7-Jan-2014 - Player-Owned Ports - The Next Journey

Saradomin_Mage

A Joint Acquisition between the Chef and the Biologist at Pincer level has 3 spices and 7 pearls as a reward, with a difficulty of 22500 Seafaring.

3 spices?

Yeah, 3 spices. You know, for his 'perfect dish' :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I assume that it's a bug, since it would make more sense if it was 3 scales and 7 pearls (considering the normal version gives 1 scale and 4 pearls), and 3 spices is bizarrely odd

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

r8yuf6.png

HARD DECISION

You make me so glad I'm comped so I know I'm getting a free reefwalker cape in stats when I complete the scrolls. I so want the new tank ring...

Take the Double, chances are you'll complete the scrolls long before you have enough for the ring and/or cape, and missionary is going to give you bones at best.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I assume that it's a bug, since it would make more sense if it was 3 scales and 7 pearls (considering the normal version gives 1 scale and 4 pearls), and 3 spices is bizarrely odd

It's a Joint Acquisition between the Biologist and the Chef. It's the Trapper that gives 1 scale and 4 pearls as his standard. Probably Trapper + Assassin for 3 scales + 7 pearls.

Not to mention warehouse upgrades probably use less graphics than even the icons do: All they gotta do is stick a couple of piles/boxes/barrels of the new resource in and maybe recolour the puffer fish again.

I lol'd. Thanks Sy :P

r8yuf6.png

HARD DECISION

Here's what you should do, close the voyage interface and spin the SOF first.
  • Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

So here's some interesting voyage info:

I had the occultist and missionary duo mission today, 900 steel. Given that I have over 400k steel I was putting it off (probably not even going to bother doing it TBH).

I got one of the occultist solo voyages (An Arcane Bounty, 5 chi, double 11.5k) as a standard mission. Sent it out, and now I only have the missionary for my special (it changed to bones, so good for me?).

Be careful and read exactly what missions you're sending out now and how it will affect your adventurers in port.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

I don't think so, unless it's the 'Meet the Chef' mission you're after (and then I'm still not sure, but it seems everybody's been getting the new adventurer introductions very quickly, up to two per day).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Hmmm, after doing some adventure stories of the three new blokes, I have once again to say: MINIMUM INPUT. Their stories are so dull, "yeah, let's research some more on building techniques", "ooh yeah, I'm going to hunt, ON MY OWN". That's basically it, no more story. I hope the later voyages show SOME story...

The meeting stories aren't all that complex... a bit less than the originals I suppose? But hopefully the real story missions are decent.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

So, regarding this update

Does anyone know where your grave goes when you die in an instanced nex?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

The meeting stories aren't all that complex... a bit less than the originals I suppose? But hopefully the real story missions are decent.

The first real story missions are still about researching and hunting, explained in 3 sentences, without any new info or background.

• Like 2

Adventurer missions are never standard. Duo missions always disappear whenever you send out one of the adventurers involved, and the other adventurer gets a replacement mission.

With all due respect...this mission showed up in the standard mission tab. I am 100% certain of this. I don't know if it's a glitch or intended, but it was NOT a special mission. I had one special mission at the time, the 900 steel duo.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

I didn't get my 4th scroll voyage tonight. I am so bummed... I wanted to be the first to comp with the tank/comp cape. I'll have to settle with knowing I'll be one of the furst players to potentially get it on the 4th day after release.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I didn't get my 4th scroll voyage tonight. I am so bummed... I wanted to be the first to comp with the tank/comp cape. I'll have to settle with knowing I'll be one of the furst players to potentially get it on the 4th day after release.

You do realize someone might have had a scroll voyage ready, used 2 adv rerolls to get 2 more scroll voyages, then done a random event and gotten another reroll/scroll voyage, thus getting all 4 scrolls in ~14 hours? yeah...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You do realize someone might have had a scroll voyage ready, used 2 adv rerolls to get 2 more scroll voyages, then done a random event and gotten another reroll/scroll voyage, thus getting all 4 scrolls in ~14 hours? yeah...
Highly unlikely, but enough to crush my dreams.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have 2 scrolls pieces, and 2 scroll voyages today. So I might be able to get it later today.

You sir, reside at the core of my envy.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If I didn't fail my first scroll voyage I'd actually have my comp cape back now:P

Sitting on another scroll voyage, sending it out in about 8 hours, but at this point I'd rather chase distance to unlock the next region sooner.

6Ij0n.jpg

Well let's look at it this way... when we both get our next successful scroll we will not only be re-comped, but also have a cape geared for both attacker and tank rolls. I really like that...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well, I want my Comp back, of course, but Max isn't that bad. Especially now that I don't range in PVM, so I don't have to worry about bolts. If it takes another few days (assuming I fail the two scrolls from today), whatever, I can handle it.

I'm wondering how the new regions will pan out in terms of captain traits.

Previously we settled on the +100 being best iirc as most voyages didn't not exceed 10k reqs thus rendering +1% < +100

But we were kind of skating the boundary and with these new regions there's a very real chance we are going to be mostly 10k+ now which would render the +1% better.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Does anyone know where your grave goes if you die in a nex instance?

Also, does anyone know if they raised the resource cap on chimes? Previously it was 200k. would suck if it is 25k or 50k for new captains... if you cant bank a decent amount of money to go through a few hirings. Unless the new region missions give you 5-10k chimes on basic missions

I have also noticed the bug where when you fail and you have a 2 hour drydock... yeah, they didn't fix that. Dito with lifeboats not getting used. Yay!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Would I be best off just ditching my three oxheads, replacing them with one of each single-stat crew, or are they still worth using on the triple stat voyages? (keeping one of the three)

There is no reason to switch any crew before getting to a new region- you wouldn't be able to train any of them to be worth it. In general, it is highly unlikely(or almost impossible) that oxheads will now be useful post pincers(as we have already seen loop crew be 1500 per).

A tip to anyone in the same boat as most of us(gathering distance): success doesn't matter. You are better off doing a 700 steel mission at 0% than 140 steel mission at 100%.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.