Araxxor, Twitch Integration and Lobby Update

Fred_S

They keep saying there's too much money in the economy and that this affects poor people by increasing costs (this is Jagex's argument for inflation-control)

where has Jagex kept saying this? Asking because I have never read anything along these lines from Jagex.

They have said it in the past (though I don't have a specific quote at the moment). Incidentally in economics, that is the standard and main argument for why inflation is supposedly bad. Inflation is when there is too much money in the economy, and it pushes the prices of everything up. The standard argument then goes on to prescribe countering inflation (by taking money out of the economy) because rising prices are generally bad for poor/average people. In the real world, the only way money enters into the economy is when government prints it, so it's quite easy to control the supply of money, and most money in the real world simply changes hand (new money is not created). In Runescape though, money pops into existence out of thin air, so the supply is very hard to control. The only way is basically to have harsh restrictions, but since no one wants that (myself included), what I have been suggesting is that Jagex should just let people keep their money (rich and poor) instead of artificial or unreasonable inflation-countering methods (degrading costs, IMO, are fine, whereas 200K per attempt is less so).

The thing is most of us rarely do things that actually create gp from nothing and even when we do from monster drops we usually leave it because its such small amounts, so arguably without affecting players too greatly Jagex could simply remove coin drops from all but the very low end mobs and rewards and tweak alch spells to give something other than coins and it'd put a massive curb on inflation because money wouldn't be being created at a rate that outstrips its destruction but there'd still be plenty around for us to buy and sell successfully.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Except then they'd have to rebalance construction and summoning and all the other GP black hole skills/methods as well. Best to leave alching as it is and try to find a balance with future GP sink updates.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Except then they'd have to rebalance construction and summoning and all the other GP black hole skills/methods as well. Best to leave alching as it is and try to find a balance with future GP sink updates.

Not really.

Alching is the main problem with gp creation in the first place, leaving that alone would be the worst in any attempt to stem gp creation.

Plus the gp sinks clearly don't do enough since we still have rampant inflation - there is no reason they'd have to be altered as long as the change to gp creation was balanced against the existing rate of gp destruction.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Agreed, alching is the main problem, and would be a much better solution than their current strategies. But some of the economy is built on alching. There are drops like, say, Onyx bolts, which are in and out of themselves quite useless but have a decent market price because there is a floor tied to their alching price. Same applies to rune items.

• Like 1

Finally completed araxxor, tunnel 3 really is easy :) Did it 3 times but not sure how much more I could do what with the enrage thing and all.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

On 8 kills so far using route 2 today, pretty easy once you've got the hang of it. Alternating Sharpshooter/Vampyrism/Penance too just to help out slightly every now and then.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

So can you kill it in Legacy mode?

If so then I may bother seeing it if not then screw it.

QBD is like the only decent one-off creature they have but out since like Kalphite Queen. (Haven't bothered with the Neon Jesuses because the keys are too valuable).

As for the entry cost, it looks retarded.

Maybe if they clipped a zero or two off you might go there more than once.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Not really.

Alching is the main problem with gp creation in the first place, leaving that alone would be the worst in any attempt to stem gp creation.

Plus the gp sinks clearly don't do enough since we still have rampant inflation - there is no reason they'd have to be altered as long as the change to gp creation was balanced against the existing rate of gp destruction.

I don't know about alching being the main problem honestly... I mean yes, as far as being consistent and giving pure gp into the economy I agree that it does that. But As far as being the main proponent... I really doubt that. I don't alch things on a daily, or weekly basis, and I haven't heard of peopel alching to 99 mage anymore (especially not with glacors, slayer, and the abyss). However, I do believe that TH is a main proponent. You get two spins everyday, and rares about once a month. Many of the higher priced items directly input a couple million into the economy in pure gp. With a couple people doing this everytime they get good luck, and all the different accounts it happens to, I can easily see why we have inflation problems. 

@above ofc, one step forward two steps back in posting  :rolleyes:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

The game is also 13 years old. Given that much time, even things that aren't really huge moneymakers are going to have an impact. 

Honestly, wealth disparity feels like a bigger problem. One boss drop could make you more than a handful of skills can produce in a lifetime. You can't really balance around that, can you?

• Like 1

The game is also 13 years old. Given that much time, even things that aren't really huge moneymakers are going to have an impact.

