Behind The Scenes - May

Sylpheed

I'm wondering if the next item collector will be the much awaited coin collector.

Probably not...but dare to dream.

Nope probably "bag of wind" that blows ashes automatically for you.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm wondering if the next item collector will be the much awaited coin collector.

Or a can of Baked Beans would work just as well.

• Like 4
Sylpheed.png

would be cool if the gem bag also could hold half keys

or crystal trisk fragments

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

tentacle themed abilities? k

"what's this memory fragment?....okay, so there's zaros, and there's char, and OMG AAAAAAAAHHHHHH"

i really hope the bag holds spirit gems now, because these stupid things are hogging bank space but i don't want to throw them out

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Urs already convert ashes to prayer exp. While the item you suggests make sense, wouldn't they avoid overlap like that? Then again they did say like bonecrusher, so you're probably right.

I wonder if they'll change urns as a result.

hzvjpwS.gif

it's like they stopped making it so you have to do all the floors, except not and they just put in this convoluted system instead of just letting you not have to do all the floors

8f14270694.jpg

A bit of a curveball idea of the 'item collector' could be:

There are a few more 'bits' to buy like a coin hoover and such, but then the actual 'item collector' could be a slayer hlem esque construct - eg you can put in herbicide, seedicide, bonecrusher, charming imp, gem bag, coal bag, maybe even prayer urns and it'd be a composite of their functions.

• Like 4

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Looks like a very empty month to me. A few small ninja fixes, a temporary addition to the daily challenges system and a couple of things that should have been added to the rewards of the previous quests? People have been using the term "filler month". I couldn't agree more. And then I am one of few on here who actually thinks Jagex do a good job the far most of the time. 

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Let's keep in mind this is the month we'll see most, if not all, of the things in Beta transition to live... If you're calling it a light/filler month, makes sense to me.

That being said, it still sounds like a fairly good month to me. I'm quite looking forward to the combat changes mentioned and I feel there are other things planned they haven't mentioned yet as well.

Wasn't May supposed to be the busy month, and hence the emptiness/filler is pretty justified?

I hope that means Elf City (still should have been Invention) is coming out in June then.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Wasn't May supposed to be the busy month, and hence the emptiness/filler is pretty justified?

I hope that means Elf City (still should have been Invention) is coming out in June then.

Nope.

The initial poll eta was 'summer'

Later polls then went to july/august

Most recent polls and QAs etc all said Sept.

Elf City is not happening for a while yet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm pretty sure Elf City has been delayed until August/September as it was mentioned in one of the previous power to the players polls. Might be wrong though.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I kinda wonder if summer will see a relative mass of quests to make numbers up - elf city and elf conclusion would after all would make a very apt quest 200 and there's no way they have time to dev something else big enough to overshadow that, anc thus be worth of quest 200 status, I don't think.

I mean we are at 194 - assuming Sept launch for elf city that'd be 1 a month june-sept (not counting elf) plus 1 extra to make it so elf is the big 200.

Either way unless their 'back to 10-12 quests a year' blurb turns out to be utter bull it certainly seems the 200 landmark will be happening this year.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Just a wild guess but perhaps the new resource dungeon will be the location for elder divination and just a way to make the list sound more impressive.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Just a wild guess but perhaps the new resource dungeon will be the location for elder divination and just a way to make the list sound more impressive.

As far as I know elder divination is located on the crater is Freneskae

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

That would make more sense :P

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

That would make more sense :P

Especially seeing as elder div is out on mon/tues whilst the dg update is the 19th at the earliest.

Resource dung I'd imagine would tie in to the new slayer task, unless the task is frosts.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I don't keep up with what's best and all that, but I'm assuming Dragon Throwing Knives are going to already be far outclassed by what we already have?

Probably, if we follow the pattern of pretty much all previous dragon items. Jagex took such a long time releasing them that they were eventually nowhere near the best gear (as they were in the early days), yet probably because for lore related reasons (dragon items are still significant in the game's mythos), they are still releasing them slowly, through high level avenues.