Araxxor, Twitch Integration and Lobby Update

Fred_S

So, watching streams... most of the mechanics appear to by copy/pasted from other bosses..

Cocoon web = ice prison

Web shield = green shield from kk/siphon/vorago reflect

swipe = drag and run at nex

fire attack on eggs = vitalis/teamsplit

KO spider = unstable glacyte

attack switching = tormented demons

KO jumpy attack = dark core without healing

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Went with this

avMd8.png

Yak is summoned and filled with rocktails, then another brew is withdrawn.

Use brews for p1, 2 and 3. Should finish nicely.

You could probably get away with only 2 super restores when using Penance.

On phase 1, count normal attacks. After the 5th attack, he uses one of his specials. Try to use anticipation after the 4th attack to prepare for it - this allows you to avoid the drag-in and reduce the cocoon time. If he uses a web for healing on his special attack, use frag shot and stop attacking, preventing his 5k heals. If frag shot misses, use autoattacks instead. Burn the web at any time, but bring Araxxor down the corridor once he's at 5k LP or less.

On phase 2 (northern path), watch for when spider eggs are dropped to the ground. Lure the fireball to them to destroy them. When minions spawn, kill all of them, pulsing and mirrorback ones first. If more spider eggs drop while melee (bladed) minions are alive, lure them to the eggs to kill them too. Once 20 minions have been killed, lower Araxxor to 5k LP and proceed down to the next chamber; alternatively, DPS him regardless of minions and proceed to phase 3.

On phase 3, kill any remaining minions that spawn if you haven't cleared 20 of them by the end of phase 2. Watch for when he spits acid onto the ground, which leaves a green pool - move far away from this. When an acidic spider spawns from this green pool, keep your distance until it self-destructs.

When Araxxor is at low LP on phase 3, lure all the highly acidic spiders into him. Make sure you get 4 in to reduce the damage taken during phase 4.

On phase 4, switch prayers based on the attacks that Araxxi fires - acid attacks are magic, web attacks are ranged. Note that the delay on the attack's damage is different for each style; you have a bit more wiggle room with timing for the magic attack, I think. You must keep switching to negate most of the damage. Use devotion and debilitate to reduce this damage (actually, you should be doing this the entire kill, lol), and use rocktails for healing at this point. Deal with the special attacks as per normal - avoid the cleave special attack, and use frag shot/autoattacks on the healing web special attack.

At 25% remaining LP, Araxxi fires a jet of putrid acid that seeks you out like the dark core from the corp beast. You have to run around the room to avoid this, while switching prayers, and while still damaging Araxxi and eating food.

Chris L mentioned that there's something else you can do with the putrid acid besides running away from it, but idk what that is atm. Also, Ambler mentioned that you could use a nihil at this point to deal damage to Araxxi, leaving you to only worry about switching prayers, moving, and healing yourself.

Edited by Saradomin_Mage
  • Like 5

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

On 21st July I wrote... http://forum.tip.it/topic/325349-14-jul-2014-%E2%80%94-legacy-mode-launch-global-combat-improvements-and-gear-guide/page-10?do=findComment&comment=5507788

Expect it to change its attack/fight mechanisms every time you fight. Sometimes it'll be resistant to magic, others to melee and you won't ever know until you start the fight. Oh and make a single misclick?.... instant death. Also it costs 10m gp each time to fight.... and takes about 2 hours.

How close were my predictions?

1. Expect it to change its attack/fight mechanisms every time you fight - As well as the different mechanics each week it also gets harder every time you fight it, resetting at 1am

2. Sometimes it'll be resistant to magic, others to melee and you won't ever know until you start the fight - Each path triggers different fight mechanics

3. Oh and make a single misclick?.... instant death - Watch out for those highly acidic spiders.

4. Also it costs 10m gp each time to fight - A rather modest 200k to fight. I was exaggerating about the 10m but I knew Chris L couldn't resist charging at least some GP. Only one person or duo can enter the base world instance at a time. If someone is already inside, you will not be able to enter and have no option but to pay the fee.

5. Takes about 2 hours - Wildly off for this one but by the time you add up the repairing of gear and collecting resources it probably does take quite a while.

Looks like you need really top end gear to fight as well. How much developer time was spent on something so few people will ever play?

• Like 1

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yeah, the instance fee is a bit stupid. QBD is soloable without an instance fee, what's the point of slapping one on Araxxor? There's no point to Araxxor's improved loot table over QBD if you spend the difference away in the entrance fee and higher supply usage, as well as kill times over 4 times in length.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the 200K fee.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Has anyone gotten twitch to work?

