them.

God's likely to be killed in such a game are the Desert Pantheon, Marimbo, Brassica Prime, Fremmink Gods, Karamajan Gods, Seren and Armadyl all gods (ignoring Amascut) with little intent to do harm or seek power. Gods who have existed peacefully with little influence on wars and fighting.

Those left behind will be Zamorak, Zaros, Saradomin, Bandos and their kin; those whose power and ruthlessness outstrips all others and in having killed other gods they would've garnered more power and more battle lust to inflict on those who remains.

Just because it is about killing gods does not mean wars can't be fought with civilian casualties and massive damage; heck the power of two gods directly fighting alone causes massive damage. You think Saradomin is going to march in without his centaurs and white knights or Zamorak without his demons and behemoths and seekers? You think just because the goal is to kill each other they are only going to fight 1-on-1 without any of the devout followers trying to protect them or punch a whole in the defence of other gods? You think their fighting, even 1-on-1 won't destroy huge segments of the landscape? Look what happened to Lumbridge from Saradomin and Zamorak coming to blows. The best way to minimise damage is to not incite battling at all and do everything in our power to stop gods battling whilst figuring out other ways to dispose of those who would fight. A war may be coming, but that war was unlikely to engage ALL of the gods like Sliske's plan does and it was likely to be smaller battles in more contained areas as gods target the weak spots of faith. Sliske's game is just an invitation to get every last god in Gielinor to start battling in every corner of the world as the fancy takes them. Targetting big seats of power rather than outlying places to secure more power. It's asking for god's to descended on Falador to disrupt Saradomin. It's asking for the sky citadels to be turned into battlefields that could crash down almost anywhere.

As for the elder artefacts, protect them from the gods, certainly. Collect them up big no no. The only way to protect such artefacts is for them to be lost, the way we tried to lose the Stone of Jas. Merely collecting them up just creates a big target for gods to attack and one that could easily causes other to ascend if they come too close.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh, also a cool bit of trivia from Mod Timbo. Players in MPD sided with Icthlarin the most, Guthix second most, and Zaros third.

Misleading, as you could only side with Guthix upon completion of The World Wakes, correct? I doubt a bunch of novice questers have completed TWW, so supporting Guthix wasn't an option for them.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Misleading, as you could only side with Guthix upon completion of The World Wakes, correct? I doubt a bunch of novice questers have completed TWW, so supporting Guthix wasn't an option for them.

Not entirely misleading though:

Novices did not have the chance to pick Guthix (though TWW only needs 140 cmb so it's doable by many) and equally many may not of had the Zaros choice.

Everyone did however have Sara, arma, bandos, icth, zammy and sliske choices.

The fact that in spite of this limitation Guthix and Zaros still reached 2nd and 3rd most popular says something.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It also says something about why Icthlarin is 1st, considering that everyone has that option, and he is practically the only level headed god there. (granted, that the other gods don't really get as much time in the limelight as Icthlarin does in this quest)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I've realised today I had a graphically glitch that made the citadel far cooler:

The floor in the throne room was missing so I just had podiums, the swirling pattern, the carpet down the middle and sky as-if it had a glass floor.

I was kinda disappointed when I saw screenies and realised that cool glass floor was a glitch.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Not entirely misleading though

Novices did not have the chance to pick Guthix (though TWW only needs 140 cmb so it's doable by many) and equally many may not of had the Zaros choice.

The fact that in spite of this limitation Guthix and Zaros still reached 2nd and 3rd most popular says something.

I just realized though, that some people who don't understand lore may have picked the "(unlocked by {quest})" options just because it said they were unlocked by some quest. I know I was always leaning toewards those options even if it wasn't actually related, ie: I chose to say I thought it was monks from zamorak because that was unlocked by a quest (earlier dialog in MPD).

That could factor some into why the other values win.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Not entirely misleading though:

OK. Was there a second page or something? I just remember seeing Guthix on the first page, and since my character is Guthixian chose that automatically.

Didn't see Zaros as an option (or, consequently, that Zaros also required a quest (Temple At Sennttisten?))