Honestly, wealth disparity feels like a bigger problem. One boss drop could make you more than a handful of skills can produce in a lifetime. You can't really balance around that, can you?

It's not really bad wealth disparity, though. There's nothing stopping poorer players from earning more money. It's not like the real world where there are legitimate reasons for having a low income. The model of flipping and doing dailies while training your skills is a guaranteed way to at least afford gear to kill the profitable bosses. It's been that way for a long time.

Ultimately, if you're poor in runescape, it's because you didn't put enough time into the right things. It's not because of inflation. It's not because of expensive boss drops that other people are getting. It's not because skilling is unprofitable.

• Like 2

It's not really bad wealth disparity, though. There's nothing stopping poorer players from earning more money. It's not like the real world where there are legitimate reasons for having a low income. The model of flipping and doing dailies while training your skills is a guaranteed way to at least afford gear to kill the profitable bosses. It's been that way for a long time.

Ultimately, if you're poor in runescape, it's because you didn't put enough time into the right things. It's not because of inflation. It's not because of expensive boss drops that other people are getting. It's not because skilling is unprofitable.

Not disputing that (or even arguing it, really), I just dislike the idea of a moneymaker with a completely different scale than the rest of the game on principle.

Then what kind of scaling do you want? It sounds like you want linear scaling, which doesn't work at all.

I almost feel like Jagex has focused too much on bosses to the point where there's no real point to skilling at all. Used to be, skillers could put in some hours of work and get the best gear. It would take a bit but it wasn't as ridiculous as it currently is. One of the main issues I think is that gear doesn't really require skilling resources anymore. Before pvp really died, the most common gear tended to be rune which was fine for most situations, barrows was better but still not outrageous in price with a full set taking maybe a week or 2 of skilling. That started changing it seemed with gwd, where the hilts were really expensive, they could take quite a while to earn from skilling and they didn't really require any skilling resources to create. 

I think Jagex needs to bring it back around and either require ores/logs/etc for repair costs or something just to give skilling a use outside of exp gain. Perhaps release some skilling materials that need to be used in conjunction with boss drops but make those resources take a while to gain with low exp rates. I feel like while bossing does deserve a higher gain per hour, it shouldn't be as huge a disparity as it is now and Jagex needs to make skilling useful again.

• Like 4

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Well, Jagex designed the game for skilling to not be profitable. It was only profitable for a while because it had a couple of extremely overpowered methods. Skilling won't be highly profitable again unless Jagex redesigns the whole game or they release a new overpowered method.

Then what kind of scaling do you want? It sounds like you want linear scaling, which doesn't work at all.

I almost feel like Jagex has focused too much on bosses to the point where there's no real point to skilling at all. Used to be, skillers could put in some hours of work and get the best gear. It would take a bit but it wasn't as ridiculous as it currently is. One of the main issues I think is that gear doesn't really require skilling resources anymore. Before pvp really died, the most common gear tended to be rune which was fine for most situations, barrows was better but still not outrageous in price with a full set taking maybe a week or 2 of skilling. That started changing it seemed with gwd, where the hilts were really expensive, they could take quite a while to earn from skilling and they didn't really require any skilling resources to create. 

I think Jagex needs to bring it back around and either require ores/logs/etc for repair costs or something just to give skilling a use outside of exp gain. Perhaps release some skilling materials that need to be used in conjunction with boss drops but make those resources take a while to gain with low exp rates. I feel like while bossing does deserve a higher gain per hour, it shouldn't be as huge a disparity as it is now and Jagex needs to make skilling useful again.

The only thing I disagree with is that there is no real point to skilling. On the contrary, I don't think skilling has ever been more popular. One example, there are no longer dedicated pkers, pvmers, and so on. Pkers are maxed, pvmers, are maxed, every "type" of acc maxs out now. The highscores just get more and more full of 200m stats. GP/Xp ratios have never been higher (yes partly due to bots).

Not going to get into more specifics. I do disagree that there is no point to skilling. It's just that now the point of skilling is simply to skill, ie get xp. Years ago it was for income and maybe some fun.

It could be good to build some common resources like existing logs and ores etc into repair costs. I like that idea.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Fumbra strikes again.

• Like 5

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Not OC:

saXUj4s.png

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Still not OC:

5cvr5mv.png

• Like 3

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!