Master Slayer Guide by Axe Man Jack (AOW) Updated 9/06

bigmoneyak

Comparison:

Your method~Most likely more experience because no time is spent Burthoping, but less time killing abbysal demons because Shilo will give longer tasks.

Axe Man Jack's method~ Most likely less experience because time is spent Burthoping, but more time killing abbysal demons because Burthope will give small, easy tasks.

Ok thanks, I don't care how many abyssal demon tasks I get, as long as I get the fastest possible xp.

Hegel.png

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide! :thumbsup: You have supplied me with many new monster locations for my slayer tasks, thanks. However, I found that there is a faster spot to kill bats. :P On the road to Canifis from Varrock. There are a lot of bats there, and the respawn point is pretty fast. Just a tip. :D

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

Great guide, it will be an excellent help once I start slaying. I didn't see you mention it, but you could bring a house tele tablet and use the glory their, or just bring a glory when slaying, and teleport to Edgevill. You can use the bank, then go back to Zanifis right near the Slayer Master there.

Thanks again. :)

I like to take my Ancient Mace on my Aberrant Specter assignments and whenever my spec bar is full, I go down the chain shortcut and smack a Crawling Hand for free Prayer Points. Its nothing major, but it comes in handy when I get lucky with my hits.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

I think you already know how good the guide is, but I have one correction

You said "worst monsters to kill"

you said to burthrope desert lizards, but I dont think you can

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

you said to burthrope desert lizards, but I dont think you can
Yeah I couldnt burhtorpe my task of 238 :cry:

I'm pretty sure the max is below 200....

Anyways, I would like to comment that mogres are slow to kill, awful drops, and very bad xp. Perhaps suggested burthorping them? (aside from that, absolutely mad guide)

10/10 imo - exellent guide that I have referred to time and again. =D>

Two points - firstly, with aberrant spectres, I never use prayer as this is too expensive. I have def 91 and mage 91, wearing black d hide, orange elemantal shield, infinity boots, salve amulet(e) and barrow gloves, and get more or less a full load with 10 sharks each visit (sometimes I leave with a couple of empty spaces and sometimes with a couple of sharks left). Since sharks are practically free, I find them a better alternative and have used this method since def 86 and mage 87 I believe. :-k

Secondly, you have a very good point about losing connection whilst fighting gargoyles; this happened to me #-o . I was wearing a ring of life as I was aware that this could happen (credit to Axe Man Jack for the heads up :thumbsup: ). It took a little while, but when I logged back in I was in Falador with all my stuff :pray: . I know this isn't always reliable as they may KO you before the tele happens, but it worked for me.

Sat there while the screen freezes, the sound stutters, and you stare wide-eyed at the 6mil of inventory you're carrying... :boohoo:

:shock:

Nightmarish.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

10/10 imo - exellent guide that I have referred to time and again. =D>

Two points - firstly, with aberrant spectres, I never use prayer as this is too expensive. I have def 91 and mage 91, wearing black d hide, orange elemantal shield, infinity boots, salve amulet(e) and barrow gloves, and get more or less a full load with 10 sharks each visit (sometimes I leave with a couple of empty spaces and sometimes with a couple of sharks left). Since sharks are practically free, I find them a better alternative and have used this method since def 86 and mage 87 I believe. :-k

Secondly, you have a very good point about losing connection whilst fighting gargoyles; this happened to me #-o . I was wearing a ring of life as I was aware that this could happen (credit to Axe Man Jack for the heads up :thumbsup: ). It took a little while, but when I logged back in I was in Falador with all my stuff :pray: . I know this isn't always reliable as they may KO you before the tele happens, but it worked for me.

Sat there while the screen freezes, the sound stutters, and you stare wide-eyed at the 6mil of inventory you're carrying... :boohoo:

:shock:

Nightmarish.

with 78-79 melee stats, I use 1 prayer potion per trip at specters :P

Wow, this guide is good, it's inspiring and very VERY concise. This must have taken ages. I think you must be the most experienced slayer in the history of Runescape. :thumbsup:

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

Axe, thank you SO MUCH for this guide <3:. I was reading it before I got 85 Slayer and trying to decide whether to continue Slayer or camp at Abbys. I decided to train slayer further and now dark beasts will get a good drop this month \'. 88 Slayer atm and in a mad rush for 90. I'm also laughing at everyone that stayed at 85 to abby camp :lol:.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.