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

yeah, Zaros required temple at seinstein

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I don't see how it would trash the lore of TWW. I think it would explain better why Guthix didn't fight back. I think Guthix should have fought had he expected that his death would cause the ascension of another God. Unless Sliske can't become a God. Guthix seems like the type that would want a back-up plan. He also only had a limited time to tell us what he thought we had to know, mainly his history and why he is so vehemently anti-god. Being a World Guardian wouldn't necessarily make Sliske a good guy, in fact many players would be directly opposed to the full objectives of ridding the world of all Gods in such a brutal fashion, especially the ones they follow or respect.

How does it better explain why Guthix didn't fight back than the current explanation? Guthix wanted to die because he had become that which he had hated (a god), had missed his family, and thought that his own interference in Gelinor had been disproportionately imbalanced. So once Sliske entered Guthix's resting place and was trying to navigate it, Guthix had been aware of this from the start and had decided that he would allow himself to be killed. Even the Automatons guarding Guthix's resting place are aware that there is a Mahjarrat presence, from the very start.

Guthix was aware that his death would directly descend into chaos (all the Gods would return), and everyone knows this; that's why they are trying to kill Guthix in the first place, so their respective Gods will return and seek dominance. However, Guthix's view is that the world belongs to mortals, and that they must ultimately depend on themselves and their own potentials in order to rid the world of gods. If they depend on another god to shield themselves from the others, that will still leave the god they depend on to be in a disproportionately empowered state.

Also, Guthix does have a 'back-up' plan, it's the player, he is the final Guardian of Guthix. Guthix specifically gives the player enough power to be able to withstand the power of other gods, but not become a god himself. In fact, a constant theme in the Guardian of Guthixs is that they all have constraints, so that they don't become too powerful to upset the natural balance. They all have powers, but they must work together with others.

And the World Guardian is inherently a 'good' role. Because it's a role that Guthix created and defined. Guthix defines anyone willing to respect the natural balance of the world (free from godlike interference or undue power) as good. Sliske is anything but that. He is cunning, devious, reckless, malicious, and completely power hungry, and tries to obtain the Stone of Jas and the Staff before the events of TWW, and sets out to kill Guthix so that he could either a) let Zaros come back, or b) ascend to Godhood himself by stealing Guthix's power. Why in the world would Guthix select someone like this to be a World Guardian? He's an even worse candidate than Ocellus who was openly ostrasized by all the other Guardians of Guthix. Again, it makes absolutely no sense.

That's the current explanation and it is a completely airtight one. How does your scenario improve on it?

And the World Guardian is inherently a 'good' role. Because it's a role that Guthix created and defined. Guthix defines anyone willing to respect the natural balance of the world (free from godlike interference or undue power) as good.

The balance of the natural world isn't good or bad though. It just is, and maintaining it in times of strife could lead to some bad decisions later down the line in order to maintain that balance.

To sort of jump back a few posts before, I think Icthlarin's choice of side is a lot of what Guthixians would have chosen. The best way at that time, to the best of our knowledge, was to get them to not play Sliske's game. A deadly contest for the Stone of Jas, regardless if it was really on the table, is one of the quickest way to disrupt the natural balance of the world. So even though novices might not be able to choose Guthixian, I think once they reach that point of learning what happened during TWW, it will put the choice you're guided to originally (icthlarin) into perspective.

hzvjpwS.gif

And the World Guardian is inherently a 'good' role. Because it's a role that Guthix created and defined. Guthix defines anyone willing to respect the natural balance of the world (free from godlike interference or undue power) as good.

The balance of the natural world isn't good or bad though. It just is, and maintaining it in times of strife could lead to some bad decisions later down the line in order to maintain that balance.

To sort of jump back a few posts before, I think Icthlarin's choice of side is a lot of what Guthixians would have chosen. The best way at that time, to the best of our knowledge, was to get them to not play Sliske's game. A deadly contest for the Stone of Jas, regardless if it was really on the table, is one of the quickest way to disrupt the natural balance of the world. So even though novices might not be able to choose Guthixian, I think once they reach that point of learning what happened during TWW, it will put the choice you're guided to originally (icthlarin) into perspective.

By 'good' all I mean is something that the person in question would 'approve of'. Guthix is the person in question, and he definitely spends his life desiring a balanced world, and as such that's something he would approve of and find good.