It stayed at 0% for me...

There is a link to download some extra software for your computer. I think its a couple of C++ things. Once you do that click the button.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

apparently Mod Chris L said that once we figure out araxxor's mechanics fully we *should* be able to do multiple kills per trip. That sub 7 kill player has figured out something no one else has maybe?

Edit: One thing I noticed is that Araxxor's cleave can hit minions. Not sure if this enrages him since he's doing the killing. It's really hard to pull off anyway..

Maybe we should ignore the eggs/minions that spawn (except for pulsing/mirrorback). Do the regular minions follow if you run away? Say, spawn some of the minions at the first area, then move a bit further. Spawn some more and move ahead again. If they don't follow you wont enrage the boss further and you can focus more on dpsing him down.

Edit 2: Maybe the lureable acid spiders on P3 can be lured to somewhere else?

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

avZXe.png

like 3rd try that i didnt dc on

• Like 2

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I really don't get it, it's Jagex fault that they're no longer compensating for a computer more than a decade old?

Have you read their system requirements? I was able to play at ~18 fps about 1.5 years ago. Unless they're going to update those requirements, this computer is still supposed to work, which would mean Jagex is making RuneScape's applet more bloated. Especially since I've got an AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4650 in an AGP slot in this ancient system. Yeah, really, that much GPU, and I'm still fully able to use it somehow. :o

~D. V. "Maybe it helps that I've got 2 GB of RAM, too?" Devnull

I know I'm kind of late with this reply, but this caught my attention. You're actually not using that GPU to it's full potential due to something called bottlenecking. I won't explain what that means, since google will do a better job of that, but putting a strong GPU with a bad CPU is never a good idea. Start saving up for a new rig man :P.

• Like 1

Chris L mentioned that there's something else you can do with the putrid acid besides running away from it, but idk what that is atm. Also, Ambler mentioned that you could use a nihil at this point to deal damage to Araxxi, leaving you to only worry about switching prayers, moving, and healing yourself.

Now that I think about it.. Has anyone tried luring the putrid acid under Araxxi himself? Maybe that's what he meant, it will damage him?

apparently Mod Chris L said that once we figure out araxxor's mechanics fully we *should* be able to do multiple kills per trip. That sub 7 kill player has figured out something no one else has maybe?

Edit: One thing I noticed is that Araxxor's cleave can hit minions. Not sure if this enrages him since he's doing the killing. It's really hard to pull off anyway..

Maybe we should ignore the eggs/minions that spawn (except for pulsing/mirrorback). Do the regular minions follow if you run away? Say, spawn some of the minions at the first area, then move a bit further. Spawn some more and move ahead again. If they don't follow you wont enrage the boss further and you can focus more on dpsing him down.

Edit 2: Maybe the lureable acid spiders on P3 can be lured to somewhere else?

Interesting.. Don't you get hit for massive amounts of damage if you attack him when he spawns minions on P2?
Could be something with the acid spiders.. 
Maybe lure Araxxor over the fire web you burn at the start? If that's possible.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Interesting.. Don't you get hit for massive amounts of damage if you attack him when he spawns minions on P2?

Could be something with the acid spiders.. 

Maybe lure Araxxor over the fire web you burn at the start? If that's possible.

Only if there's mirrorback spiders around. If you attack araxxor when one is around you get reflected 100% back. Anyway I tried running from the minions but they follow you anywhere you go. Tanking them is not an option either. They even follow you to P4...

People have figured out that in P4 when the acid ball comes you're supposed to stay still until it comes on you, then move exactly 1 square away. This makes it hop around for 5 times without hitting you. Then just repeat when it comes back.

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Someone worked out that when the putrid acid is launched, it makes 5 bounces before targetting the square you're standing on. When it lands and hits you, moving away from that square causes it to return to its 5 bounce rotation before it re-targets your square again.

Basically, the more you run, the more it'll try to hit you, but if you let it hit you and move away from it, it'll start bouncing again and give you more breathing room for prayer switching.

Also, while we're here, fun stats from the HLF:

[hide]aw9es.png[/hide]

98634 total deaths as of 5pm~ game time.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

From the HLF regarding the putrid acid from last wave. Apparently this trick works.

8055b6624e.png

ty gwyn.... <_<

Also turning on revolution for the last phase and summoning a steel titan/Nihil seems to be helpful. Will try this all out later for myself.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.