Araxxor, Twitch Integration and Lobby Update

Fred_S

Yeah, luring the acid spiders on you instead of him doesn't get him enraged in the final fight.

What I am having trouble with is luring him over the acid on part 2. I never know when I've had him on there long enough to break the barrier. Also, since he melees you the cleave is [bleep]ing overpowered at 150% enrage. 1 hit ko if you can't avoid it.

On path 1, do I skip phase 1&2 and run right to 3?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Yeah, luring the acid spiders on you instead of him doesn't get him enraged in the final fight.

Does it matter if you lure them to you or just ignore them, then? I haven't felt the full frustration of p4 yet as I got cleaved right at the start while trying to brew back up so couldn't click away. Going to put a brew on my bar now...

Also, are people in agreement of using ss instead of pray swapping? I've heard a few tactics about it, so not sure which is better. Another suggestion was to pray range if ranging so you'll get Maged and have better Def. Thoughts?

Lure them on to you. That's why there is a lure option. Mod Chris L is a bit of a troll. :P.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Oh wow, the difference between getting him to eat the spiders, and just luring them on you is huge. phase 4 is a heck of a lot easier, thanks so much for the tip.     I finally got my first kill , several very close calls and a lot of deaths and wasted cash.   But ill take the single victory that there is hope.     I also tried using SS and got absolutely shredded, so personally wouldnt advise it.

My biggest gripe currently with the EOC is the way certain abilities animations basically cause you to be stunned and unable to move for a second or so (like needle strike and bombardment), and therefore they can easily get you killed if pressed at the same time as a swipe, or unlucky green spider.     This is also a problem i find when doing the ascension bosses.    If Jagex are going to insist on making bosses where you have to dodge stuff very quickly to avoid ko's, they really need to fix this.

• Like 2

Oh wow, the difference between getting him to eat the spiders, and just luring them on you is huge. phase 4 is a heck of a lot easier, thanks so much for the tip.     I finally got my first kill , several very close calls and a lot of deaths and wasted cash.   But ill take the single victory that there is hope.     I also tried using SS and got absolutely shredded, so personally wouldnt advise it.

My biggest gripe currently with the EOC is the way certain abilities animations basically cause you to be stunned and unable to move for a second or so (like needle strike and bombardment), and therefore they can easily get you killed if pressed at the same time as a swipe, or unlucky green spider.     This is also a problem i find when doing the ascension bosses.    If Jagex are going to insist on making bosses where you have to dodge stuff very quickly to avoid ko's, they really need to fix this.

Your character visually doesn't move, but it actually moves server-side if you click away.

Quick video of my fastest Araxxor kill so far, commentary too which explains some mechanics.

• Like 4

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

It doesn't stun you.

It makes it look like you are standing still, but it is the same as every other non-combo ability in the game.

It is much alkin to how you used to be able to delay movement so you could rubberband when pking. Its the exact same thing

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Thanks for the comments. I always do spam Click away when it happens and as you say , the character moves server serverside , and when it eventually works out whats going on you magicall run/jump to where you clicked to. I guess its the lack of smoothness In this thats my gripe. Perbaps its me panicking that im not moving thats gotten me hit sometimes

So, can someone clarify a few points for me..

- If you go path1 and do not kill 20 spiders, 20 spiders will spawn in phase 4

- If you do not kill araxxor fully in phase 1, path1, and path2, he is healed for the hp that remained in phase 3

- You can not damage araxxor in path 3

- For phase 3, araxxor can eat the poison spiders if you "lure" them and get too close to him

- Any spiders that remain unlured going into phase4 get eaten by araxxi

- any spiders eaten by either araxxor or araxxi make all damage araxxi deal higher in phase 4..

- and, the best way to do phase3 is to lower hp, tag all spiders, and proceed to phase4 without any of them getting eaten

- If you go path1 and do not kill 20 spiders, 20 spiders will spawn in phase 4 Correct

- If you do not kill araxxor fully in phase 1, path1, and path2, he is healed for the hp that remained in phase 3 Half the hp

- You can not damage araxxor in path 3 Correct, it's just time based/pressing the right buttons to proceed

- For phase 3, araxxor can eat the poison spiders if you "lure" them and get too close to him Correct, though don't do this

- Any spiders that remain unlured going into phase4 get eaten by araxxi She "absorbs the acid", but pretty much same thing.

- any spiders eaten by either araxxor or araxxi make all damage araxxi deal higher in phase 4.. Yep

- and, the best way to do phase3 is to lower hp, tag all spiders, and proceed to phase4 without any of them getting eaten Yep. You click "Lure" on them and they follow you, get too close and Araxxor eats them, healing 5k and increasing his damage dealt.

:)
  • Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

- If you go path1 and do not kill 20 spiders, 20 spiders will spawn in phase 4 Correct

- If you do not kill araxxor fully in phase 1, path1, and path2, he is healed for the hp that remained in phase 3 Half the hp

- You can not damage araxxor in path 3 Correct, it's just time based/pressing the right buttons to proceed

- For phase 3, araxxor can eat the poison spiders if you "lure" them and get too close to him Correct, though don't do this

- Any spiders that remain unlured going into phase4 get eaten by araxxi She "absorbs the acid", but pretty much same thing.

- any spiders eaten by either araxxor or araxxi make all damage araxxi deal higher in phase 4.. Yep

- and, the best way to do phase3 is to lower hp, tag all spiders, and proceed to phase4 without any of them getting eaten Yep. You click "Lure" on them and they follow you, get too close and Araxxor eats them, healing 5k and increasing his damage dealt.

:)

Thanks mate :)

Yup.

Path 1/3 are now open. For those just going for a single kill it looks like taking path 3 will be easier.

If you're taking path 1, kill araxxor until spiders spawn, kill spiders, repeat until no spiders, move to phase 3 regardless of HP.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Whenever araxxxors healing web comes down, my character keeps trying to auto attack, even though I have it switched off and I repeatedly click away from him. It just keeps trying to hit him, causing me damage unless i spam click the ground until the web disappears. The only thing Ive found stops it is clicking store on my BOB.  Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Whenever araxxxors healing web comes down, my character keeps trying to auto attack, even though I have it switched off and I repeatedly click away from him. It just keeps trying to hit him, causing me damage unless i spam click the ground until the web disappears. The only thing Ive found stops it is clicking store on my BOB.  Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Maybe your revolution is on? That does it for me sometimes.

xD0EHLB.gif

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Thanks for sharing that graphic!  Looks like deaths steadily dropped as people learned better, and perhaps a bit more surprisingly, kills spiked every late evening.  I guess there aren't as many "no-lifers" as some might have guessed, haha.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I would like to know where she got the graphic from before it went to imgur? :blink:

~D. V. "Somebody had to ask..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,603,65445103

Mod Porky, Jagex's Game Analyst, releases this type of stuff.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I did 4 kills on araxxor and since then ive been getting koed by swipes. Its aggrivating... i think its more bothersome because qbd drops feed quite well into the actual event. I think qbd would compliment aeaxxor immensely with the brew drops. I guess i need to pay her some attention on the 4 kill marker.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So they added some secret buffs to Araxxor, the lights on P3 deal 700-1K damage, and if you skip a phase, whereas before you had to deal half the damage on a later phase, now you have to deal he full 100K. Lame. I guess they had to make us 'earn' that 200K profit increase in the loot rewards.