Hidden Updates

the_tallest1

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowledge base URL links now have two forms (notice the guid= bit)

The new:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=back_to_my_roots_members

The old style still works however, these two pages are exactly the same page.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=165

Knowledge base URL links now have two forms (notice the guid= bit)

The new:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?guid=back_to_my_roots_members

The old style still works however, these two pages are exactly the same page.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarticle.ws?article_id=165

Thats daft...... Jagex sliped enough leaks through url manipulation when it was a number! I guess we are going to see alot more major leaks unless they tidy up when the upload website info.

_________

I don't think alot of people know about this...

Before the update, if you held alt then type some numbers in the chat it would only start typing the numbers.

But now, the alt+ chatacters work.

Before the update it would appear in chat like this(example): 424

After the update it looks like this: ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ

Idk if it works for anyone... at least it works for me.. :-k

Also it doesn't work with most combinations, and it only works from num pad (right side of the keyboard)

424=ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ

0178=ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò

0698=ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú

Hold alt and type the numbers, then release alt

That was hidden. But it's been out for a very long time.

Came with the German language update so extra symbols could be used for those with non german keybords.

sig2webzx7.jpg

not a big deal but now when you make dough for pizza or pies if you dont have enough space in your inventory it will stop making; and not drop on the floor like it used to. this was changed with the last update.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Runescape's chat filter will now actually block your password, if you try to say your pass you'll get the message: "You appear to be telling someone your password -please don't! If you are not, please change your password to something more obscure!"

Was on main page over half a year ago, stopped the scammers who said 'jagex blocks your password'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I don't think alot of people know about this...

Before the update, if you held alt then type some numbers in the chat it would only start typing the numbers.

But now, the alt+ chatacters work.

Before the update it would appear in chat like this(example): 424

After the update it looks like this: ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ

Idk if it works for anyone... at least it works for me.. :-k

Also it doesn't work with most combinations, and it only works from num pad (right side of the keyboard)

424=ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ

0178=ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò

0698=ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú

Hold alt and type the numbers, then release alt

There called Alt Codes. You hold Alt and press a combination or like 3 or 4 numbers and a symbol or letter will appear if you put in the correct numbers for it.

Vector1.png

Runescape's chat filter will now actually block your password, if you try to say your pass you'll get the message: "You appear to be telling someone your password -please don't! If you are not, please change your password to something more obscure!"

Doesn't anyone read the front page anymore?

Unless you quit and then started playing again, but I doubt it, some of the people who play these days can't afford to spend 3mins to... read :uhh:

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

When attacking a Slayer Monster with a higher requirement than your current skill, not only you will hit 0's, a message in your chatbox will say "You need a higher slayer level to know how to wound this monster."

I was playing the day when slayer was released.

I got this message that day.

Very much not recent or hidden

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

i have no idea how long this has been out, but when you log back into fight caves, it give you a few seconds untill next wave to get set up, so you can now safely take a break :thumbsup:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The text when eatting an onion has changed.

Before it used to be along the lines of watch a grown man cry or something.

Now it's "It makes your eyes water, but it does heal some health."

It used to be, "It's always sad to see a grown man cry." I don't know if it changed if you were female? :?

P.S.

Demon Vanquisher

:)

when you examine an onion it says "its sad to see a grown man/woman cry"

no, it doesnt. examine an onion on patches only say "makes you cry"

exmaine an onion in inventory will say" a strong smelling onion"

eating an onion without full hp will say, "It makes your eyes water, but it does heal some health."

eating an onion with full hp will say "it's always sad to see a grown man/woman cry"

also, Lidio have stocks now (like other npc, with a 1000% price increase)

(for people who dont know about it, see this: http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?15,16,55,52082884 )

i have no idea how long this has been out, but when you log back into fight caves, it give you a few seconds untill next wave to get set up, so you can now safely take a break :thumbsup:

its not overly recent, but its not been there since it came out i'll give you that. It also gives you time to log out once you finish the wave if you click logout during it.

Barricades can be placed outside the exit from the respawn room in castlewars now.(maybe only the northern sara portal exit not sure about the others)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

When attacking a Slayer Monster with a higher requirement than your current skill, not only you will hit 0's, a message in your chatbox will say "You need a higher slayer level to know how to wound this monster."

You're wrong. I very clearly know that every time I go to get my pouches back I attack a few abby demons for the hell of it, I have never gotten this message.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

[hide=quotes]

[/hide]

You're wrong. I very clearly know that every time I go to get my pouches back I attack a few abby demons for the hell of it, I have never gotten this message.

My story exactly, I was in the ALR area and I attacked an Abby Demon to see for myself what it looked like.

I've attacked some low level slayer monsters when my stats were depleted(Slayer too) and I never got the message before.

[hide=quotes]

[/hide]

My story exactly, I was in the ALR area and I attacked an Abby Demon to see for myself what it looked like.

I've attacked some low level slayer monsters when my stats were depleted(Slayer too) and I never got the message before.

Same, its new i think with the spiritual thing sin god wars

[hide=quotes]

[/hide]

It is much, much older than GWD. I killed an Abysal Demon with recoils and sharks ages ago, and that message came up constantly.

[hide=quotes]

[/hide]

It is much, much older than GWD. I killed an Abysal Demon with recoils and sharks ages ago, and that message came up constantly.

Well put it this way:

every time I have tried it I've had a message.

This includes first couple of weeks after slayer release

Darkbeasts after thier release, while I was doing me2 guide

And past month.

Therefore I can conlude it WAS in game to begin with it IS in game now and it ALWAYS happened on dark beasts.

If anything I'd say it not happening was a bug of sorts for a period inbetween my listed times

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue