Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Zoom wouldn't make a difference.

For once thing there is a player load radius, people too far away aren't loaded, if u zoom far out it doesnt change it just means people will randomly disappear.

For another there's a limit on players loaded, which is why at ge and other very busy places you kind of get a halo of emptyness round the edge on the mini-map/screen and the halo shifts with you.

Clearly you've never really gotten it to click with you, much less tried it. (You didn't actually try it, did you.) What you're describing only happens at ridiculously high numbers, like 20000 ortho. Playing at certain settings of ortho or zoom mode gives off either a Runescape classic/Diablo/Ultima vibe or an action-adventure 3rd person game. It's like you're actually playing an RPG.

The chances of Jagex releasing it is, of course, close to null. Except maybe ortho, for handheld devices.

EDIT:

Maybe they'll be able to release a safer subset in the future, but just because it's programmed in there doesn't mean it's safe for general use.

I can already use my screen on resizeable to stretch quite far sideways that it gives me an enormous advantage in line of sight. Heh. All they have to do is put an upper/lower bound limit. You'll be unable to zoom lower than 150 or higher than 425, for example. (Actually, if you zoom higher than 425, your mouse will not register its clicks if you have a bird's eye view. At a certain point you start hitting the very ceiling of the game world and see absolutely nothing.)

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Zoom wouldn't make a difference.

For once thing there is a player load radius, people too far away aren't loaded, if u zoom far out it doesnt change it just means people will randomly disappear.

For another there's a limit on players loaded, which is why at ge and other very busy places you kind of get a halo of emptyness round the edge on the mini-map/screen and the halo shifts with you.

Clearly you've never really gotten it to click with you, much less tried it. (You didn't actually try it, did you.) What you're describing only happens at ridiculously high numbers, like 20000 ortho. Playing at certain settings of ortho or zoom mode gives off either a Runescape classic/Diablo/Ultima vibe or an action-adventure 3rd person game. It's like you're actually playing an RPG.

The chances of Jagex releasing it is, of course, close to null. Except maybe ortho, for handheld devices.

So what if it "only happens at ridiculously high numbers" it is still perfectly true that it shouldn't cause any extra or excess server load as the map load region and number of players the game will display to you IS limited.

If you go somewhere where you are already getting that halo effect as it's soo busy you could zoom out all you like you're still only gonna see that small halo of people.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The only time I get your so-called halo effect is when loading the screen upon login in a crowded place. That's it.

In that case, how are you able to see all the players at the ge on world 2? I can only see a small portion at a time depending on my location.

The only time I get your so-called halo effect is when loading the screen upon login in a crowded place. That's it.

In that case, how are you able to see all the players at the ge on world 2? I can only see a small portion at a time depending on my location.

Yeah it doesn't happen in a HUUUUUUUGE amount of locations, I've only ever got it ge world 2, holiday events right after launch and soulwars waiting area and even then sometimes you only spot it on the mini-map and not on your game screen; places where you very literally have like 300+ players crammed in to one area, if not closer to 1000.

But the point still exists:

The game DOES have a limiting factor on how many players you can view to avoid server overload.

So extra zoom options aren't going to cause extra server load, it would just mean you have unloaded players lurking around the edge of the view area more often than you do on standard zooms.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thought this deserved some discussion after seeing the video in the post rs screenshots etc. thread. I didn't discover any of this btw, just thought it was fascinating and had some future update discussion value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdy_elSmtk8

To get there, use the fairy ring code: 'D I R' followed by 'A K S' (Don't worry it was leaked in the youtube comments anyway - so my killing will not be necessary :D)

Random stuff:

The mural's examine is "An image of creatures destroying a city."

Unusual anvil's examine is "I may be able to make unusual things on it."

The examine of the Tetrahedron 4 is "A small stone carving."

There are some agility obstacles such as rope swing, jump wall, pipe etc.

Some statue examines:

"It doesn't look like it's meant to be a human."

"It's been examining the ground for a few millenia."

