Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Hopefully this thing doesn't surpass the rapier.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Hope they are only killable on task, a chance to use my 2k slayer points on skips.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

By all rights it should be better than rapier, rapier is 80 attack while new whip is 85 attack. And 80 slayer is more difficult to get than 80 dg.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

By all rights it should be better than rapier, rapier is 80 attack while new whip is 85 attack. And 80 slayer is more difficult to get than 80 dg.

Whip is 70 attack while a godsword is 75 attack. GS must be better right? Oh wait, whip is more dps than a GS? Madness!!!

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

It's gonna be soooo packed on the first day... XD I will laugh if the update doesn't happen until FRIDAY.

Slayer level: Check

Combat level: Check

Many Whips: Check.

I'm ready for this. Good thing I haven't brought a Chaotic yet, if this surpasses crapier or close to (minus stab on dragons) my first will be Ccbow.

Popoto.~<3

Fewer than 95k people have 80 Dung. We'll assume 75% of them have the rapier while the others chose something else and don't have 87 yet. I'm sure the 71k people this will affect will cause the next "[cabbage] storm." God-forbid that the people who have rapier will now also have a better weapon and won't have to pay 200k/hr of use anymore. Did you really think chaotics would be the best forever? Better gear comes out all the time; that's the way this game works. It's been 1.25 years since they were released and it was only a matter of time until they were outclassed. It's not like the rapier would become totally useless anyway. How is anyone supposed to stab with a whip? For the group of players that actually cares about DPS, would you use slash on a frost dragon? I don't even care about efficiency and I wouldn't use slash on any dragon...

For the person comparing Godswords to whips, Jagex doesn't measure DPS; players do. If they did, it would be in the stats menu for equipment. Jagex could have considered the Godswords to be superior and that's why they chose those stat requirements to be higher.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I still don't imagine the stats becoming better than that of a rapier's. Of course slash would excel for a whip but I still see the rapier being better as far as overall usage goes. The main aspect of this update to me sounds like the area itself, not the upgrade to whips.

281ae50b7c.png

Fewer than 95k people have 80 Dung. We'll assume 75% of them have the rapier while the others chose something else and don't have 87 yet.... [snip]

The major problem is Dungeoneering is almost a forced teamwork skill. Now unless you already had high Dungeoneering, friends with it etc, People like myself CANNOT level it up to ~83 for just a Chaotic Rapier via Solo, even worse is World 117 which is FULL or idiots who rage quit the moment they die instead of pushing on, or take 2 hour floors. Now Im not expecting the floors to be 20mins, 30-40 is nice, 1hr is a decent average, but 2 hours + is just [cabbage].

Popoto.~<3

Fewer than 95k people have 80 Dung. We'll assume 75% of them have the rapier while the others chose something else and don't have 87 yet.... [snip]

The major problem is Dungeoneering is almost a forced teamwork skill. Now unless you already had high Dungeoneering, friends with it etc, People like myself CANNOT level it up to ~83 for just a Chaotic Rapier via Solo, even worse is World 117 which is FULL or idiots who rage quit the moment they die instead of pushing on, or take 2 hour floors. Now Im not expecting the floors to be 20mins, 30-40 is nice, 1hr is a decent average, but 2 hours + is just [cabbage].

I did 95% of my Rapier solo. There is no 'CANNOT' about it. Sure, it sucks, it's inefficient, and it took me a lot longer than in a team, but it is possible.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I did 95% of my Rapier solo. There is no 'CANNOT' about it. Sure, it sucks, it's inefficient, and it took me a lot longer than in a team, but it is possible.

Just like it's also possible to reach level 99 (or 100, whatever the cap is) at the beginning area of many console RPGs. However, it's beyond tedious and extremely impractical.

td2sig.jpg

Oh i know its not impossible, I merely say its insanely long to get it VIA solo, and for someone who cannot stand to do such a thing like that for so long, they wont get it (aka myself), but I digress.

Popoto.~<3

Oh i know its not impossible, I merely say its insanely long to get it VIA solo, and for someone who cannot stand to do such a thing like that for so long, they wont get it (aka myself), but I digress.

Once you get that first chaotic though, getting the next one solo is quite do-able. After losing my first rapier due to DC'ing, I got my second rapier via solo in 4-5 days of no lifing. Had I not no lifed it, I'd guess it would have taken me 8-10 days to get.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

For the person comparing Godswords to whips, Jagex doesn't measure DPS; players do.

Jagex does measure DPS, they didn't just pull the Godsword's stats out of thin air.

If you look at all the numbers on Dungeoneering equipment you'd appreciate the balancing department a bit more :P

Also, whip has been was the top DPS equipment for ... 5 years? Only 2 years after release did it become an inferior strength training weapon to the Saradomin Sword.

Jagex, knowing how much they love Dungeoneering, aren't going to go out of their way to ruin the Rapier's position so fast.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I personally love Dungeoneering and will train it regardless what happens to chaotic weapons, but making the rapier inferior to whip will make dg useless to most players.

Crossbow? Rigour? Maul? Arcane Stream?

I wish that more overworld monsters were specifically weaker to Stab, Slash or Crush. That would easily solve this problem, as whip would be the one handed slash weapon of choice, and rapier would be the stab.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I personally love Dungeoneering and will train it regardless what happens to chaotic weapons, but making the rapier inferior to whip will make dg useless to most players.

Crossbow? Rigour? Maul? Arcane Stream?

I wish that more overworld monsters were specifically weaker to Stab, Slash or Crush. That would easily solve this problem, as whip would be the one handed slash weapon of choice, and rapier would be the stab.

Most of them do it just for the rapier.

Rapier is the main choice of 1st chaotic because it is a general weapon.Good for slayer/bosshunting/activities(such as barrows).The other dungeon items mentioned are usefull for specific reasons.

Crossbow,rigour-ranging bosshunting(arma/nex),maul is most usefull for few activities(waterfiends/TDS),arcane stream is mostly used for dks/barrows/training magic(be it through slayer or camping).Haven't used the stream since I got 99 mage.

tl:dr: Rapier is a general weapon and it is going to be a favourite first choice for dungeon equipment.