"It's missing an arm"

Large Pics:

Mural

[hide]murale.png[/hide]

Rubble + 'Tetrahedron 4' item obtained from it

[hide]rubbleandtetrahedron4.png[/hide]

Statue + Wall design

[hide]statuea.png[/hide]

Wall design puzzle?

[hide]walldesign2.png[/hide]

Some sort of entrance to the west

[hide]westentrance.png[/hide]

2vuhgcn.png

Interesting...

RotM???

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

No twitpic this week so far it seems (or not that I could find).... No update week?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

No twitpic this week so far it seems (or not that I could find).... No update week?

I'd call no update week.

They usually do it the week before last of the month; and wording of bts does say loyalty thingie is coming at end of month

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'd call no update week.

They usually do it the week before last of the month; and wording of bts does say loyalty thingie is coming at end of month

Isn't it possible that the Katana is the loyalty thing Jagex was talking about?

howlin1eeveesig.png

I'd call no update week.

Isn't it possible that the Katana is the loyalty thing Jagex was talking about?

I don't think so. I believe the bts mentioned gaining loyalty points for having membership each month after it comes out, talked about auras, new costumes, etc. Not just one item that you get by purchasing a membership card from a store.

Edit: From the bts:

Loyalty Rewards (members)

Last but not least' date=' this month sees a huge selection of exciting rewards that you’ll be able to access through the Members Loyalty Program. Earn Loyalty Points to unlock a fantastic range of items, from custom titles to unique emotes, exclusive new costumes and amazing auras in a new player worn slot.

[/quote']

So yeah, the katana isn't what they are talking about. They say there is going to be a HUGE selection of rewards from the loyalty points.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Ugh, I just realised something.... If they don't bring out the loyalty rewards this week, then it'll be next week.... I'm moving to Missouri next Monday, so I won't be on RS untill Tuesday or Wednesday depending on when we can get internet hooked up at the new house.... I guess I won't get to try out the loyalty rewards right away.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

edit - next game update:

This update will add two changes into game. The first is a new world queuing system, where you will now be placed into a queue when trying to log into a full world, which will automatically log you in once there is enough free space on the world.

The second update will add some preliminary functionality to a new “instance world” system. If you take a trip to the TzHaar Fight Pit, you will now be able to select to play either “Local” or “Global” matches. A local match will function in the exact same way as before. A global match will automatically log you into a special instance world, along with anyone from any server who selects the same, to allow for easier access to larger games.

Both minor tweaks, but both sound pretty decent.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

edit - next game update:

This update will add two changes into game. The first is a new world queuing system, where you will now be placed into a queue when trying to log into a full world, which will automatically log you in once there is enough free space on the world.

The second update will add some preliminary functionality to a new instance world system. If you take a trip to the TzHaar Fight Pit, you will now be able to select to play either Local or Global matches. A local match will function in the exact same way as before. A global match will automatically log you into a special instance world, along with anyone from any server who selects the same, to allow for easier access to larger games.

[qfc]15-16-127-62906581[/qfc]

Sounds pretty interesting.

Hopefully it gets rolled out in-time to most games.

Then they'd be no more epic laggy soul wars world or w/e as most soulwars players would come from all over the place to the instanced world

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Sounds better than Loyalty Rewards, and I don't need anything new, I have plenty of stuff to deal with and do at the moment. I can survive without more content for another week.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Instanced areas would help solve the one major part of the bot issue current in place... we wouldn't have to contend with bots for resources and monsters... (the other major issue with bots would be the economy... to solve that it would require STOPPING bots within 2 days instead of a month or two)

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instanced areas would help solve the one major part of the bot issue current in place... we wouldn't have to contend with bots for resources and monsters... (the other major issue with bots would be the economy... to solve that it would require STOPPING bots within 2 days instead of a month or two)

Sounds like it's relegated to Tzhaar fight pits, the player vs player arena, not the city as a whole.

Sorry, you're still going to have to fight off bots.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png